Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Site Problems Post any problems you encountered on the site. Please do not provide any of your personal information.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Thumbs down Saving In .GIF Problems!!! - 07-27-2008, 12:09 PM

When I save a glitter doll to my computer it ALWAYS saves it as .gif without me telling it to...well lately it's only saving it as .bmp which doesn't glitter! I thought it might just be my computer, but then I asked a friend and it was happening to her too. Is there anyone else that can't save an animated image as .gif to their computer?

Also, if you know how to fix it please help!

(And yes, I tried changing the format manually, but it's only giving me the option to save it as .bmp, I've also tried just typing .gif after the image, but nothing will recognize it)

Also: if you CAN save it in .gif when you open it on your computer, does it still animate?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 07-27-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 07-27-2008, 12:21 PM

try uploading your glitter to this site and then changing the format which is in the right colum . I hope this helps.
http://www.iaza.com/
I just tried the glitter thing and it works for me completely.You are talking about the doll palace glitter option correct?

Last edited by delly1 : 07-27-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-27-2008, 12:28 PM

It's not that I need the image in .gif, it's that I need the animation. If I were to upload the image to a hosting site it still won't glitter because the image I'm uploading didn't glitter to begin with because either TDP or my computer wouldn't save it in a animation-able format.

What I would like to know is if any other Premi's are having this issue as well, because if they're not then I can go about trying to see what's up with my computer, but like I said earlier, someone else is having troubles with the animations from TDP as well, so I don't think it's my computer.

Thanks for trying though!

If you're premi, can you please check to see if you can save animations? And if it lets you save as .gif, can you open it on your computer and let me know if it's animating offline?

Much Appreciated! (Please Help! lol)

It's working again, must have been a glitch or something.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And now it's not working again...what the heck?! Oh and it IS on TDP...

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 07-27-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: It started acting up again...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Everything's working fine for me. No issues with animation, all dolls saving as .gif. And the gif files are still animated when I view them through My Computer.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-28-2008, 07:13 AM

I had that problem once; have you tried cleaning out your temporary internet files and/or cookies?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Thumbs up 07-28-2008, 12:20 PM

I'll try that the next time it happens and report back with tthe results, thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

IT WORKS!
Thanks Miranda!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 07-28-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: IT WORKS!!!
Closed Thread