Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   TV (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tv/)
-   -   Doctor Who Fans? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tv/13783-doctor-who-fans.html)

Doctorwho_gal 05-11-2007 02:14 PM

Doctor Who Fans?

Hiya.
I am a massive Doctor Who and David Tennant fan and was wondering if anyone else was......

Please reply ;)

CJ_AG_W89 06-04-2007 09:35 PM

O.o I love Doctor Who - not as much as Torchwood though. I have a Dr Who alarm (a.k.a my younger brothers) they run into my room on a saturday evening to tell me it's starting - even if I've got BBC1 on they have to do it.

Doctorwho_gal 06-06-2007 09:31 AM

Lol. like Torchwood too.Can't wait till Jacks back in Doctor Who :grin:

CJ_AG_W89 06-06-2007 10:10 AM

Same here. Gets my brothers all excited if I mention it, I shouldn't do that three of us should be revising.

Doctorwho_gal 06-09-2007 05:09 PM

Wow....this series has gone by sooo fast...can't belive Jacks back next week...

CJ_AG_W89 06-11-2007 06:35 PM

Doctor Who is the longest running science fiction television series in the world. Originally it ran from 1963 to 89, had a tv film in 96 and relaunched in 2005.

The doctor, described as a curious, eccentric alien traveller, shares his adventures in space and time with a up t 3 companions, and has done since 1963. More than 35 actos have played his companion, and his current companion is called Martha Jones played by Freema Agyeman.

There have been 10 official doctors in the series (nine regenerations - what the time lord does instead of die, allowing for the series to continue for so long) though more actors have played the doctor - mostly just once. A time lord is a humanoid alien that has the ability to live forever - they regenerate when their bodies become too old or mortally wounded. They are thought to be one of the oldest races in the Doctor Who universe, they are aloof, pompus and full of ceremony.They are a higly intelligent and techologically advanced race.

The blue box or time machine, is called a TARDIS, an acronym or Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space. A product of Time Lord technology, a properly maintained and piloted TARDIS can transport its occupants to any point in Time and Space. The interior of a TARDIS is much larger than its exterior "dimensionally transcendental". It is meant to have a chameleon exterior, but the Doctor's Tardis is a stolen, unreliable shape which has a stuck chameleon circuit and is contastly in the shape of a 1950's London police call box.

TARDISes are grown not made and among other things draw their engergy from a black hole. A TARDIS has the ability to travel in space and time (and, on occasion, to other dimensions). The tardis has a vast number of interior rooms, including a bathroom with a swimming pool, medical bay, art gallery, wardrobe, attic and a completely sheilded chamber - the Zero room.

The TARDIS also grants its passengers the ability to understand and speak other languages, it is often said to be "alive" and seems to have a mind of it's own. It is intelligent and shares a bond with those who travel in it. The doctor is an integral part of how the TARDIS works and communicates with others.

So now I've showed off my geekiness. And btw Wikipedia, even better at this than me.

Umm did you like the episode Blink? And I totally agree it's going too fast, but Jack's back. The next episode looks really good, I hope it's as good as it seems in the previews That'll keep me happy until 2008 then Torchwood is back (woo more Tosh).

Sarah_K_O_M 06-12-2007 04:36 PM

I want to watch it so bad... But I can't ever get to it in time. I'll have to fidn it on Youtube.

Doctorwho_gal 06-13-2007 06:25 AM

Lol.It is well worth watching.Especially Doomsday.The last episode of the 2nd series.Amazing acting.Makes me soo depressed.Heartbreaking:cry:
Blink was so good.Loved "Goes ding when theres stuff."
Hehehe

CJ_AG_W89 06-14-2007 10:22 AM

Yep so worth watching. Not all doom and gloom either it's funny at times.

I actually felt sorry for the chickens that he mentioned, poor things. But his "Timey Wimey Machine" looked good. I think the next thing we'll be seeing is t - shirts with "The Angels have my phonebox" on it. Or something about sad being happy for deep people.

What have been your favourite episodes?

Mine have been - Dalek, Father's Day, Fear Her, runaway bride, the shakespeare code, Dalek's In Manhattan, family of blood, and the last of the time lords looks to be amazing.

Doctorwho_gal 06-14-2007 02:53 PM

My fave episodes are....Impossible Planet/Satan's Pit...Father's Day..Boom Town..Empty Child/The Doctor Dances...Tooth and Claw...New Earth...Gridlocked...Blink..Human Nature/The Family of Blood (Sooo good)...and I suppose Doomsday but I was dissapointed by the storylline involving the Daleks.Although the acting made up for it.And I think the way Rose left was v clever.