Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Site Problems Post any problems you encountered on the site. Please do not provide any of your personal information.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
funnkygrl4 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default Candybar Dollmaker Virus? - 08-13-2009, 09:09 AM

Hola all.
Today when I've tried to "build" dolls from the Candybar Dollmaker, Avast pops up and tells me it's Malware and it has to disconnect it before the virus spreads or something like that.
I've tried it 3-4 times today, and it's the same thing each time.
Can anybody confirm/disprove this for me?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 08-13-2009, 01:54 PM

Ive been getting tht too,from the whole site.
My dad finally told me,theres malaware
on this site.
So idk .
He says malaware is bad for ur puter.

Yoh
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-13-2009, 10:55 PM

There isn't malware on the site, I'm not getting it and I browse the site everyday.

Malware only shows up on the site when people post things from outside it(like videos, pictures, etc), from ads, or when you previously had it on your computer. My suggestion is scan your computer completely. I'd suggest the Windows LiveCare Scanner, it picks up better on malware than regular virus scanners. Next time too, be careful of the links you are clicking on. People on here have posted virus ridden stuff(I got one from someone posting something on their TDP profile), so be aware of that when you look at profiles and websites.

Edit: Also, if you had another window open(or IM), you may have gotten it from that or ads running on them.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Horselover_101 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-14-2009, 08:52 AM

i agree totally with Silver_Wolf_Kitty i have nvr gotten that to show up ... although my dad works with MITEL and is always using a virus scanner to make sure we haven't gotten any - i think i may have picked up one or two from downloading music but my computer has nvr told me that TDP has a malware on it

Horselover_101 - Merry Christmas every1

Closed Thread