Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   School (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/school/)
-   -   Friends From Years Passed (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/school/22805-friends-years-passed.html)

LancasterPrincess 02-04-2011 05:34 PM

Friends From Years Passed

Anyone else vividly remember friends from years ago like it was only just yesterday that you last saw them?

Technology today has a lot of us spoiled, myself included, and it never fails to truly make me sad that classmates from years ago haven't discovered these awesome websites. Things like Facebook and MySpace are obviously a given, but there are also sites like classmates.com which is more, you guessed it, class-mates oriented.

Over the past 5 years I have countlessly searched websites and Googled friends from years ago, but still, about 90% of them are completely MIA from the internet.

So on to my point of this thread. Do you have troubles finding some of your old friends? Have you just found someone that you've been looking for forever? Or have you yourself just been discovered by someone who has been searching for you?

Or.

Who are you trying to look for? (Please, no full names!) Why are you trying to look for them? What special memories keep bringing you back to remembering this person?

...or is it just me? :lol: I've been looking for a handful of classmates that I grew up with for several several years in Elementary school. We went to school together for so long that my abrupt and unexpected move out of the city left me with no time at all for goodbyes or exchanging names/numbers for future reference. I think and dream about my classmates often, just as they were all those years ago. Many of them I have regrets for. Like, we weren't friends, and now I wished I had payed them more attention, or in the case of the boys, wish I hadn't been so nervous of cooties, lol.

So who's been on your mind, or who's mind have you been on? Let's revel in the memories from years passed.

naruto_fan 02-05-2011 01:30 AM

I remeber alot of my friends when I was younger. And two are in my school's rival school! lol I have found alot of my old friends on Myspace acuatlly. But the friend I really wish to see again is my friend Shelly! I found her on Myspace but she still needs to add me. >.> We were best of friends, we always played on the playground alot together. I hope to meet her again.

LancasterPrincess 02-07-2011 03:08 PM

For the longest time I was searching for my grade school best friend Natasha. Such a common name, it was really hard to locate her. I can't tell you how many Natasha's I'd contacted asking if they were my friend from years ago. Lol, such an awkward email...

Then I decided to wait a bit to try again. And one day, out of the blue I get a friend request from THE Natasha I was looking for. It was great! But we'd grown apart a lot since grade school and have almost nothing in common any more, so that stinks. But it was nice that she and I found each other again. :)

Now I'm on the lookout for more students from grade school. Even the ones I wasn't friends with, because I'm just so curious to see where life has taken them. I've gotten in touch with quite a few. And more often than not they're mommies and daddies now. A step in life I haven't yet reached. It's so cute to see their children and hear how happy and proud they are. To see if our predictions and wants played out how we'd thought, and if not, how well things are anyway.

People don't have a hard time finding me, lol. My name isn't common at all. Which is something I've always hated. Nothing is more dissappointing than being at Disneyland looking for a keychain with your name on it, only to realize that time after time again, it'll never happen. But it does make finding me on social websites a breeze, lol.

Silent_Wolf 02-19-2011 10:40 AM

There was a kid in first grade I was fellow outcasts with; he moved away in the middle of the year. I still miss him. :( And for the life of me I can't remember his name.

LancasterPrincess 02-19-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf (Post 934836)
There was a kid in first grade I was fellow outcasts with; he moved away in the middle of the year. I still miss him. :( And for the life of me I can't remember his name.

Aw, that stinks! I always have trouble with last names. Even more annoying is remembering the last name of a common first name, but the last name can be spelled different ways. Talk about a needle in a haystack. :roll: What about finding other friends from first grade and seeing if they remember his name?

KiraIMustBeInvisible 02-19-2011 03:16 PM

Hmmm....I do remember one person.

When I was little my mom used to take me to horse shows all the time, and there was one boy that I always hung out with. Can't remember his name but I know that he and my brothernhated each others guts and I was like in love with him xD I miss him:/ the odd thing is though is that I've been thinking about him a lot lately. So it's kind of awkward.....awkward turtle :D

LancasterPrincess 02-19-2011 03:56 PM

Every now and then I just cannot stop thinking about people from my past. I never knew anyone who did that, it's neat that I know I'm not the only one anymore xD

KiraIMustBeInvisible 02-20-2011 08:23 PM

Yeah its good to know i'm not the only person out there who does thatxD

Theres a kid i found recently on Facebook that was like my best friend in 2nd grade. I remember one time we were out on the playground and there were these bars and we would always hang upside down on them, so he came out and joined us and we were hanging upside down on those and his shirt fell down. xDD

then there was a kid in 3rd grade and i had a huge crush on him, and that summer he was all i could think about. his dad had died that year, in army training. so his godfather was fighting for full custody of him and his sister, but his mother ended up winning fullcustody(she wasn't exactly the best person...) and he moved to another state. sad day >3<

antimaie 03-05-2011 03:52 AM

I tihk there is always some reason people from the past don't make it to your future.

I found my best friend form when I lived in Canada on Facebook, last year, and we talked 24/7 for about a month, non stop. Then, he ended up turning into a real jerk.

He's blocked & unfriended now, but I don't think I'm going to go find more people from my past now. They can find me. :P