Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Mirela (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-08-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
This primary school nearby banned the following games from being played in the playground:

* Hopscotch

* Conkers

* Skipping

* The elastic game (you take a long loop of elastic, put it round two people's ankles and jump around it; I know, weird.)

* Handstands

Conkers is banned cuz kids could use conkers on strings as weapons; hopscotch is banned cuz it involves throwing a stone; skipping rope and the elastic game apparently are dangerous and could cause kids to fall down; handstands are banned cuz you're upside down and could faint.

As a kid, I played all those games and more and I lived. -.- There's just no sense in banning games; what on earth do they expect the kids to do in playtime, just stand there?
A few Victorian schools have banned all ball sports because chidlren may get hit by the balls, it was in the newspaper a few months ago.

Its no wonder why childhood obesity is on the rise. Kids cant play anymore.

My school si pretty good, every rule has a reason.

Honestly though, reading through these, it sounds like you guys are complaining about having alot of freedom with your clothing. In Australia all schools except for the really small ones or the really expensive ones have uniforms. My school I have to wear a royal blue poloshirt or jumper with the school logo on it and black pants or shorts with black lace-up or buckle-up shoes and white socks everyday. Hair must always be tied back and can only be dyed a natural colour and no jewlery is allowed. My school is one of the realliy leniant ones, being a public school.

Be thankful that most of you guys are allowed to wear your own clothes.

Last edited by Mirela : 03-08-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
ponyboy (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Default 03-08-2009, 04:24 PM

in my school you have to wear a stupid lanyard or you get detention.

Avatar by saraSKELLINGTONsiggy made by Rameboe and jordanashley
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-08-2009, 04:40 PM

at my cousin's old school, they weren't allowed to eat suckers at lunch.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Saphire_Mist (Offline)
Shuni

Default 03-10-2009, 07:34 PM

Alright,
No going to the bathroom,or you sign The Book (Dun Dun Dun DUUN) and 5 mins off recess.
You can have electronics,but they have to be off and in your backpack.
Natural hair.
You can't carry your backpack around.You have to carry around a bag or a pendeflex.
Like Telephone said,all the site on my school computers are blocked.Except Primarygames.com and there's no good games there.Even Wikipedia's blocked!
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-11-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirela View Post
Honestly though, reading through these, it sounds like you guys are complaining about having alot of freedom with your clothing. In Australia all schools except for the really small ones or the really expensive ones have uniforms. My school I have to wear a royal blue poloshirt or jumper with the school logo on it and black pants or shorts with black lace-up or buckle-up shoes and white socks everyday. Hair must always be tied back and can only be dyed a natural colour and no jewlery is allowed. My school is one of the realliy leniant ones, being a public school.

Be thankful that most of you guys are allowed to wear your own clothes.
I don't think anyone here is complaining about their freedom with clothes, moreso the unequal attention towards who wears clothes against the rules. I found in high school that popular girls or the ones on the sports teams could get away with breaking the rules while if a girl like me did, we'd be done in the office in a second. Its sending out the message that as long as you look a certain way, you can do anything you want.

I can't think of many stupid school rules, except for one that just makes me crack up. In my high school, you needed a pass from the cafeteria, where there are no teachers to give them out, to go to the library to do work. You absolutely could not leave and we were even forbidden from going to certain bathrooms(there were two near the cafeteria, the closer one was nastier so I often went to the one farther away until I was forbidden from going there from now).

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#66 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-12-2009, 09:01 AM

We don't have any bad rules, but the rules that are there we sometimes break. The teachers don't really care; they'll just tell you you're stupid if they find you chewing gum and then you throw it out. People swear the most horrible things, and the teachers just walk on by. But when it comes to drugs, gangs, violence they will immediately expel you. It really is weird, the whole thing with the rules >.<

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
I can't think of many stupid school rules, except for one that just makes me crack up. In my high school, you needed a pass from the cafeteria, where there are no teachers to give them out, to go to the library to do work. You absolutely could not leave and we were even forbidden from going to certain bathrooms(there were two near the cafeteria, the closer one was nastier so I often went to the one farther away until I was forbidden from going there from now).
I've got a rule like that at my school, we are forbidden to go to the library at lunch unless we have a teacher's slip from our teacher that block. ...WHAT? I had gone to the office to get a slip to go to the library to get a book today and got kicked out by a lunch-duty teacher, went back and stood in the office for like ten minutes and never got the slip because the secretary was working, came back out and told the lunch duty teacher what I was doing and she's like 'o u can't do that, you have to get a slip from your teacher' and I told her 'But I have lunch now', and she just shrugged and said that it was my problem. -.- Ugh, other than my office work block I have NO other classes I can go to the library in!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#68 (permalink))
Old
Saphire_Mist (Offline)
Shuni

Default 03-13-2009, 05:52 PM

And we can't get up at cafeteria unless we raise our hands.What are we,1st graders? But fortunately,we break it.A lot. ^^
(#69 (permalink))
Old
angel_baby128 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to angel_baby128 Send a message via Yahoo to angel_baby128
Default 05-23-2009, 01:02 PM

Yesterday, one of my best friends and I got in trouble for skipping. We were skipping down the main hallway in my school (which is really wide and long) and when we go to the end of the hallway the principal was all like "Girls, enough skipping! Go back and walk." So we had to go WALK all the way back down the hallway just to turn around to go WALK back in the same direction we were going in the first place. That took like 2 minutes and we only have 4 minutes inbetween classes. It was so stupid.

STAND.OUT
Avii byy: xXGrimReaperXx
SiggyDoll Byy: Muffin_Loverr
(#70 (permalink))
Old
QUELASTiMAx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Send a message via AIM to QUELASTiMAx
Default 05-23-2009, 02:36 PM

I don't bring mine to school but, we can't have phones at school at all . We used to could have them, as long as they were off in our lockers or in our pockets . But now we can't have them, because somehow they just discovered that they have cameras on them &; recording . Now, it's a state law . If we bring them to school, we'll get them taken until the last day of school . Also, we can't have cameras either, that's why I got mine taken >.>