Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   TV (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tv/)
-   -   Bloopers (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tv/9115-bloopers.html)

m_maxwell 10-20-2005 04:59 PM

Bloopers

Just list bloopers you've seen in movies. You know, little mistakes that they forgot to fix when making the movie.
For example:
Muppet Treasure Island when the carriage carrying Cap. Smollet (Kermit) pulls up, we see one horse has a star on its forehead and the other has a blaze down its nose. They cut away for a second, cut back and the horses have changed positions.
Cats There's one scene where Mistopholes is having trouble with his shoe. Also, in one scene, Victoria is being played by the woman who usually plays Rumpleteaser. (The woman who played Victoria was sick that day.)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show When Columbia does her tap dance, the red carpet misteriously disappears. So do Eddie's suspenders later on.
The Cat in the Hat The Cat lets the kids in on the little known fact that grown cats are actually lactose intolerant. When he does sip some milk later, he belches. Cats can't belch. Then again, they can't talk or drive either so, :roll:
The Hunt for Red October The German soldiers aren't really speaking German. Not Good German anyway.
Men in Black When the car races over the ceiling of the tunnel, we find out that Will Smith has a white stunt double.
Titanic One of the guys in the lifeboat is wearing a digital watch.[/i]

Silent_Wolf 10-20-2005 08:36 PM

The Mummy Returns: In the scene where Rick O'Connel is grappling with a mummy on the bus, he turns and he has a watch. A few moments later, it vanishes as he pokes the mummy in its non-existant eyes! It reappears as he grimaces and tries to fling the goo off. XD That cracks me up all the time.

stArlightx3 10-20-2005 08:46 PM

Mean Girls : when Caty returns from the party as a "ex-wife" her friends are watching a movie a scary movie. When she walks in the friends screm and there popcorn flies everywhere. when they return to the next scene the popcorn is all back in the bowl.

m_maxwell 10-21-2005 01:17 PM

Here's another one.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: When the Cornish pixies are set loose, Hermione deliberatly knocks her books off the desk.
There used to be quite a few bloopers in the Star Wars trilogy, but Lucas edited them out in the newer editions. If you can get your hands on an older copy of the movies, watch for these bloopers.
One of the Storm Troopers bangs his head into a doorway.
At times, you can see the reflection of the camera and crew in C3PO and on Darth Vader.
When Luke lands his TIE fighter, Leia runs up to him yelling "Luke!" He responds by yelling "Carrie!" (Leia was played by Carrie Fisher)
When Han gets defrosted in RotJ, he's wearing an outfit different from the one he wore when he got frozen in TESB. (Did Jabba defrost him long enough to change his clothes? :lol: )

dudettel 10-21-2005 01:31 PM

There are tons in LOTR...

In FOTR, When Frodo and sam run to look at the Wood Elves, at first, Frodo is to one side of sam, and then they film from behind, and they switch sides - only to switch back again, when filmed from the front.

This is pretty funny...When aragorn runs up to boromir as he is dying, he jumps over a bunch of orc bodies...I'm not sure if its a blooper, but one of the 'dead' orcs lifts his head up to watch the scene. :)

m_maxwell 10-21-2005 03:43 PM

This may or may not count as a blooper. In Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, after Quirrel yells "Troll in the castle!" and faints, all the kids panic and run away. Quirrel moves a bit as some of the kids pass him. Considering that the character had only been pretending to faint anyway, this might not be much of a blooper.
In one of the Batman movies (forget which one) Alfred gets knocked out by the Riddler (I think) and moves a tray out of the walkway- while he's supposed to be knocked out.
Disney bloopers!
Lots of recent Disney films have characters from other films making cameo roles. Look for:
Scar in Hercules
Mrs. Potts and Chip in Tarzan
Belle in The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Beast in Aladdin
Mickey and Donald in The Little Mermaid
Mulan: In the "Reflection" number, Mulan wipes her make-up off on her sleeves. But later, there are no stains on her dress.
The Rescuers: In one frame (you will need a DVD to catch it) during the scene where Bianca and Bernard are flying on the albatross, there's a naked woman in one of the windows in the background.
The Little Mermaid: In some scenes, Ariel has blue eyes. In others, they're green.
Oh, and the "All good kids take off your clothes." line from Aladdin is just a rumor. What he's really saying is "Good kitty, take off now."

(Weird coincidence, as soon as I logged in to the Doll Palace "Lovely Ladies" started playing on LAUNCHcast. Second time today a weird coincidence like that happened!)
Here's another blooper I noticed in Cat in the Hat. (You may need to pause it to catch it.) When the kids are signing the contract, they see a document that the Cat is embarrassed about. It says "Spayed & Neutered". That should be "Spayed Or Neutered" since an animal can only be one or the other. Females are spayed. Males are neutered. It specifies on the document that Cat is male. It also says he's 5'8'', though later he describes himself as being 6'. (Maybe Cat was rounding up.) It also says his birthday is May 25, 1963. Was this when the book was originally published, perhaps?

I remember another one I saw in It Takes Two. (A movie the Olsen twins made when they were only vaguely annoying.) When the Steve Guttenburg character is out riding his horse, he get smacked on the left side of his forehead with a tree branch. But later, he has the wound on the right side of his forehead.

RoxyChix99 10-28-2005 03:16 PM

I can't exactly remember, but for anyone who's read The DaVinci Code, the author states that in the book, Walt Disney was big on symbolism.

--In the Lion King, when Simba is in a dust storm, letters over his head spell out $ex.
--There's also something about Ariel's grotto, and how she has red hair as she is referenced to Mary Magdelene...I don't know if that is true or not.

m_maxwell 10-28-2005 04:14 PM

Most of the things about Disney aren't quite true. The dust mentioned above in The Lion King actually spells out SFX...moviespeak for "special effects".
Ariel as Mary Magdalene? That's a new one.
In Goldmember, when Austin Powers' plane lands in Tokyo, the graphic on the bottom of the screen says "Toyko International Airport." It's a double booper! Not only is it misspelled, but there is no Tokyo International Airport! There is the Haneda International Airport and Narita International Airport, but no airport with the city's name.

RoxyChix99 10-28-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_maxwell
Most of the things about Disney aren't quite true. The dust mentioned above in The Lion King actually spells out SFX...moviespeak for "special effects".
Ariel as Mary Magdalene? That's a new one.
In Goldmember, when Austin Powers' plane lands in Tokyo, the graphic on the bottom of the screen says "Toyko International Airport." It's a double booper! Not only is it misspelled, but there is no Tokyo International Airport! There is the Haneda International Airport and Narita International Airport, but no airport with the city's name.

Glad to know the thing about Simba isn't true. He's too innocent for that...poor simba :lol:.

As for further evidence on the Ariel/Mary Magdalene, I went hunting through The Davinci Code for the part, and this is what it said:

"When Langdon had first seen The Little Mermaid, he had actually gasped aloud when he noticed that the painting in Ariel's underwater home was none other than the seventeenth-century artist Georges de las Tour's THe Penitent Magdalene-a famous homage to the banished Mary Magdalene-fitting decor considering that the movie turned out to be a nintey-minute collage of blatant symbolic references tot he laost sanctity of Isis, Eve, Pieces the fish goddess, and repeatedly, Mary Magdalene. The Little Mermaid's name, Ariel posessed powerful ties tot eh sacred feminine and, in the Book of Isaiaah, was synonymous with "the Holy City besieged." Of course, the Little Mermaid's flowing red hair was certainly no coincidence either."

--Of course, this could just be the author's way of viewing it all to prove his point/theory....I just thought it was interesting.

m_maxwell 10-31-2005 04:24 PM

That person's reading to much into it. Before "Mermaid", the Ariel best known to the literati was probably a mischivous sprite featured in Shakespear's The Tempest.
Will the naughty word filter here let me use the word nipple? Cuz I wanna talk about some nipple bloopers. In one scene of The Ten Commandments, you can clearly see Nefertiri's nipples through her sheer dress. In Cats, there are a few scenes where it's plain that Victoria isn't wearing anything under her leotard. (Since she's a white cat, it's easier to see than on the other cats.) In The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Columbia's corsette comes loose in the floor show scene. ("It was great when it all began...") Funny thing is, I didn't notice this blooper until they played the movie on VH1 and they blurred the jiggly things out.
Weird how I can go from talking about Shakespear to talking about nipples, isn't it? :wink: