Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-18-2009, 09:56 PM

Ugh. I hate bullying. My friend Maria had it worse. She was jammed into a locker x.x and was stuck there for three hours, no one knew. (She's small and sknny enough to fit.)

Yet, I have no problems with bullying...Argh, I feel as if I'm the bully sometimes, that's how mean I am. ;__;'' Of course, that was in fifth grade *due to being bullied in first grade, second grade; I decided to become one myself*, and I do sincerely hope I've matured since then *shivers*

Yes, it's true that bullies like reactions. They, themselves, are insecure *coming from someone who knows* and wish to make themself more secure by making other people feel left-out. Gosh, just ignore them. They do have weak spots. Let yourself cool down, first, and don't let them know that you're getting to them. Don't be passive, or aggressive; be assertive. Let them know how you feel. Use only "I" statements, such as "I feel hurt by the way you're doing this." "I would like you to stop." Use emotional appeal. No one's point heartless in this world, and if they have become, it's for a reason. Don't use "You" statements. "You are so weak." "You are so stupid, what the heck are you doing?" "You're so retarded for trying to mess around with me." See, see, this gets them more riled up. I should know. They might not get back at you right then, but if they ever have the chance to, they will. Trust me on this, too, I've sworn to get back at people, that have stood up and went back against me.
Primarily my middle school's very good with the bullying thing. Nearly no one is bullied, (of course there are SOME, but very few) simply because our teachers do care. Supposing that you feel like crap and you are pi'ssed, we have a very good counselor and many people coming in to raise awareness for bullying and how to counter-act it. People that bully are usually stopped. Although there is still a main Popular | Nonpopular line there, the popular and non-popular people can still talk without getting all b'ytchy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 11-18-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirmali View Post
Ugh. I hate bullying. My friend Maria had it worse. She was jammed into a locker x.x and was stuck there for three hours, no one knew. (She's small and sknny enough to fit.)

Yet, I have no problems with bullying...Argh, I feel as if I'm the bully sometimes, that's how mean I am. ;__;'' Of course, that was in fifth grade *due to being bullied in first grade, second grade; I decided to become one myself*, and I do sincerely hope I've matured since then *shivers*

Yes, it's true that bullies like reactions. They, themselves, are insecure *coming from someone who knows* and wish to make themself more secure by making other people feel left-out. Gosh, just ignore them. They do have weak spots. Let yourself cool down, first, and don't let them know that you're getting to them. Don't be passive, or aggressive; be assertive. Let them know how you feel. Use only "I" statements, such as "I feel hurt by the way you're doing this." "I would like you to stop." Use emotional appeal. No one's point heartless in this world, and if they have become, it's for a reason. Don't use "You" statements. "You are so weak." "You are so stupid, what the heck are you doing?" "You're so retarded for trying to mess around with me." See, see, this gets them more riled up. I should know. They might not get back at you right then, but if they ever have the chance to, they will. Trust me on this, too, I've sworn to get back at people, that have stood up and went back against me.
Primarily my middle school's very good with the bullying thing. Nearly no one is bullied, (of course there are SOME, but very few) simply because our teachers do care. Supposing that you feel like crap and you are pi'ssed, we have a very good counselor and many people coming in to raise awareness for bullying and how to counter-act it. People that bully are usually stopped. Although there is still a main Popular | Nonpopular line there, the popular and non-popular people can still talk without getting all b'ytchy.

wow,Thaatss like all very true and i should stick to that idea and not try and get back at them just becuz what they did tooo me doesnt mean i should do worse right ? cuz i was thinking about doing that but then was likee ommg im going to make a fool of myself. ive talked to my principal more than once about these kids calling me "emo" they just dont understand that some words mean something different. There quick to judge and i dont like that .

Yoh
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-19-2009, 02:28 PM

Excellent advice, Christy It definately was helpful to the situation to bring in the opposite perspective.

Staff are always quick to judge with those things I've found. If you don't fit into the majority, they tend to assume you are trouble and won't help as much. I was picked on a lot for being "bisexual"(I was a rather confused teen, needless to say I came to the conclusion I was only curious, which is normal for the age) during the 8th grade and they didn't do a thing. In fact, they told me they couldn't because "how can they control what the other kids say?" They had a "talk" with everyone about being tolerant, but it was half-hearted and basically consisted of "Now, be nice everyone! Smiles! See, they all SAID they wouldn't, so go be best friends again!". Not an ounce of help.

You won't look like a fool. Just be firm.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 11-19-2009, 11:00 PM

I folllowedd alll your advice and now things are a bit better just need to adjust to what people keep saying and not get mad as easily ha. my friend is helpingg me andd that just makes things better ,Thaank youu all for your awesome advice and great support with thiss =D i mean it wont go away righ away but it will in timee so im happy about that.

Yoh
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-19-2009, 11:16 PM

I'm glad things are going so much better! That is exactly the kind of attitude you should have Don't let them get you down. Sometimes it will be harder than others, but just stick with it and they'll find someone else to pick on soon enough who gives them the pleasure they want.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#16 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-31-2010, 07:40 PM

I have somewhat of a bullying problem. This girl...let's call her W. Yes, well, it's kind of petty and stupid really. But I have a really bad temper. I should be a red-head, but I'm a blonde xDD Anyways, this W girl has been mean and nice to me on and off since I started at my new school in the beginning of this year. She's stolen my jacket twice, the first time before science. She made me believe it was in the boys bathroom, when really it was hidden behind the overhead projector. This ticked me off because it was a gift from my mentour the summber before. I told her this and she just laughed and said that made it even funnier. The second time she stole it after lunch, and this was a good leather one too. She took it and walked around with it. I finally got it back and when I saw her in the hallway I told her it was stupid and immature of her to steal it. She just said it was still funny. I told her that it wasn't and that she needed to get a life. Then I left. I know that probally wasn't the best way to handle it, but as I said before that I have a very bad temper. Anyways, we both have one thing in common. We both like anime. So when we got into a discussion over what animes we liked, we became good-ish friends. Well, she made a deviantART account, and when I tried to politely give her some CC on one of the drawings she made, she told me that she didn't want it and came off very mean and rude. So I, with my temper, got upset and said that if she wanted her drawings to look fake and childlike, that was fine by me. Again, I know this was not the best way to handle it but it was all I could think of. She replied to that saying (quote)"If my draings dont meat ur standers whatevr they meat min."(unquote) and a lot more(that was just the basic gist of it) I can't recall what I said to that but I think it wasn't quite as rude as what I had said before. Anyways, I'm not sure if this is a bullying problem, but it seems that way to me. Oh, and about the jacket thing, well my good friend stood up for me when that same girl said that all I wanted was attention and that I was a not-so-nice-word. When I confronted her about this she said that she never said that. I saw the text messages in which she said it, so there you go.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM

Edit: This was a few months ago and I swear it wasn't about you I read wrong and I'm super super super super super super super super sorry! I type too many wrong things ;_;

I'm currently getting picked on right now. I keep telling my mom that and she is like "Well, deep inside, they are really jealous of you because your pretty." I HATE when I get those responses.

Well, I'm not the prettiest girl, but I still think I'm pretty inside. I have glasses and braces, and I have to shave every once in a while by my mouth and in the middle of my eyebrows because hair grows constantly there all the time and I hate it. ;_;

I never really experienced preppy people (thats what people call the meanie popular in my school) because generally people think I'm really nice and a good person. But this year, it's just tough. All the preppy people make fun of me just because of my haircut and my bangs (my bangs always "split", they never stay together), and just because I have the most pimples out of everybody.

WTF. People get freakin' pimples and sometimes they have bad hair days (Ihave really frizzy hair and I can't straighten it). Just because I don't have the "Hollister" or Uggs, doesn't mean I'm different and I'm a nerd.

They make fun of me all the time, and I tell them to stop. I say the "I" quotes. But, nothing works, all they do is laugh and try to harass me.

The preppy people are just annoying. They think they're better than everybody. They have the most ugliest clothes (lol, they don't even know it- all they wear is S***** designer clothes), boyfriends, and personalitys.

And what do I do? I just be nice. I say nice things to them even sometimes I wanna barf. My friends even say I should be more confident and speak up because I'm shy.

And, about once a week- I cry and let it out all by myself. I know I should stop.

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]

Last edited by ColorPencil : 06-19-2010 at 09:32 AM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-25-2010, 12:34 AM

I'd definently just try and be with the people who care enough to know that you're a really nice person. If it gets really bad explain this to your parents...after all really bad bullying can have extremely bad consequences. I know several bullies who have actually got in trouble withthe police and have been charged with harrasment.

I never really got bullied badly, justthe usual name calling when I was a little kido. Of course it never seemed to work since I was more interested in the sand pit which I have toadmit I played in until I was about 10 XD.

My friend however is a different story, she was badly bullied until a few years ago by a group of people I didn't really know. I was surprised since she is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and has heaps of friends both male and female. Luckilly she was sensible and told her parents in the end. They ended up storming into the school demanding to speak to the principal about it.

It turned out theyd been picking on quite a few people, sending rude emails,texts and all, once they actually did punch her after which both her other friends and I did get extremely p*ssed and told them to leave her alone. The bullies were gotten rid of quick smart.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-25-2010, 01:34 PM

Bullying actually makes me rofl. I basically evade bullies' comments for a while, smile stupidly when they annoy me, etc, wait for my chance and then make them look like the fool. XD

And then we have physical bullies.
*turns head around to admire the array of weaponry available in the room*

personally, I prefer the good old fashioned history textbook over the head approach. Works every time.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Mariisa (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-30-2010, 03:56 PM

Just ignore them darn bullies! I absolutely hate people who bully others, etc.
I've been bullied from grades 4 to 6 and I was so emotionally troubled by it all.

Ever since my experience of being bullied about my chubbiness and my liking/interest in anime (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Digimon, etc.), I've come to just resent/hate any type of popular people.

In my case, I was verbally teased and bullied for being fat, rejecting those girls' offered friendship, and for liking anime series (those were considered as "weird" but I wasn't the only person who liked it all, just that I was the only person to not have my own pack of friends).

It all started with a leader-like girl asking me to be friends with her. I said no to her though, because I intuitively knew she wasn't the type of person I wanted as a close friend and I was alright with not having any friends. Now, all because of my rejection, she began bugging me and asking me to be her friend over and over. I was so annoyed and I just ignored her and often said no over and over.

She eventually came to asking me why I like weird things for and began teasing me about my chubby legs and she would get her own friends to whisper about me in class, etc. They would all tease me and stuff like that. I found her to be annoying and overwhelming with what her friends were doing to me verbally. I never did anything about it or talk to anyone about it.

One day in grade 5, they decided to surround me and my pink book (it was a book full of my friends' profiles and our crushes were listed in the individual profiles). They surrounded me on the playground and one of them took the book out of my hands. I tried holding onto it tightly to fight back, but it slipped away from me. They looked at mine and found out my crush's name. I gradually began crying, feeling intimidated by the circle of girls around me.

The girls' leader or someone then shouted out to my crush that I liked him. So I felt so humiliated that someone as fat as me would like one of the more popular boys and that the secret was out in such a terrible way. I went running into the school building and went upstairs to the bathroom. I went into a stall and started crying so hard, shouting and sobbing.

Afterwards I had went to the main office and I told on the girls who I knew the names of, not all of them that is. They were brought to the office and were told to apologize to me and were given a good talk about how bullying is wrong, etc.

Then in grade 6 it was only a few boys bullying me, etc. After grade 6 though, onto grade 7, all those kids who bullied me went to a different school for junior high and high school. So I was free of bullying forever once I started grade 7... at least I thought I would be...

In grade 10, just sometime earlier in 2010, one of my distant cousins was asking me why I wear "small clothes" (referring to my overweightness) and why I like "weird things" (she seen me playing my DS and Pokemon game)... I felt ever reminded of the past but I was ready to try to ignore and talk back. My self-defense was weak and I felt pretty down after she said I'm fat and ugly, etc. I assured myself in my room at home, "She's just more insecure than I am... (all those girls were...)".

Yet, with my self-reliance and independence, her words never really deeply affected my somewhat narcissistic self-image. XD So I just told on her and she was suspended for bullying me. Even some of my relatives find her to be an evil girl... I'm glad she got what she deserved: suspension. The counsellor even talked to both her and her parents separately.

To me: bullying is wrong! I hate bullies. I hate popular-people, basically the mean ones or the type who are insensitive, etc.

Only thing beneficial of being bullied is that you eventually develop a pretty strong character. When I was in grade 6 or 5 I decided to not let those bullies bother me and my feelings anymore, or I would let them bother me verbally but I would never take their words to heart. I would never let it all consume my thoughts and feelings. I once told my mom, "But I won't let them bring me down. I don't care what they say..." and she then said I had a strong spirit! Ever since she told me that, I felt better about it entirely.