Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

TV Talk about TV shows, actors, and actresses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default Game of Thrones - 08-17-2013, 04:26 AM

I understood nobody has yet made a thread for the awesomeness that is GoT. This is not okay at all, because this show is amazing in the highest degree.

Thread for the equally amazing books can be found here, made by Elanorea because she got ahead of us by freaking years.

Everyone must now spill who their favourite character is and why, and which house they want to come out on top. If you haven't watched the show yet, then I'll just go ahead and link you to the first episode as it is imperative you expose yourself to the epicosity quickly, and it's definitely good burning half an hour with if you have nothing else to distract you.

Meanwhile, time to get my squee on. I'm a Daenerys Targaryen supporter. Starks, Lannisters, Greyjoys and the rest can get out- only the dragon may sit the Iron Throne!

Behold her gloriousness;

But I can't tell you why she's so epic because;

Seriously, this show is good. The plot is absolutely magnificent and there's no crappy filler at all; every second is packed to the brim with events and important stuff going down. The characters (of which there are many) are highly rounded and very well done, and they develop fantastically as times go on. Weaklings become great, cowards become brave, heroes turn to monsters and people you thought were good are revealed as the scum of the earth. There are no Disney villains; everyone has at least some small redeeming features and a valid reason to do what they do. There are also no flawless protagonists. None.

The show's also pretty special because it adheres closely to the books instead of being defiled by noob screenwriters and brutalised with adaption rape. The individual roles and actions of certain characters change, but overall the level of genius found in ASOIAF carries over and whatever is altered is actually better off that way.

People who haven't watched it for some reason seem to take the show for a thinly-veiled p0rno flic, which it definitely is not. There are sex scenes, but most of them are relevant to the plot. Except where Theon's concerned, but let's just disregard him, as those tend to be more a case fan disservice than anything else. You'll swear they're doing it just to troll the audience and make them cringe, seriously.

Oh, and just a little warning; everyone can die, and they do, with alarming frequency. George R.R. Martin seems to enjoy torturing his characters and that was definitely not lost in translation. Oh no.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 08-17-2013, 11:34 PM

I am a big fan of the show, I wasnt at first but I decided to persist with it and now it would have to be one of my favorite shows, there is always something interesting happening and never a dull moment, my favorite houses would have to be Targaryen, Daenerys Stormborn being my favorite character from the whole show, she is unbelievable.
I also like the Stark family and also the lannisters, Tyrion being my favorite.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-19-2013, 12:54 PM

I can't get behind the show or the books. I love Tyrion, Tywin, and Jamie Lannister, and Arya Stark, but that's almost the entirety of the affection I have for the characters. Well, the Khaleesi I also like, but that's a different matter.

I mostly hate how he seems hellbent on building up plots, and destroying them by killing key players. Feels like a chronicled DnD game gone wrong.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 09-25-2013, 03:02 AM

I personally love the way he slaughters everyone despite myself. It's like, "once upon a whatever there was a wicked king, a knight in shining armour and a lusty maid locked in a tower to quell her inclinations... and they all die screaming!"

Can't stop laughing. Can't understand why. It's just funny. It's like he's the god of his own world and he spends all day and night trolling the exasperated mortals.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 10-04-2013, 04:15 PM

Well, I have to admit I still haven't found time to watch the show, so in that sense you guys are still ahead of me . How far has the show gotten now anyway, the end of the third book or so?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-04-2013, 05:10 PM

Got to the end of Feast for Crows I think, so.. yes? o_o;

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm