Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default Really Stupid School Rules? Share them here! - 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM

Every school has them, whether we like it or not. Some schools, you can't wear hats. Other schools, you HAVE to wear dress pants. And still other schools, you can't even have purses.

Well, recently in America as most of you may or may not know, there have been a string of cellphone-called-in bomb threats, shootings in schools and colleges (though to be honest those are few and far as far as I can tell, I could be wrong though), and of course thefts varying from pennies to thousands of dollars (WTH) and of course to cell phones, toys, hand held game systems, laptop computers (again, WTH), I could go on.

At my school, our purses now have to be smaller than a textbook; if they are bigger than that, you are suspended for three days. Personally, the only reason I even HAVE a purse is to carry pads, pencils, chapstick, and my agendabook around. It's barely big enough to accommadate any of this. I also carry my backpack around due to being incredibly clumsy: when I go up staircases carrying my stuff, I trip on the top stair EVERY TIME and throw my stuff everywhere. Then idiots kick it around for fun and it takes me almost all of the 10 minutes I have between classes to gather it back up.

On that, we're also forbidden to have our backpacks/sportsbags/etc. out of our lockers. I call shenanigans: I NEED MY FREAKIN BACKPACK. If I was able to, I'd explain why to the principals but chances are, they'd roll their eyes.

Funny thing is? There are still idiots running around in SUPER mini skirts and nobody cares. Personally, I don't want people carrying my stuff for me, even with my ankles acting up constantly; that's why I use the messenger bag I have. I don't trust people at my school because all of them have been known to take things if the person who needs help is a nerd.

What's next? I don't know about my school, but a kid in my math class says that the next thing they'll demand is that ALL POCKETS be sewn shut.

*crickets chirping*

I don't know about you guys, again, but I can't fit ANYTHING in my jeans pockets; my butt's too big and to be honest front pockets are too tiny to hold anything bar a piece of gum and MAYBE an mp3player/ipod.

What are the stupid rules at your guys' schools?

Sixth Clue: Find the place where you can rate a signature or avatar.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Miranda_ : 10-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-28-2008, 05:54 PM

No purses bigger then a textbook or you're suspended?! O.O Now THAT is crazy. And no backpacks out of lockers? I need either my backpack, or a very large purse-thing to carry my books, tampons/pads, and all that other crap!

Lol... Yeah, I know what you mean on the 'butt to big to fit anything in pockets' thing. xD

Anywho, CRAZY rules, Wolfie! At my school, we don't have any weird rules. O.o

Last edited by Miranda_ : 01-05-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-28-2008, 06:28 PM

I think the only reason they're doing it is because of that stupid bomb threat at a school near us. -.- Some moron called it in on a cell phone, of all things, and now the principals are practically screaming bloody murder and saying "CELL PHONES ARE REALLY BAD AND YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THEM BECAUSE EVERYBODY'LL CALL IN A BOMB!!!"

Or something.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-02-2008, 10:12 AM

You are all luky. I have to wear a blazer, shirt tie trousers/skirt , black shoes, plain soks, no jewellery, no cell phones & ipods etc, hair can only be naturaul colours, no badges, and the list goes on.

--
(#5 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 09-02-2008, 10:37 AM

my school is a private school and we have to wear the dumb skirt and white top and a black blazer that matches the boring business like skirt..
Girls HAVE TO WEAR THE SKIRT. Even in the winter which really ticks me off . Like why can't we wear pants it gets so cold outside and inside the classrooms. thats really the only rule im upset with. But all of your schools above don't sound like fun at all
I had a bomb threat at my school to except it was done over a payphone

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-02-2008, 04:12 PM

The school I went to had a really old fashioned headmaster. He wouldn't allow the girls to wear trousers, we all had to wear skirts. Also, the coats had to be navy blue; and the headmaster threw a fit cuz my coat was black. My mum basically told him that if he wanted me to wear a navy blue coat, then he was welcome to buy me one, but she couldn't afford to replace a perfectly good coat at this time. So I got to keep my black coat. The head also banned football from being played, cuz he thought it unladylike. What did we play instead? Hockey.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-02-2008, 04:20 PM

Now that is just plain silly, they're both physical sports. O_o

Halestorm
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Plus, hockey involves a huge wooden stick and a lot of hitting. O.o I don't know why the head thought it more ladylike than kicking a ball around.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
yourlucky13_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.50 Average
Default 09-02-2008, 05:33 PM

xD yeah, that's pretty dumb.
my school doesn't really care about the backpacks, and we only have bag checks about.. once or twice the whole school year.
but the most dumbest ones(to me) are;
socks must be school uniform colors(black, white, burgundy, or khaki.) if you wear another color, you get a week of ISI.
no normal jackets or sweaters in class, only approved uniform jacket, or the black or burgundy sweatshirts.
yeah... not that bad, but yeah, i hate them

And So The Lion Fell In Love With The Lamb<3
Yeah, i'm one of them now<3

Last edited by Miranda_ : 01-05-2010 at 08:25 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Rain538 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-02-2008, 07:42 PM

no hand held games ipods spaghetti strap tanktops (????)
lunch at 1:00 pm (not relly a rule but still)
no interesting science experiments
Stupid really

Warrior cat books firggen rule the earth a long side pie and the peace sign.