Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Video Games Video game reviews and cheats, forums for all systems: PC, PS2-3, Nintendo, Xbox 360, WII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default Dragon Age! - 05-15-2010, 01:18 PM

Ah! I love this game!

The story line and dialog are just epic.

So basically, you're a Grey Warden. And your mission is to fight off a Blight of Dark spawn and save the world from the Arch Demon.

But thats not the best part.

The best part? The romancable characters.

They've finally put one in there for us.

Meet Alistair:

Anyone else just love this game?

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 05-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Woo, another fan! Yeah, I just finished the game recently, and I absolutely loved it. Best thing I've played since Baldur's Gate II. And the Alistair romance was nice, though I did not appreciate him throwing a total b*tchfit and storming off after the Landsmeet, taking all my hard-earned equipment with him :/. I'm thinking about maybe romancing Leliana next playthrough. In general, all the companion interaction in this game is wonderful, though.

The combat was pretty difficult at first, but gets easier once you get the hang of it and make a character with a decent build... my first character was an epic failure, kept dying all the time and finally I decided to start over . My second character was a city elf rogue (assassin/duelist) and I finished the game on mostly normal difficulty (though switching to easy on difficult fights, I'm lazy ).

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-23-2010, 10:38 PM

I didn't have a problem with the combat style, at all.

Oh, and yeah. Alistair was WAY hard to please. I played through first as an elf, and then he broke up with me!
so I had to play again as a human...and then we got married. So, he just lied to my elf character. Saying it was because two grey wardens couldn't produce an heir!

Really it was cos I was an elf!

Then I played as an elf mage...and quit that, because that's probably the most hated combination you can be.

Overall, my favorite was the human roouge! So much fun, and I love the duel sword abilities.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-24-2010, 06:06 PM

Mainly I'm just impatient... want to skip all the fighting and get to the story bits ^^;

I started a new character, a dwarven noble, and I'm about halfway through the game now. I think the dwarf noble origin might just be my favourite out of the ones I've tried, and I'm really liking the way this character turned out. Though I will have to do the Orzammar quests soon and frankly I have no idea whom to support. And ugh, I am not looking forward to going through the Deep Roads again.

Last edited by Elanorea : 05-24-2010 at 07:31 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 05-25-2010, 09:25 PM

Ah. I know. I haaate the deep roads. That's my least favorite quest. I hate it. It's dark and gross. And then the Brood Mother. Gag.

And then to top it off, it seems to just drag on and on and on. Though, I've always found something new. Lol.

Who do you like to use in your party?

I like Alistair, Morrigan and Sten. And sometimes Shale. They seem to have the best conversations. Lol.

Oh! Have you tried seducing Zevran and Alistair? You can have like a love triangle going on, and they'll confront you about it. lol.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Previous playthrough, I went through most of the game with Alistair, Morrigan and Wynne. This playthrough, that's still the core group, though I sometimes switch out Morrigan for Leliana, and occasionally take along other characters just to hear their banter.

As I said, I'm romancing Leliana this time. I turned Zevran down early, but I think Alistair might be trying to start something - his approval level is at Care for some reason, even though I haven't been very romantic with him. But that's not going anywhere for various reasons, one of them being my character already has a girlfriend .

Also, I wish this forum had spoiler tags so we could discuss some of the endgame stuff...