Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

TV Talk about TV shows, actors, and actresses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Stargate, Star Trek, or Star Wars? - 03-20-2009, 07:00 PM

Which of the aforementioned TV shows/movies do you like best?
Or, if you don't like any of them, which do you dislike least?
Personally, I can't really decide between Stargate or Star Trek, it really depends on each individual series within those two franchises...

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
AmericanRag

Default 04-01-2009, 03:03 PM

I like Star Wars okay, I've only seen like 10 episodes of Star Trek and it was something I had to do for school xD, but Stargate has really gotten on my nerves. I used to watch it every now and then, but its comes on practically allllll day almost everyday, sci-fi channel hardly ever plays anything else most of the time. But it has a ton of really loyal follwers so anything to kep ratings up I guess.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Default 04-02-2009, 12:33 AM

Yeah, I can kinda understand where you're coming from about Stargate. I mean, I like the show okay, but I've seen it all probably more than once and I'm kind of tired of it. There are more reasons, but I don't really feel like getting into them right now.
But...the last two seasons of SG-1 annoy me in a different, special way that's almost unbearable because Ben Browder and Claudia Black were so much better in Farscape. So now I can't see them in anything without being all, "Oh, look, it's John Crichton/Aeryn Sun!"
Although, I am really looking forward to Stargate Universe; it's supposed to be more character driven than the other two series. Like Farscape, which makes me very happy...
Anyways, really one of the only reasons I actually like Star Trek is because of the childhood memories. Plus, it's a good thing to watch when one is sick.

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AmericanRag

Default 04-02-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliginorski View Post
But...the last two seasons of SG-1 annoy me in a different, special way that's almost unbearable because Ben Browder and Claudia Black were so much better in Farscape. So now I can't see them in anything without being all, "Oh, look, it's John Crichton/Aeryn Sun!"
Yea, totally xD.

But my mom LOVES Stargate, she wouldn't mind if it came on 24/7.
We own some of the seasons. I told her it was a waste of money since she could just turn on sci-fi and see it.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
R3DSH03x (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 04-02-2009, 01:12 AM

StarWars,Totally. xD I own all of the movies(episodes). I like StarTrek a bit, but I rarely watch it.And I have never hurd of the other one. o_o;
Call me stupid.

I'm Honey Sempai, but in gal formation.x3
Avi: Me
Siggy Pic: Photobucket
Go Hon Solo Go! >:O
(#6 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Default 04-02-2009, 01:56 AM

I don't know why, but I just have something against Star Wars. I haven't even seen any of the ones from the 70's/80's, it just looks to me that the only good part of those movies would Hans Solo.
And whenever I get enough money to buy Stargate, I'll probably just buy the complete series package. It's cheaper than just buying each season individually.
Also, I'm curious, what other sci fi shows do you like?

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
AmericanRag

Default 04-02-2009, 01:59 AM

I told my mom that but she only buys the season's she likes so ....
like she hates the one where they spend like a month worth of episodes on that one really small planet thing.

I love Ghost hunters, and scariest places on earth.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
R3DSH03x (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 04-02-2009, 02:10 AM

I really like the last episode, and the one before of StarWars. o_o; A lot of killing and fighting and such, it's all dramatic. xD
And I don't really watch anything other than Charmedtm.Or The Haunting or something. xD Whatever comes on is alright with me, unless it's boring...

I'm Honey Sempai, but in gal formation.x3
Avi: Me
Siggy Pic: Photobucket
Go Hon Solo Go! >:O
(#9 (permalink))
Old
AmericanRag

Default 04-02-2009, 02:13 AM

OHH and I LOVE Kingdom Hospital and Dead like me.

unfortunately those shows only come on every now and then.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Default 04-03-2009, 12:54 AM

Hm...'t is interesting...I was just reminded of the fact that I hadn't seen Charmed at all for years...
And I've never really watched Kingdom Hospital or Dead Like Me. I tend to stick to the sci fi shows that are set somewhere in space and/or on other planets and/or futuristic/alternate-reality type thing. Shows like Firefly, Farscape, Dr. Who, BSG, Dollhouse, etc. The only problem with this is that not many people my age watch that sort of thing and I don't know any of the people who do.
I hate having to explain a lot of the stuff I say because they don't get it...

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)