Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Tutorials (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tutorials/)
-   -   How Do You Put A Background on a doll?? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/tutorials/22049-how-do-you-put-background-doll.html)

KiraIMustBeInvisible 01-25-2010 08:13 PM

How Do You Put A Background on a doll??

Please help!! I've seen people do it, but that's always been in speedpaints. I really want to know how because I want to enter the Dollmaker contests, because I can make great dolls, I just don't how to put a background on :( Please excuse my MS Paint stupidity >.< I've been using it for over a year, and I still don't know all its tricks D:

Elanorea 01-26-2010 12:33 AM

I... don't really get what you mean. If you have a ready-made background, like from a dollmaker, than all you do is paste your doll on top of it. A lot of people use stock photos as backgrounds for dollmaker contest entries.

Or do you want to know how to draw your own backgrounds? In that case, it's largely a matter of practice and experimentation; not many dollers use backgrounds, so there aren't many tutorials on how to make them. I'd advise starting out simple, with abstract shapes, and move on to more detailed ones.

Miranda_ 01-26-2010 11:17 AM

You don't need a fancy programme to do it; just MS Paint. Open up two MS Paints; then go looking in google for a photo that suits your needs. Paste it into one Paint, and trim it as you want. Then open up your doll in your second Paint. In both Paints, click the second box underneath the main menu, the one with the transparent boxes. That will make sure that your doll transfers. Then copy the doll and paste on to the background. If there's any white bits, you'll have to fill them in again.

KiraIMustBeInvisible 01-26-2010 06:24 PM

Ok, thank you :)

EDIT:

It worked for a little while, but I decided I wanted a different background, and then it wouldn't work again. I tried opening the doll up again and again but it still wouldn't work!!

red_hawt_diva1028 07-23-2011 02:48 PM

There are different ways to...

Well 2 be excact there r a few ways 2 do it. In some of the makers or packages you can buy in the dollpoints shop there are backrounds. Otherwise, Im not exactly sure but I think you can use a software or picture and layer it with the doll you made on Adobe Photoshop and then just link it to TDP

Hope I helped...

Yahsi iz here 2 help.
Muuhh cookie is wut Im here for.

Elanorea 07-23-2011 03:12 PM

Please check the post dates before replying to a thread; if you had, you would notice that this thread is well over a year old.
And looking at Kira's more recent posts, you might also notice that she has posted several dolls with backgrounds, therefore it would be logical to surmise that she has figured out how to put backgrounds on dolls and that further instructions on this topic are not necessary at this point.

Locking.