Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Tutorials (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tutorials/)
-   -   Using Glitterbase To Glitter A Doll (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tutorials/22084-using-glitterbase-glitter-doll.html)

Miranda_ 02-11-2010 10:25 AM

Using Glitterbase To Glitter A Doll

This tutorial will explain how to use Glitterbase and Lunapic in order to create a perfectly glittered, cropped doll. :)

Below, is the finished doll in all its glittery glory. XD Any questions, just ask them in the thread. ^^

belladoggy 02-12-2010 12:03 AM

What program did you use to add the unused color to your doll?

Miranda_ 02-12-2010 03:21 PM

Good ol' MS Paint. :lol: If you don't have it for some reason, you can upload it here: Download Microsoft Paint / Recover Missing Copy Tho, you should be able to do that on every paint programme. Just click the pencil tool, zoom in and add in the colour on the doll.

belladoggy 02-18-2010 11:49 PM

Ah, thanks. Pixlr for the win (thank you, Elanorea)!

The trouble I'm having is with backgrounds. I know you aren't premi, so how do you manage to get the backgrounds on without messing up the color? Or should I put the background on first and then change the color....

Miranda_ 02-19-2010 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The best way is to have two Paint windows open, and make the doll in one and put the background you're going to use in the other. Then, copy the doll and make sure that the second box is selected; take a look at the attachment to see what I mean.

Then paste the doll on the background. You will have to redo any white bits, but that won't take long. ^^

LancasterPrincess 07-14-2010 05:43 PM

Where do you upload your own glitter tiles? And how big/small should they be? Or is it the other glitter site I'm thinking about? And if so what's it called?

Miranda_ 07-14-2010 06:14 PM

I believe that in order to be able to upload your own glitter tiles, you need to register. Right above the home link, is a login/register link.

eros 01-31-2011 11:08 PM

ok i'm having some problems.First, I can't crop it b/c the page keeps trying to scroll up, plus the button refreshes the page.Second, if I try to save it, it still doesn't sparkle.

belladoggy 02-01-2011 09:53 AM

eros, I've found that if you have a tiny part that you click to make transparent after glittering what you want glittered,, and you save it to your h-drive or whatever without clicking save (right click before hitting save), that small portion won't be glittered, but the rest will. That should save you cropping issues, too.

eros 05-31-2011 11:45 AM

I've always used glitter base to glitter my dolls, but I am having trouble now making sure it glitters in contests. It used to glitter for me all the time,but now when I save a glittered doll to a folder and then submit it to a contest it doesn't. So you know what's going on?