Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   TV (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tv/)
-   -   Stargate, Star Trek, or Star Wars? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tv/20967-stargate-star-trek-star-wars.html)

eliginorski 03-20-2009 07:00 PM

Stargate, Star Trek, or Star Wars?

Which of the aforementioned TV shows/movies do you like best?
Or, if you don't like any of them, which do you dislike least?
Personally, I can't really decide between Stargate or Star Trek, it really depends on each individual series within those two franchises...

AmericanRag 04-01-2009 03:03 PM

I like Star Wars okay, I've only seen like 10 episodes of Star Trek and it was something I had to do for school xD, but Stargate has really gotten on my nerves. I used to watch it every now and then, but its comes on practically allllll day almost everyday, sci-fi channel hardly ever plays anything else most of the time. But it has a ton of really loyal follwers so anything to kep ratings up I guess.

eliginorski 04-02-2009 12:33 AM

Yeah, I can kinda understand where you're coming from about Stargate. I mean, I like the show okay, but I've seen it all probably more than once and I'm kind of tired of it. There are more reasons, but I don't really feel like getting into them right now.
But...the last two seasons of SG-1 annoy me in a different, special way that's almost unbearable because Ben Browder and Claudia Black were so much better in Farscape. So now I can't see them in anything without being all, "Oh, look, it's John Crichton/Aeryn Sun!"
Although, I am really looking forward to Stargate Universe; it's supposed to be more character driven than the other two series. Like Farscape, which makes me very happy...
Anyways, really one of the only reasons I actually like Star Trek is because of the childhood memories. Plus, it's a good thing to watch when one is sick.

AmericanRag 04-02-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliginorski (Post 818452)
But...the last two seasons of SG-1 annoy me in a different, special way that's almost unbearable because Ben Browder and Claudia Black were so much better in Farscape. So now I can't see them in anything without being all, "Oh, look, it's John Crichton/Aeryn Sun!"

Yea, totally xD.

But my mom LOVES Stargate, she wouldn't mind if it came on 24/7.
We own some of the seasons. I told her it was a waste of money since she could just turn on sci-fi and see it.

R3DSH03x 04-02-2009 01:12 AM

StarWars,Totally. xD I own all of the movies(episodes). I like StarTrek a bit, but I rarely watch it.And I have never hurd of the other one. o_o;
Call me stupid.:mrgreen: :lol:

eliginorski 04-02-2009 01:56 AM

I don't know why, but I just have something against Star Wars. I haven't even seen any of the ones from the 70's/80's, it just looks to me that the only good part of those movies would Hans Solo.
And whenever I get enough money to buy Stargate, I'll probably just buy the complete series package. It's cheaper than just buying each season individually.
Also, I'm curious, what other sci fi shows do you like?

AmericanRag 04-02-2009 01:59 AM

I told my mom that but she only buys the season's she likes so ....
like she hates the one where they spend like a month worth of episodes on that one really small planet thing.

I love Ghost hunters, and scariest places on earth.

R3DSH03x 04-02-2009 02:10 AM

I really like the last episode, and the one before of StarWars. o_o; A lot of killing and fighting and such, it's all dramatic. xD
And I don't really watch anything other than Charmedtm.Or The Haunting or something. xD Whatever comes on is alright with me, unless it's boring...:)

AmericanRag 04-02-2009 02:13 AM

OHH and I LOVE Kingdom Hospital and Dead like me.

unfortunately those shows only come on every now and then.

eliginorski 04-03-2009 12:54 AM

Hm...'t is interesting...I was just reminded of the fact that I hadn't seen Charmed at all for years...
And I've never really watched Kingdom Hospital or Dead Like Me. I tend to stick to the sci fi shows that are set somewhere in space and/or on other planets and/or futuristic/alternate-reality type thing. Shows like Firefly, Farscape, Dr. Who, BSG, Dollhouse, etc. The only problem with this is that not many people my age watch that sort of thing and I don't know any of the people who do.
I hate having to explain a lot of the stuff I say because they don't get it...