Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Video Games (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/video-games/)
-   -   Favourite Video Games? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/video-games/22560-favourite-video-games.html)

Elanorea 08-08-2010 02:28 PM

Favourite Video Games?

I know we had a similar thread a few years ago, but I figured it was time for a new one. So, what're your favourite games?

As for me, Baldur's Gate II is probably my overall favourite game, partly for nostalgic reasons (it was the first serious videogame I ever played) but mainly because it's just a ****ing brilliant game. The first game is also good, but for me it just wasn't as enjoyable as the sequel, maybe because I played them out of order.

Among newer CRPGs, my favourites are Fallout 3 (more of an action-RPG really, but it's still good) and Dragon Age (intended to be a spiritual successor to BG, so not surprising that I'd enjoy it :lol:).

As you can tell, I mainly play RPGs, but I also have some favourites from other genres, such as the Sims series (simulation, duh) and Age of Empires 3 (RTS).

Miranda_ 08-08-2010 03:41 PM

I generally prefer the old skool games; I like to play on the Megadrive. XD I like the Sonic games; one and two, Streetfighter 2 and Streets Of Rage one and two.

They just don't make them like they used to. :lol:

Paka 08-30-2010 03:36 PM

I'm an RPG nut myself (also love Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins); favorite games are probably Dragon Quest VIII and The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I mostly play the 360 and DS these days.

As an side, lots of games these days have dollmaker-like aspects it seems... two games I love have really good dress-up game components-- Saints Row 2 (admittedly for mature gamers but the clothing customization is incredible) and Dragon Quest IX. DQ IX sort of works like a drag-and-drop dollmaker actually (do a Google search for Dragon Quest ix character creation); I'm in the process of trying to create a dollmaker for my site based on it, in fact.

mytony 07-21-2011 09:51 PM

My favourite games are World of warcraft and Rift,they are good.

owl_3 12-12-2011 12:18 PM

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA!!! WOOT! :-D
I've played (but not nessesarily beat, I'm still working on it hehe)
-The Legend of Zelda
-Ocarina of Time
-Majora's Mask
-Four Swords Adventure
-Minish Cap
-Wind Waker
-Twilight Princess
-Skyward Sword

I've also cosplayed as Sheik and as Link from Wind Waker. :)

NotYourPrincess 09-16-2012 04:24 PM

Skyrim! That's basically all I've been playing since November. Borderlands 2 is coming out tomorrow at midnight and I'll be waiting in line so me and my friends can go loot some vaults!

RadioactiveKitten 04-27-2013 04:31 PM

POKEMON! :mrgreen:

FlowersFall 04-27-2013 07:10 PM

Pokemon. Its the onlly game I play these days, and I don't care how old I get, I'll keep playing. :)

eros 04-27-2013 10:29 PM

Pokemon will always have a place in my heart, but as if right now I LOVE the Sims! I have the Sims 2 and I can't get enough of it.

TheHayleyDoll 05-07-2013 11:53 AM

Sims 4 was announced yesterday! Super stoked. It won't be released until 2014 I heard, but at least it's coming. I'm interested to see what it will bring. In highschool I spent so much time on Sims 2, and in the past couple years I've been all over Sims 3. I even started using world editor to make worlds for my Sims. =)

In regards to Pokemon, I am super stocked for their new game as well. An international release this fall on the 3ds is what I've heard. News has only been slowly leaking though, and I want to know more!

Just played Alice: Madness Returns, and it was a blast. I really enjoyed that. Other games I'm also into right now are SimCity (that was a f--kup though with the launch), Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Game Dev Tycoon, Bayonetta, and Civ 5. ^_^