Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Video Games Video game reviews and cheats, forums for all systems: PC, PS2-3, Nintendo, Xbox 360, WII

View Poll Results: Have you ever played Sims?
Sims rock! 94 77.05%
What is Sims? 0 0%
Sims what is that? 1 0.82%
Yes 16 13.11%
Nope 11 9.02%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default The sims 3! Our prayers are answered! - 04-06-2008, 09:23 AM

Hey guys, yesterday, I found the sims three site, which I'll link in a minute, and saw a peek at the newest generation of sims, according to the site, our naighborhoods will no longer be sectioned to different houses; It will be one, seamless, perfectly rendered map, which can be edited instantly instead of the loading screens between various different lots and sub-hoods, you can now edit objects' texture, mesh and maybe even function with a built in editor, so now you can make perfectly seamless sets of furniture, items, and decor, I suspect that function change must be unlocked much in the same manor as aspiration rewards: Bye a cheat. (Kidding)

Sims are now truly unique people, their features are now extremely variable, meaning you can determine their exact skintone from a option slide or other means, and probably edit eye color too.

Now you can walk straight out of your lot, and walk free all around the neighborhood, including the areas between houses. It may or may not have any of the creatures, (Ghosts, Aliens, Zombies, Robots, Vampires, Werewolves, Plantsims, Bigfoot, Genie.) But aliens, Ghosts and Ronots are very likely, as they are a recurring theme in the Sims series.

It has been implied that Instead of extremely segmented life sections, were the members of each are all the same height year, There may be a year system, so that you can choose a sim age, due to regular goofyness in the sims, I suspect the minimum and maximum age to be 0-150.

Weight can be slid up and down a scale from skinny to fat, and most likely can still be affected bye external influences, (Working out, overeating, etc.)
Items have been shown to be possible to place diagonally, a feat previously only possible bye hazourdous or rare occurences, such as flukes, cheats or custom content specificaly modeled to point in that direction.

Familys you choose not to play will still live, walk around, grow up and have children, but will most likely be almost invulnrable while in NPC-mode, unless the player specificaly causes their death, (Traping them and them starting a contained fire, placing them near broken electronics, unless the glitch with NPC's trying to fix broken tellys was removed in Sims 3)

Of cource the graphics will be getting an enormous overhaul, screenshots evidence this very well.

The game will be released 2009, month unspecified, Heres the link of the site and wiki article, Which are both full of pictures:

Site: The Sims 3

Wikipedia: The Sims 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-06-2008, 10:01 AM

I wasn't much a fan of the last two games - our computer made the graphics look horrible. However, I absolutely adored Sims Pet Stories. It was so cute.

I'm looking forward to Sims 3; I just hope our computer/xboxes can handle everything. O_o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 04-06-2008, 10:32 AM

Aaaaww, I love cute. :3

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Maddie705 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 04-09-2008, 06:23 PM

Im gonna spend my money on sims 3,of course i may totally overload my dads computer with all the soms junk thats already on there.

I also the the game The Sims:Life Stories
(#35 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyBomb (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-09-2008, 02:43 PM

I love the Sims2. Especially the multi-colored ghosts and making strange projects. Sims3 looks great too! To bad our computers are so old that it probably won't work.

I have odd tastes, you'll just have to get used to it
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Funbun

Default 10-25-2008, 06:09 PM

I AM SIMS 2 OBSESSED!!!
I HAVE TONES OF SIMS GAMES AND EXPANSIONS!!!
But I can't be bothered with sims 3. I'm happy enough, and the sims 3 is just yet another game by stupid EA that will be rediculously expensive. Maybe I will wait till it come down in price...
(#37 (permalink))
Old
R3DSH03x (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 12-20-2008, 09:07 PM

I have every Sims game for my DS and my xBox! I am getting some for my computer next year, maybe tell the prices lower. ;o So I will look into them. I have played Sims2 on my friends computer, it was a bit complicated, but fun at the same time. ^^ Can't wait!

I'm Honey Sempai, but in gal formation.x3
Avi: Me
Siggy Pic: Photobucket
Go Hon Solo Go! >:O
(#38 (permalink))
Old
traciputnam

Default Graphics, Performance and Sims 2 vs. Sims 3 - 12-22-2008, 01:28 PM

I'm gonna wait until after Sims 3 comes out - I've seen the website and I am impressed with the new changes, but I'm not ready to spend $300 more on expansion and stuff packs just yet.

I have every existing expansion and stuff pack for Sims 2 plus over 2,000 custom content files and I found out LONG BEFORE having all this stuff, that my integrated video card was completely useless for 3D games.

So we went out and bought a stand alone video card (which has its own RAM so it doesn't share RAM w/your PC) and it made ALL the difference. It's not PERFECT though, because it also has to do with your PC's processor among other things. But for this game (and even moreso for the Sims 3 game), making sure you have a good stand alone video card that is compatible with Sims 2 and 3 (there is currently a list of NVIDIA cards that supposedly aren't compatible) is a big help when it comes to actually being able to enjoy your game and not suffer choppiness, freezes, sound and graphics issues, etc.

A great site that answers just about EVERYTHING is Sims2WiKi. It's kindof my Sims 2 gameplay, content and technical Bible and if it hasn't already been recommended here, I highly do recommend it for reference on anything Sims 2.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-24-2009, 03:29 PM

Sims 3 comes out in one month or so. =D

You have one huge flowing map now, so what character will you try making? I'm going with my character Eirack, Kleptomaniac, cheerful, sneaky and other things would be good traits for him. =D

(#40 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM

One month and four days xD
I have a giant list of people I'm making, me at the top of it of course xD
I think I will add Kylie and Nate to that list xD

baby, you got me. ♥