Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

TV Talk about TV shows, actors, and actresses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Miley Cyrus: The Next Lohan? - 12-12-2010, 11:33 PM

For those of us who aren't following the news of the now 18 year old, there's been a huge scandal over the past couple of days because of a video showing her using salvia.

Miley Cyrus Bong VIDEO -- Partying with a Bong | TMZ.com

Salvia is a legal drug in most states, however it is considered a "drug of concern" because of the intense hallucinations it causes. They are generally brief, but can be very terrifying. There has been a movement for awhile to make it illegal, but so far nothing.

This controversy is just following her fun "I'm 18 now!" antics here:
Miley Cyrus' 18th Birthday Party -- An Adult Affair [VIDEO] | TMZ.com
Quick summary, she decided to wear a revealing leather piece and made out with some dude.

The question is does it seem like Miley is getting out of control or is she just pushing the boundaries a little later than most teens? She's still a role model to a lot of young girls, so its questionable how wise these antics have been.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-13-2010, 05:04 PM

The fact is, like it or not, Miley has a responsibility to set an example... and she's certainly not doing so at the moment. She's being very unwise; her actions could well set off a backlash that could destroy her career.

Some people might say, "Oh she's a teen and anyway, there are people like Amy Winehouse doing worse," but they're not getting the big picture. Amy Winehouse is not a role model. Miley IS, and therefore has a bigger onus on her to behave herself.

If she's not careful, she could well burn out before she's twenty and end up as a sad parody of herself.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-13-2010, 05:04 PM

She is pushing the limits a little? She is pushing them a lot! Oh my god, that video disgusted me. Doing drugs is a nasty habit. I never really liked Miley even when she was sweet little Hannah Montana. To answer your question, yes, I do believe she is the next Lohan.

Edit: I also agree everything Miranda said.

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]