Using TDP Dollmakers - 02-03-2009, 01:30 PM
This is a simple explanation regarding how to use the dollmakers on the site. There are several types on the site, so I will try to explain them all to the best of my ability. Keep in mind, these steps are only necessary if you do not click on the direct link from the front page to your desired maker. These steps do not describe how to use premium features.
Regular Dollmakers(Does not apply to Candybar, Large, or Easy makers)
1. Select "Doll Maker Dress Up Games: Cartoon Dollmaker".
2. You will find several tabs here(General, Dollz, and Thematic) along with subcategories for the type of doll you want to make. Select the appropriate tab and subcategory.
3.Select the props you want to use, keeping in mind that clothes for that section usually only matches the base provided for that maker. You may select props across different tabs to use as well(this usually is used for things like backgrounds and decorations, not clothes). IT IS ALWAYS SUGGESTED TO USE THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF PROPS POSSIBLE BECAUSE LARGE AMOUNTS HAVE TROUBLE LOADING ALL OF THE IMAGES.
4. Once you have chosen your props, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You may notice some choices here that you can make regarding showing your doll in the "Currently on Dollmaker" section, safe mode, and build mode. It is up to you what you choose to do, but I don't recommend changing these things(besides showing your doll) until you are better acquainted with the makers.
5. Look further down, then select "Start Doll Maker".
6. Allow your props to load, then you can begin to make your doll. If you are under "Click & Drag" mode, you can just click on the prop and it'll appear in the build box for you to move around. If you are using "Drag & Drop", you will have to drag the prop up to the build box for usage. Props can be deleted from the build area by clicking on them then on the recycling bin. You also can add text, change colours of the background or border, and adjust the build box size. These are all features that do not necessarily need to be used.
7. Once you have assembled your doll, click on "Save". A screen will pop up with your completed doll and you will be given several options regarding using the doll on the site, to save, or to print it. Select the appropriate choice and enjoy!
Easy, Large, and Candybar Makers
1. Select the dollmaker you wish to use.
2. In the easy/large makers, I suggest that you click "remove all" before continuing because your props will layer over themselves. These is no option for this in candybar, but as you select items the old ones will be replaced.
3. On the left hand side of the screen, you will see several categories. These are how the props are classified. Click whichever one you want to use.
4. You will see several props appear in the middle of the screen in boxes. Click whichever one you want, keeping in mind that there are pages of props for some makers(like candybar) and in others you need to scroll down to see them all.
5. Select whatever props you want to use, keeping in mind that props layer in the easy makers and that they replace themselves in the candybar.
6. Once your doll is assembled, click "Save" or "Build" beneath your doll on the right hand side of the screen. A screen will pop up showing the doll and giving you several options for using the doll on the site, to save it, or to print it. Select your choice and enjoy!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Calling all Dollers-Handdrawn and Dollmakers!||Silver_Wolf_Kitty||The Doll Palace Life||2||05-10-2009 12:55 PM|
|Using TDP Dollmakers||Silver_Wolf_Kitty||Doll Maker||0||02-03-2009 01:30 PM|
|Dollmaker links||Elanorea||Doll Maker Games||0||11-15-2008 06:20 AM|