Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Site Problems Post any problems you encountered on the site. Please do not provide any of your personal information.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kittypurr (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default Can't edit props in doll maker. - 10-24-2009, 11:58 PM

I am trying to make a doll in the dollmaker, but when I try to edit my props, the drop down list says that I ned the latest version of Internet Explorer. And I do have it. The only things I can do are bring an item to the front, or senf it to the back. And since I have something very specific in mind, I really need to have the controls back.

Corset Lover
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-25-2009, 01:03 AM

I don't exactly know what you mean by "edit props" while using the dollmaker. As far as I know you can't edit anything without exiting the dollmaker. If you're talking about flipping/rotating items then I think I know what's going on:

IE8 doesn't act too friendly with TDP. Have you JUST updated and all of a sudden it doesn't work? (OR is this your first time using TDP since you've updated).

There's a way around it so you don't have to downgrade back to IE7, but I need to ask around first. I'll post back when I have a real answer for you, but for right now I'm thinking it's because you have the latest version of IE. The site may tell you that you need the most up-to-date version, but this site hasn't been updated in a long time, so it doesn't realize that the newest version doesn't like it .

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-25-2009, 07:19 AM

Do you have Compatibility View on your computer? My mum has IE8 on her computer so whenever I end up staying round the house to catsit, I have to access TDP on IE8. First time I did this, I found that Quick Reply didn't work; however, there was a Compatibility View button next to the Refresh button; I clicked it, and everything worked as normal. Just a suggestion.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-25-2009, 11:57 AM

Yes, that's it! I knew it had something to do with 'compatibility' but I didn't know how to change that setting, lol. That should fix it for you!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-25-2009, 12:01 PM

I never even knew about that button til I had to catsit. So, indirectly, it's thanks to cats that I know about it. Glad to help. ^^

Closed Thread