Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-26-2008, 04:15 PM

Those sound retarded. O.o My school's actually weird considering the rules that we DON'T have. There are no rules telling you not to have sex in the school, as long as it's not r@pe. Nobody, save for my Geography teacher last year, seems to care about any clothing rules. There's a smoke pit right out front of the school, but nobody does anything about it. Oh, and because in Canada the police don't seem to care if you smoke we'ed (as long as you don't sell it without a permit), people are allowed to smoke joints just off school property. Sure it's not the school's business then, but shouldn't they call someone to take care of it? At least have the cops talk to them or something... -.-
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyBomb (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-26-2008, 07:45 PM

Hm, let's see, I graduated last year, but my sister's still go to the same school.

No flip-flops (which I now understand, my cousin was playing soccer in flip-flops, fell down, and her toes almost got "de-gloved").
No jewelry (for religious reasons since it's a religious-based school, but the teachers are really lenient about it).
Only natural colored hair.
Only natural, or mostly natural nail polish.
If you are going to sit on the floor, you have to be where the teacher can see you.
No physical contact between boys and girls (unless you're related, that's a funny story, really).
Exchange students must speak english.
Myspace is blocked (though I've never cared).
Cell phones are to be turned off and left in your locker until after school.
Long, modest dress code (the principle wants uniforms, and has so far only managed to get it passed for the teachers).
If you are on the D and F list, then you aren't allowed to go one field trips, or participate in sports.
At banquets if you wear a dress, it can't be sleeveless, and shawls are not allowed.

Oh, and my favorite isn't really a rule: The high school math teacher has you do a whole assignment, then picks five problems from it that count for your grade. You could get everything but one or two problems right that the teacher just so happens to pick, so you get a B or C

And lastly, the music teacher seems to think her plans can come before everything else in your life. In fact, it becomes your life. Once you join a music group, there's no turning back. The only reasons you can miss a performance is if you are vomitting, someone in your immediate family has died, or you died. Other than that, you are charged 5 dollars for every minute you are late (but there's no one to enforce that, since it isn't backed by the school, so if you can put up with the nagging, you don't have to pay)

I have odd tastes, you'll just have to get used to it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-27-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Exchange students must speak english.
Now that's just rude. -.- Not all of them can speak perfect 100% English; we had a transfer student my freshmen year and she jumped between her native language - Chinese, I can't remember specifically which type - and English a lot because she didn't remember very many words.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#24 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-27-2008, 07:10 AM

I agree. In my school they have special lessons for exchange students who don't speak much English, then when they are quite fluent they can join everyone else. I've been to their classroom and they don't do much. Just mess around and draw on the board. But they're all really lovely.

--
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Pigeons (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Default 09-27-2008, 11:49 AM

Oh yes, at my school every games website is blocked, any website that involves chats with others, email servers, even some research sites are blocked! It's impossible trying to find a site that isn't blocked and if you go on too many blocked sites, you get put in detention even if it's an accident! And what does it matter since you can't access them anyway to use? TDP is blocked on the school computers, so is DeviantArt (classified as tacky, questionable and ILLEGAL!)
(#26 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyBomb (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 09-28-2008, 11:30 AM

I think they tell the exchange students to speak english because they want them to learn it better. Most of the ones I've met can actually speak pretty well. The school is small (just over 100 students, Pre-K to 12th), so we don't have the resources to give them special classes, we just do what we can to help them when they don't understand. The rule isn't normally enforced if the teacher doesn't hear them talking to each other in their native language though, and most teachers don't even pay attention. Occasionally one of the students will remind them to speak english, but they keep doing it anyways.

I understand that they're here to learn, but their native language is something they have in common with the other exchange students, so I think they feel more comfortable. It never bothered me, but I think it bothers some of the other students (including some that speak spanish to each other, or at least used to).

I have odd tastes, you'll just have to get used to it
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Rain538 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-28-2008, 12:04 PM

yeah u can have cell phones but u gotta turn them off (what the? whats the point then?)Same with ipods,hand helds ect (if you can get them to the busyou can do em there

Warrior cat books firggen rule the earth a long side pie and the peace sign.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-02-2008, 03:54 AM

Well In the senior school you have to ask PERMISSION to take your jacket off
but you are allowed anything for snack.
In the junior school you are only allowed fruit and veg!
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-02-2008, 09:52 AM

My old school put a ban on all jewelry, apart from small necklaces like say a cross chain worn under clothing and just two sleeper studs, one in each ear. No body piercings allowed at all, and no rings or bracelets.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 01-05-2010 at 08:28 AM.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-02-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
My old school put a ban on all jewelry, apart from small necklaces like say a cross chain worn under clothing and just two sleeper studs, one in each ear. No body piercings allowed at all, and no rings or bracelets.
That is sooo stupid
but we are not allowed any necklaces or anything at all except silve or gold studs.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 01-05-2010 at 08:28 AM.