Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Site Problems Post any problems you encountered on the site. Please do not provide any of your personal information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
RainbowMoondust

Unhappy Why is there only one page of contests? - 06-06-2010, 07:46 PM

When I first joined there were always 4 pages of contests to look through. Now I am unable to access the other ones. And because of such limited contests availiable, it's hard to find ones to enter that arent "round #" I cannot enter.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM

This is not a site problem. People aren't posting contests any more with as much regularity as before and there isn't anything we can do about that. Either try and join the ones already there, or join the forum contests. Just check that you can actually join first, tho, as there are end dates.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RainbowMoondust

Default 06-06-2010, 07:55 PM

What are forum contests? And why havent people been contesting?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-06-2010, 08:14 PM

There's a Dollmakers Contest in "Doll Creation" and a handdrawn contest in "Handrawns". Go and look for them.

As for the second, I haven't a clue, but it's probably got something to do with the fact that the site is expiring this year, and a lot of people are cancelling their premi. If you have any more questions about that, just read the following thread and ask them there.

http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/d...ue-forums.html

(#5 (permalink))
Old
RainbowMoondust

Default 06-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Thank you very much.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 06-07-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMoondust View Post
And why havent people been contesting?
Actually, the Contest Section used to be absolutely BOOMING with activity (with a whopping 13 pages of contests to choose from!). But that all ceased to exist last summer when the site had messed up. Since the site was almost inusable for so long (about 2-3 months) a lot of Premi members quit paying their subscriptions (understandably so since they weren't getting their money's worth, but sad all the same) and with less Premium members=less contests.

Add to that (and I'm sorry to say this) but I think my Club going into hiding didn't help either. See, there used to be a Serial One voter the last few summers (in the midst of all the site problems) who would do just as his/her title describes, she'd/he'd voted 1's on every single doll, ESPECIALLY the Premium dolls. Since quite a few of the regular Contest Section contestors are part of my Club we all retreated into our private Club Forum so that we can host and take part in Contests of our own with a fair voting system all around. During that time the Contest section lost about 6-7 Premium members that held upwards 3-5 contests regurally. That's anywhere from 18-35 missing contests. Once we left with our contests the Contest section became as interesting and as fun as watching water boil. So a lot of people stopped coming back. My members and I are now coming back to the Contest Section (a little wary of cheaters, but hopeful that the Serial One voter has finally grown bored and left for good) and we are trying to get it back to what it used to be.

Hopefully this summer will bring new Contestors (yourself included! I will enjoy seeing your dolling techniques grow!) and I will definately do my part in trying to get as many contests as I can manage going.

Oh and just keep trying! You'll soon learn what kind of dolls will make it to second rounds! Try adding backgrounds/props/text! Miranda has a wonderful tutorial on how to glitter without Premiumship or programs, so you should definately check that out.

And as Miranda has mentioned, this Forum has a Dollmaker contest thread that you are more than welcome to participate in! Right now Aussiemum777 is hosting a very fun Animalistic theme!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 06-07-2010 at 01:42 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-07-2010, 07:47 AM

For proof on how my tutorial works, just check out my sig and av. Glittered perfectly and no watermark! ^^

You should also sign up to Dollsters; there's a contest section there. Tho it's not very active at the moment, later on in the year when we all move there, there will be more activity.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-11-2010, 06:20 PM

The lack of contests is limiting my time on TDP. I used to always check in, learn new things from CC and it gave me my inspiration (a very un-artisty statement) but now that's all gone. For example, I joined the handdrawn contest last month, and it was supposed to end two weeks later. i was the only person to enter the contest and no posts about it ending yet... so whatever. I wish that the site wasn't closing and that there was more site activity.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-26-2010, 09:19 PM

Check out the contest section now; there are far more contests now than there were when this topic was posted! We are hopefully going to see a lot more activity there from now on.