Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Video Games Video game reviews and cheats, forums for all systems: PC, PS2-3, Nintendo, Xbox 360, WII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default Fatal Frame II: The Crimson Butterfly (Horror lovers!) - 01-22-2005, 03:21 PM

Hey y'all, I just got a game called "Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly."
I don't suggest it to those that hate the dark, ghosts, bloody scenes, gore, and/or the scariness of the ghosts trying to strangle you! Of course, I got used to it after the first ghost. In truth, all you have to remember is that it's just a game! Although it can seem PRETTY real....*coughs* It's about two twins, Mio and Mayu, who get trapped in a village that is eternally in the grips of an eternal night. A sacrifice went wrong, and a HUGE massacre erupted. A lone woman survived it all. And if you listen hard enough, in the game I mean, you can hear her insane laughter echoing throughout All God's Village....

Anyways, I give this game a 9.5/10 for...pretty much everything EXCEPT a clear concept of what the hell you're supposed to do. Right now, I'm just here because my dad's taking a nap and I can't play it right now so...I'm pretty much looking for a walkthrough. It's a really good game. Mayu injured her leg really bad when she was a child, so she sorta has a limp, while Mio, her younger twin, feels responsible for what happened. Throughout the game, you have to use the Camera Obscura, a special camera that can detect the supernatural, to capture/exorcise ghosts. At the end, from what I know, you have to-wait a minute! I ain't gonna spoil the surprise! The Ritual-Known as both the Crimson Sacrifice and the Forbidden Ritual-is this: One twin....kills the other....thus purifying the land....Scary, huh?? Well, the twins that were used for the one before the village disappeared, Yae and Sae, both were used in the sacrifice, but feared the *(and there is no true name, either...just a symbol), whatever THAT is. Sae died while Yae escaped. This is all I really know...sorry.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-24-2005, 08:01 AM

UPDATE!!

It turns out, Sae WANTED to be sacrificed so she could become one with her sister, Yae! However, Sae got left behind after she fell down a path when she and Yae ran away from the village. So, instead of being strangled by he sister, she was hung and thrown into the *. (Which, I've found out, is named "Hellish Abyss." ) However, only MOMENTS after she was thrown in, the Abyss exploded, and out came Sae, her mind consumed by the Malice and the Darkness. The Kusabi, outsiders who were sacrificed to temporarily appease the Abyss, were her slaves, and killed ALL the villagers. The village then disappeared, leaving the forest shrouded in mist....

The ghosts have gotten harder! Sae came after me, too! One touch from her and BAM! I was dead! I had to get the Camera Obscura back, cause Mio, (the dumbass.) dropped the freaking camera in a tunnel UNDERGROUND!!! Don't worry, I'm okay now, just a lil lost. I don't have a map yet, and the walkthrough I printed didn't specify which rooms to go into. I'll figure it out SOONER or later. Well, until next update! (P.S. I don't know exactly WHAT the priests did to the Kusabis to be. Some sort of cutting ritual. I'm STILL trying to figure it out.)

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Fawkes

Default 01-24-2005, 01:40 PM

I love that game! I bought it a looooong time ago and today I've just won it for the 4th time!

THis is what the preists do (how I understood it)..
THey cut up a guy from he village or outside (in the game they used from outside) if he survives the cutting he's then thrown in the Hellish Abyass to calm the earth and is called a Kusabi
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-24-2005, 07:00 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I thought it was something like that! I just didn't understand the whole cutting ritual, though...I'm playing on easy mode, so, more than likely, I'll end up killing Mayu myself....peachy, ne?

Halestorm
(#5 (permalink))
Old
sweetsuga_86

Default 01-24-2005, 10:10 PM

COOLNESS! I am really into all that ghost stuff. My friends think that I'm obsessed probably true but HEY! I have to have a hobby!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
postgrep

Default 01-24-2005, 11:50 PM

Pff. Vampire Bloodlines pwnz that game.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-25-2005, 08:11 AM

Postgrep,
CLAMP your mouth shut, please. We're not talking about Vampire Bloodlines. You go do your hobbies, I'll do mine. Deal??

Okay, got more info-

Turns out, there was a tree that Yae and Sae had attempted to escape through, or some other set of twins, BUT, as you know, Sae fell from the moutain path. Mayu fell once inside the tree (which was hollow.) and fell asleep, occasionally muttering nonsense. I had recieved a 'pinwheel stone' from the Tachibana house, and I can't put the thing in the mechanism BEFORE I have all the stones. (That really stinks...) Then a blueish haze, so I took a picture, out came a picture of Sae cryng in front of a storehouse, namely the one Itsuki Tachibana, a Remaining, was locked in for helping Sae and Yae escape. So, I went there, opened the door, then...a flashback...(The Remaining are the twin that killed the younger twin.)

(Note: It's all brownish and blackish.)

Sae walked into the storehouse, and gasped as she saw what her closest friend had done. He had hung himself. Because he knew he had failed the promise he had made to his twin, Mutsuki, (What is with all the rhyming twin names???) he hung himself from the rafters. If it weren't FOR that promise, he would have killed himself after the ritual. Sae cries, saying over and over that it was her fault and that she never should have run...

Mio takes a picture of Itsuki's quickly fading ghost and picks up a journal and a crystal ore. The paper on the wall was glowing, so click with the camera and I had a map of the whole village. More later, cuz I'm STUCK!!!!!!

Halestorm
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Fawkes

Default 01-26-2005, 01:28 PM

If you want to know what to do read below:

Go to Osaka House and fight the Woman in the Box.. that way you'll get Osaka Crest (or whatever it's called! I forgot!) next go to the graveyard and kill the broken neck Woman then get the I-Can't-Remember-It's-Name Crest I can't remember where you get the next though!
Sorry! I'll edit the post when I remember! :P
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-26-2005, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes
If you want to know what to do read below:

Go to Osaka House and fight the Woman in the Box.. that way you'll get Osaka Crest (or whatever it's called! I forgot!) next go to the graveyard and kill the broken neck Woman then get the I-Can't-Remember-It's-Name Crest I can't remember where you get the next though!
Sorry! I'll edit the post when I remember! :P
You got it right. The four crests are Kiryu, Osaka, Tachibana, and Tsuchihara. I'm at Osaka house. Already have Tsuchihara, Kiryu, and Tachibana. Trying to get the Osaka crest...and find those pesky kids! I think they have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER that they died, judging from how they're still all happy and giggly. Creepies, huh? I found them all this morning, but I couldn't beat them before I had to go to school.

Halestorm
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-27-2005, 05:35 PM

Okay! I'm so CLOSE to beating it, and NOW I have to take it back to Blockbuster. I'm in the room where I fight rope-dude. You know, that Kusabi thing in the Great Hall of Kurosawa? It stinks that I can't even stay alive even WITH the Stone Mirror! One touch from him and BAM! I was dead AGAIN!!! @.@ *sighs* I'll just have to wait until next week.....Until then, buh-bye!

Halestorm