Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Video Games Video game reviews and cheats, forums for all systems: PC, PS2-3, Nintendo, Xbox 360, WII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Louisiana (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 3 Votes / 3.00 Average
Thumbs down Don't join IMVU - 01-18-2009, 01:48 AM

(This time I put it under video games since, if my memory serves me correctly, IMVU also has games.) A few days ago I started a thread in another section where I mentioned enjoying IMVU and having a lot of fun changing my avatar's looks and clothing.

I got back some negative feedback on IMVU which said it gave some people's computers viruses, so later that day I Googled that topic. While I found nothing saying anybody had gotten viruses, I did find some who reported that IMVU had been making their computer run very slowly, which had been what was happening with mine.

Then, the next morning, I was on IMVU when all of a sudden a black screen popped up. It warned me in computer-speak in effect that something serious was going on and that I'd better turn the computer off because it was losing memory.

I immediately turned it off--then, remmebering what people had been saying about it, thought, IMVU.

After that, I uninstalled IMVU's software.

This worked like a charm--my computer (usually, since it's a recycled old clunker) has been running faster and otherwise seems to be working better--though it still has its quirks.

Thanks so much to everyone who warned me about that site under my previous post about IMVU because had I not received these warnings, I wouldn't have had a clue what had caused the warning screen to pop up or what was making my computer run slowly.

And last but not least--to anybody who has IMVU, get rid of it. If you're thinking of getting IMVU, don't.

Sure God created Man before Woman--but don't you always make a rough draft--before the final masterpiece?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default 01-30-2009, 07:10 PM

i had it for like a week and then my computer was super slow. i deleted a bunch of stuff trying 2 find out what was causing it 2 b slow..

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AliceBabii

Thumbs down 11-22-2009, 10:12 AM

Ew, not IMVU. To many pervs. NEVER again!

Last edited by AliceBabii : 11-22-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: The real reason was worse.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Default 12-21-2009, 12:18 AM

I've also heard that IMVU makes computers run slow.My friend had it and it delted HALF of her files on her computer as well as a game she had installed earlier.After that,she got a virus scanning system and found out htat it was IMVU and she deleted IMVU from her computer.It ran much faster,but on sites like IMVU,it wont let her go there I'm not going to EVER get IMVU XD