Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-03-2009, 05:11 PM

In which case there's no point in whining about your punishment. Don't want to do the time? Then don't do the crime.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-03-2009, 06:06 PM

Ha ha, nice. xD
I've heard that before somewhere...

Anyway, never gotten a detention in my life. But I was a bad kid in Grade One. Here's a little skit:

Mrs. Priceman:
All right, kids. It's the end of the year.
Everyone: Yay!
Mrs. Priceman: I tend to do a survey to see how honest you are about your trouble making.
Everyone: Huh?
Mrs. Priceman: Don't worry, it's not difficult. Raise your hand if you've never been in trouble this year.
[A handful of people raise their hand, including myself]
Mrs. Priceman: Okay, okay.... (she spies me as she's looking around) LUCIA! PUT YOUR HAND DOWN! NOW!

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 05-03-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHollyxX View Post
I do! I just forget at home in my bedroom xD.
Well how are your teachers supposed to know that? If you are forgetting your school work at home, it shows that you aren't serious about school

In my french class, if you don't do your homework, you get a detention.
Lucky for the smarter kids, just show an old piece of homework and he says good job. I have talked about this teacher, he's not fit to be one. -_-
I have never had to do that though, I always do my homework.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-03-2009, 08:02 PM

Honestly, I had a detention once or twice in my middle school years. They were both one hour detentions. Honestly, I liked them. xD I know, I'm weird, but the thing was I had to go home anyways and do homework anyways. Besides, sometimes I had trouble with my homework, so I was able to ask questions if I needed some help. Or I was able to read my book. I really didn't care if I had a detention or not. I liked them, though, I did my best to avoid them because my parents' always gave me a mini-lecture. That was never fun. xD

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 05-03-2009, 11:58 PM

I used to get alot of detentions. Every week I had detention for uniform, lack of work, or arguing with teachers.

My 'favourite' one was when I asked the canteen lady if there was any dairy products in the pumpkin soup (as I am a vegan, but more importantly to this scenario, lactose intolerent), and she told me no, so I bought it, drank it, then got quite ill. I marched back to the canteen and asked what was in it, she told me "Well you kids are such fussy eaters it dosent matter whats in it, just be grateful that you have food" and I really gave her an ear bashing. And vomited on the floor. But thats her own fault for telling me that the soup was dairy-free. Then the principal walked by and gave me a detention for being rude.

Yeah, im rude to people who lie to me about the contents of the food they cook which results in me becoming sick. People shouldnt lie about that stuff. My allergies/intolerences arent that bad, but heck, try telling an anaphylactic that you lied about what was in the food that they should be grateful.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 05-04-2009, 03:41 AM

Honestly I think detensions help. I remember my first detention and it was my last.
I did the homework from the night before and stuck it in my locker in first periode and forgot about it and didn't bring it to the fourth periode causing me to get a detention.. I had to re-due it in the room and I was like man I thought I put it in my book.. Then after a bloody hour re-doing it I go to my locker only to find it. I was soo P***** Off.... I have to take only fifty percent of the mark for handing it in late so it made me realise to be more organized and structure things properly before hand so I never did that after.

Think about it. When you get out in the real world you will not get away with "not doing your homework", wether it be post secondary and or a job/career. Your Proffessor in University will just laugh if you don't hand things in because your paying him 1500 dollars to teach you nothing because you don't choose to learn because for what ever reason its not convient for you. Your teachers care about you in grade school and are looking out for you and one day you will all appreciate it.

I for sure have and still do. Also when you get a job/career some day your employer will not tolerate you being late just like your teacher won't tolerate late assignments. Its a sign of disrespect; so why do it? You simply shouldn't as you would not like it if your teacher never graded your work and never handed your assignments back or your boss neglects to pay you. Detentions are a way for you to develope an understanding that you did something wrong and have to endure some time as you wasted some one elses.

So, in my point of view I strongly agree that it helps just some of you are not looking at it in the same point of view yet, because your still in grade school which is fine, because I was like that to, but I can assure you I appreciate it now. In the real world you can get fired and or have an Academic expulsion which stays with you for the rest of your life and will be on your transcript forever.Plus prevent you from ever entering into any other institution.

Last edited by delly1 : 05-04-2009 at 03:45 AM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
XxHollyxX (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-04-2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aihana_ View Post
Well how are your teachers supposed to know that? If you are forgetting your school work at home, it shows that you aren't serious about school
I do bring my worksheet with all the questions on and they do show my working outs. xD. Anyway, I haven't got an detention for like 2 weeks now, my biggest record.

Doll by fallen4u
I believe you can't mess with me.
ohh,, you can? Prove it punk.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiani View Post
I used to get alot of detentions. Every week I had detention for uniform, lack of work, or arguing with teachers.

My 'favourite' one was when I asked the canteen lady if there was any dairy products in the pumpkin soup (as I am a vegan, but more importantly to this scenario, lactose intolerent), and she told me no, so I bought it, drank it, then got quite ill. I marched back to the canteen and asked what was in it, she told me "Well you kids are such fussy eaters it dosent matter whats in it, just be grateful that you have food" and I really gave her an ear bashing. And vomited on the floor. But thats her own fault for telling me that the soup was dairy-free. Then the principal walked by and gave me a detention for being rude.

Yeah, im rude to people who lie to me about the contents of the food they cook which results in me becoming sick. People shouldnt lie about that stuff. My allergies/intolerences arent that bad, but heck, try telling an anaphylactic that you lied about what was in the food that they should be grateful.
Sorry, but you deserved to get a detention for your behaviour. Yes, the dinner lady was wrong to tell you that there was dairy in the soup (altho, she could have not known herself or been told wrong by someone), but mouthing off to her, being rude, and throwing up on the floor just put you squarely in the wrong, therefore you deserved your punishment. That, frankly, is acting like a child; so you were treated like one. If you want to be treated like an adult, you have to act like one. The appropiate thing to do would have been to inform your parents and the head teacher of what had happened, so steps could have been taken to prevent it happening again. Had you been in a job when something like that happened, and you'd acted that way, you'd be out on your ear eventually.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Kiani, there is no reason for you to have acted like that. Believe it or not, oftentimes lunch cooks are unsure of what goes into food as it's often pre-prepared; they just warm it up, and it's not their fault if you had a reaction. You need to stop acting like a self-important nut and realize they're just trying to do their job.

Also, if you were able to get up and yell at the lunch lady when you should have been running for the bathroom, as you claim you felt sick, then why didn't you throw up first and yell later? You made a mess that nobody likes to clean up, and I'm pretty sure the janitors didn't deserve a mess like that.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#30 (permalink))
Old
awesomeistic (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 05-04-2009, 05:44 PM

yes i had a detention. only one because i left my phone on during a final exam and it vibrated. my teacher looked at my purse and i got so red my face was on fire. good thing she did not give me a zero or i would have failed that class. the detention was funny. my friend had her first detention that day too so i was lucky to have her. also since the kids were being so good, the teachers let us out a half hour early! that was extra lucky. not as bad as i thought it would have been.

Last edited by awesomeistic : 05-04-2009 at 05:47 PM.