Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   School (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/school/)
-   -   Drama Club (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/school/20623-drama-club.html)

TinkerBell1995 01-26-2009 04:23 PM

Drama Club

I didn't see a post like this & I'm not sure if it's in the correct place. Please move it if it's in the wrong place.

But anyway. What musical/production is your school's drama club doing this year and what role do you have if you auditioned?

We're doing Annie Jr. because all middle schools in our district do the Jr. versions of all major musicals. And I am a servent. It's a fun role, and I get to sing a lot since I have a small speaking role.

Silent_Wolf 01-26-2009 04:28 PM

Think my school's doing Harvey this year, I've never seen or heard of it though. O_o I'd try out for it but I just don't have the patience to deal with some of the people who tried out.

spirit_queen 01-26-2009 06:24 PM

My mom says: Harvey is this imaginary rabbit that this drunkard sees and talks to, and people think he's crazy.They send him to a mental institution. By the end of the show, the director of the mental institution sees Harvey. (It's just a shadow, but...)

My mom was in that play. XD Enjoy!

We're doing Thoroughly Modern Millie for musical, and... yeah... don't know too much.

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 01-26-2009 07:11 PM

I would love to be in a drama club someday in highschool, but the only problem is I'm shy. :roll: I try not to be, but as soon as I get up in front of people I blank.. I love acting, plays, musicals and drama in general, but I am also shy at singing and do not think I am very good, so I would definetly prefer plays as apposed to musicals..

xJESSiCA 01-26-2009 08:22 PM

I've only been in one play and that was in 5th grade. We did A Christmas Carol for the Talented and Gifted program (aka "smart" kids) and I was the Ghost of Christmas Past. I don't remember how I did but I remember taking off my costume and everything and realized I wasn't supposed to until the cast was going out to bow and everything.

My school is doing Beauty and the Beast this year. Our Drama Department is amazing so I'm sure that the play will be the same. I'm not part of the drama club and it's too much of a hassle to get into it, plus that's not my thing. Music is. Speaking of music, I really want to audition for pit orchestra for the production. Afterall, beauty and the beast would be nothing without music. haha (:

TinkerBell1995 01-27-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx_Pixie_Dust_Dispenser_xX (Post 800468)
I would love to be in a drama club someday in highschool, but the only problem is I'm shy. :roll: I try not to be, but as soon as I get up in front of people I blank.. I love acting, plays, musicals and drama in general, but I am also shy at singing and do not think I am very good, so I would definetly prefer plays as apposed to musicals..

We had the local high school chorale come to the middle school today to try and recruit us. The music teacher said you never know if you don't try, and that you might be a really good singer but you would never find out unless you tried.

iluvdolphin6 01-27-2009 05:04 PM

idk what we are currently doing...im not in drama... but i know 2 plays the drama club did before...Grease and Honk Jr.

antimaie 01-28-2009 02:10 AM

Our school is doing the musical "Once Upon A Matress." My favorite character? King Seximus of course. xD

I am going to join Improv year, everyone says that I'm random enough xD