Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Teachers Corner (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/teachers-corner/)
-   -   Who do you write like? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/teachers-corner/22960-who-do-you-write-like.html)

Miranda_ 06-07-2011 09:05 AM

Who do you write like?

I Write Like

Best thing to do is to put in something you wrote; part of a story, a poem or whatever. I put in the intro to an RP I wrote.

Apparently, I write like Dan Brown, whoever that is. :lol:

spirit_queen 06-07-2011 01:02 PM

First sample text: Angel's intro in CoA...
Results: Vladimir Nabokov

Second sample: Wendy's intro in TwT
Results: Stephen King (WTF? XD Wendy's intro is like Stephen King's writing? LOL!)

Third sample: Pyotr's Dragon Challenge form TwT
Results: Leo Tolstoy

Fourth Sample: personal story about a boy who can see angels and ghosts
Results: Dan Brown

Dan Brown is best know for the Da Vinci Code, and writes thrillers, supposedly ones with lots of codes and things for the characters to cr.ack... For anyone who doesn't know him, Stephen King specializes in horror... Leo Tolstoy was a Russian dude who wrote realistic fiction dealing largely with personal morals of the character... Wiki refuses to give me a quick summary of Nabokov's style... darn you, Wiki! I might edit later.

Catlover642 06-07-2011 01:10 PM

Cory Doctrow? Who's that? :lol:

Cheshire1996 06-08-2011 04:52 PM

Personal story...I ended up with William Shakespeare. I shall go post that story now...

Elanorea 06-08-2011 05:18 PM

I've tried that a few times and the results seem pretty random. I think I got Ursula K LeGuin once.

spirit_queen 06-08-2011 07:08 PM

Random or not, it's fun to do. XD

Cheshire1996 06-09-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elanorea (Post 941806)
I've tried that a few times and the results seem pretty random. I think I got Ursula K LeGuin once.

She's an amazing writer :-D

belladoggy 06-16-2011 12:35 AM

I haven't written creative fiction in years...creative nonfiction is another story. To my files to raid essays I wrote for English class!

#1. Define "Stalking"
Result: H. P. Lovecraft

#2. How to be a Pessimist
Result: P. G. Wodehouse

#3. Primed!
Result: Chuck Palahniuk

#4. Harmless Words?
Result: Chuck Palahniuk

#5. Detention is Good(times three)
Result: David Foster Wallace

#6. The Underground World of the Speechie
Result: David Foster Wallace

#7. Torture to Testing: The Brainwashing Spectrum (this was a 10 page research paper I wrote junior year)
Result: Ursula K. Le Guin

#8. Of Ugly Ducks and Prophecies (Literary research paper about Kafka's Metamorphosis; quoted lots of Nabokov)
Result: James Joyce

#9. Admissions essay for Northwestern (I was told it was good; I still got wait-listed :???: )
Result: Ursula K. Le Guin

#10. (Angry E-mail I didn't send)(most recent piece of "writing")
Result: Cory Doctorow

I have waaaaay more but I'm not posting them all...plus a lot are "reactions" to various movies and novels. My last English class was AP Lit, so we did a lot of analysis. I have numerous reflections on Crime and Punishment and Jude the Obscure. Not really original thought, just tangental spew I think. But hey, I got credit and that what counts!

I suppose I should go look up Ursula K. Le Guin, David Foster Wallace, and Chuck Palahniuk since I seem to write like them the most/consistently.

spirit_queen 06-16-2011 07:27 AM

Ursula K. Le Guin does a lot of fiction writing, specifically fantasy. I've only read one series of hers, so I couldn't give you much of an overview of her style, but she seems to be a bit of a dark writer...

Miranda_ 06-20-2011 07:32 AM

She wrote the Earthsea series; it's good, I've read it. It's very dark in parts, especially the first book.