Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

TV Talk about TV shows, actors, and actresses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Anime - 07-30-2015, 04:50 PM

In the last few years, I've really started to enjoy anime. I have a bad habit of binge watching so I've seen quite a few by now. Here are some of my top animes (in no particular order):

Death Note: (Mystery, Psychological Thriller) Great anime - one of the last full ones I've watched, actually. I put it off because it's so popular (figured it pandered to fangirls)... but after watching it, now I know why it was so popular - because it's epic. I love crime and detective stories, so I loved it. I also love both their opening theme songs.

Fate/Zero & Fate/StayNight: (Action) Unlimited Blade Works: Both are BEAUTIFUL. The art style will leave you breathless and the action scenes are bad@ss. The story is also really good - especially Fate/Zero.

Tokyo Ghoul: (Action) This one is still active, so if you haven't seen it yet you have time to catch up before next season! =P It's a good anime. The concept is interesting, and it also has great action scenes.

Stein's Gate: (Time Travel) WARNING: This anime starts off incredibly slow. So slow, I nearly gave up episode 4 or 5. It seemed boring... But boy, did it get good! I'm glad I didn't give up.

Death Parade: (Psychological Thriller) It's not really a thriller, IMO, but that's the category it fits in for lack of a better one. It is about morality and judgement. It's interesting - though I don't know if it'll get another season.

Danganronpa: The Animation: (Thriller, Mystery, Horror) Very... different in style, since it's based off a video game. I love the concept of this anime - and I love animes that have lots of death... so... don't judge me. XD

Soul Eater: (Action, Adventure) The first anime I really watched start to finish and enjoyed. It is longer than necessary, with more than a handful of filler episodes, but it's funny and I love it. <3

The Seven Deadly Sins: (Adventure, Action, Comedy) Kinda like Soul Eater. Funny, charming, pretty good story line, but with some filler. This is an active anime though, so there's more to come.

Another: (Horror, Thriller) Just finished this one yesterday. It's short, but... like I said before, I have a soft spot for horror. Animes, TV shows, Movies, Books... It's one of my favourite genres. This anime has a few twists and turns, and I totally didn't expect the ending.

I might post the synopses for these all later... maybe. Or you can just look them up. They're all good, I promise. ^_^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-30-2015, 07:42 PM

I like Naruto. There, I said it! XD I also like Elfen Lied, Samurai Pizza Cats and the Street Fighter animes.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-30-2015, 07:51 PM

I still haven't watched Naruto. I watched it as a kid, but when it was on TV it wasn't in any order (of if it was, I periodically missed episodes) and back then I didn't know about watching things online. Did they have TV online in the early 2000s? I don't know...

Elfen Lied I watched. It was good. Pretty tragic though. The opening theme is very haunting. I didn't love in enough to put it in my top though. Not that it was bad, I just think it wasn't as good as the ones in my "Top Animes" list. Like I said, I've seen quite a few animes. lol