Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Site Problems Post any problems you encountered on the site. Please do not provide any of your personal information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yrowndisasterx (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Exclamation Problem submitting entries into Contests: "Could not create/validate path" - 01-09-2011, 01:12 AM

I haven't visited TDP in a long while, and I decided to check out the contests as I've always been a fan of entering in them. Every time I submit a doll by clicking "Browse" and selecting it, it never goes through. I always get the error message saying, "Could not create/validate path." I'm not even sure what that means..
The images I try to submit meet the requirements regarding size and file type, so I know that's not the problem.

I've also contacted TDP about it since it started (two weeks ago) and I haven't gotten a reply.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-09-2011, 10:06 AM

This bug seems to appear every year; we had the same problem last year, tho it was eventually fixed. :/ I don't know what to suggest, really; tho as a temporary solution, you could start contests in the Doll Creation forum if you like.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-09-2011, 11:36 PM

I'd suggest the basics: clear your cache and do a TDP contest dance. Unfortunately, the error sounds like an issue with the website taking your image, which means we have to wait for it to work out on its own.

Av & Sig Credit: Me