Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Snacks (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/snacks/)
-   -   Little Kids (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/snacks/13172-little-kids.html)

Haley_Noelle 03-27-2007 09:55 PM

Little Kids

Does anyone know quick helathy snacks for little kids that are easy to make? I am trying to make my little brother eat more healthy snacks but he eats potato chips and candy. Thanks.

MsCynMind 03-27-2007 11:02 PM

Well, I'm a mom...what is little brother's age. I can suggest some age appropriate snacks that you both can have fun making together. :wink:

Haley_Noelle 03-27-2007 11:44 PM

My little brother is 7

MsCynMind 03-28-2007 12:25 AM

Here is a cool site: www.boxtops4education.com (I especially love making Chicken in the sleeping bag and Silly Snake Dogs with my boys)

One that is extremely easy to make is Ants on the Log. It requires celery, peanut butter and raisins. Fill the celery with peanut butter and place raisins on top.

Build your own tiny pizzas using a bagel, shredded cheese, tomato sauce and anything else you want to put on top. You can microwave this till the cheese melts. Careful, the tomato sauce will get really hot!

Even make the classic JELLO! :)

Does he have any food favs and dislikes?

bunnypixie 03-28-2007 02:32 AM

silly snacks

I'm looking for my book called silly snacks I'll post some of the ideas here later and maybe that will help any one who's got a little one l who looks up to them.
Haley_Noelle, you mom trust you and you've shown great love for your little brother eatting well now mean he learn how to not be fat but fit for the future.I am Proud of you.

Pink Panther 500 yes this is the place to ask these and other questions. you may find someday soon you have a question too!

MyCyn,Wonderful sujestions Thank you for your help!

angel_deceiver 03-30-2007 11:11 PM

something REALLY simple that kids love is called ants on a log, its healthy and they like it.
you get celary and put peanut butter on it and put some rasins on it.

yumifan44 04-08-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haley_Noelle (Post 432828)
Does anyone know quick helathy snacks for little kids that are easy to make? I am trying to make my little brother eat more healthy snacks but he eats potato chips and candy. Thanks.

Give him a list of healthy things in the house you can give him....and if he asks for something unhealthy than say no if he refuses to eat healthy snacks tell him no snack then.....hopefully hell learn your being serious!!!!!!!;)

AnnieAnonymous 04-08-2007 09:01 PM

Green apples and peanut butter has aways been one of my favorites. ^_^

angel_deceiver 04-09-2007 12:34 PM

oooh yeh apples and peanut butter.
besically peanut butter and jelly is a good choice too

bunnypixie 04-09-2007 02:00 PM

veggie tray or fruit tray

Make a small fruit or veggie tray cut the items into small pieces for easy eating and that make it more fun also use a salad dressing for the dip with the veggies and maybe a yogurt dip for the fruit plain or vanilla.