Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Almendra (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-18-2010, 03:17 PM

In my school, if someone first starts a fight, fighting back isn't allowed. In my science class I am not allowed to NOT fill out my table of content in my science notebook, or not get my tests signed even when the test is nearly 100 percent correct. In my other class just because my teacher thinks my project was pladgerized I need to re-do it in order not to get a zero, even though she has no good reason to think my project is pladgerized.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Xx_isolated_heart_xX (Offline)
Shuni

Default 04-18-2010, 03:56 PM

my shool sux, we cant wear skinny jeans, and if we do we have to go to the nurse and borrow a pair of reg. pants, but whats weird is the boys can wear skinnies...o.0. we cand have holes in our pants on or above the knee, dresses MUST be under the knee not halfway on it,or a cm. above. and we cant wear jackets!!, they think ppl who wear them "cut" themself. and for all students , no logo tee's, teachers feel it's "expressing" how we feel, makes no sence. and last but not least, no skirts or petticoats (skirt that goes over your pants.

school is so lame
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#113 (permalink))
Old
HimeFirestar (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Default 04-23-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
My old school put a ban on all jewelry, apart from small necklaces like say a cross chain worn under clothing and just two sleeper studs, one in each ear. No body piercings allowed at all, and no rings or bracelets.
My sister would DIE at your old school. She LIVES for jewelry. And makeup. We were making fun by talking about how she couldn't go a day without makeup, you know, like in sonny with a chance?

They don't allow hugging, kissing, backpacks, phones(off and in locker), the other touching and a couple other stupid stuff. Ipods and stuff are allowed, just not in class. One guy in my 8th class had made a hugging holiday the second thursday of every month when he was in elementary, and now they can only do side hugs. LOL!
I kinda get the spaghetti straps and MP3/IPods and phones because they can distract you from what you're doing.
My mom told me about my oldest sister's highschool how if someone's phone rings all the kids in the class start coughing to hide the cell phone noise, and how at my other(makeup-obsessed) sister's high school it's every man for himself.
LOLOZ!

"I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."
"'Where's the ring?' 'You mean this ring? Anyone could have taken it. Proof? I did. Bazinga!'"
"Common complaint in men; nothing's ever big enough. Then they get a tumor and you never hear the end of it."
- All from The Big Bang Theory
(#114 (permalink))
Old
orangedino67 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Okay, so you guys's rules are wayyyy worse than ours, but I still find them pretty ridiculous!

- no gum. (I kinda get that one, but since so many people break it they shouldnt make it a rule anymore!)
- shorts cant be any shorter than our fingers. (Im SUPER short, but I have long legs and super long arms. So if my friend and I have the same length shorts, my arms are longer so I have to change into my gym shorts and she doesnt)(( this only applies to 6th graders, sometimes you cant tell if a 7th grader or something even has pants on))
- tops have to have sleeves of at least 2 fingers wide. (not too bad)
- we have a stupid agenda hall pass (even though we can walk around the halls for as long as we want)

Avi&Siggy by xxMeggieMaggot

tumblr.
(#115 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-09-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm sure I've already posted some of these, but I might as well post it again.

-We can't have any holes in our pants, below the knee or not.
-All our pants have to go below our knee. None of that fingertips thing.
-We can't wear any dresses or skirts that go above our knees even if we have leggings.
-No body piercings that show. If you do have some you have to wear a band-aid over it or use clear studs.
-No shirts with anything gory and/or innapropriate(I understand this since we have an elementary in our school.)
-Gum's allowed, but we can't blow bubbles.
-For middle school the highest our heels can go is 2 inches.
-No hats in the classroom
In my math teacher's classroom we get Lunch Duty(it's a punishment where we have to clean up the cafeteria when everyone's done eating)if we say "I can't" or "This sucks" or "crap" or (quote)"Anything that shows a negative attitude is outlawed in her class"(unquote)

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#116 (permalink))
Old
midnight_shadow (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 09-07-2010, 11:32 PM

Okay's these are some fairly dumb school rules. Not really dumb but pretty close.
-No gum at all
-You can't run up a hill (but in PE they make us do it)
-If it's raining you can't run(Again they make us in PE)
-If we're late for any reason we have lunch detention
-At Halloween no blood/guts or anything that expresses witchcraft(though a lot of girls go as witches)
-No holes in our clothes that show skin
-No clothing that advertizes another school (exception for colleges)
Here are some dumb classroom rules.
-No sun glasses/hats
-Our science teacher has us do three pages and then has us grade half of the first one FOR NO GRADE!
-We are no allowed to get out of our seats
-No talking AT ALL
-We are not allowed to sit by our friends
-Our reading teacher lets us listen to out Ipods but when the Princapal comes in, we get in trouble
-No rubber bands as bracelets in our homeroom building
-No going to our lockers if we're in the other building
There are a lot more but these are the dumb ones (or I think they're dumb).
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-09-2010, 09:57 AM

I don't know why people think that banning gum is a stupid rule. Do you people have any idea just how hard it is to get gum off furniture after it sets hard? Unless you're really lucky, if you scrape it off it will lift off paint and polish and you never can get it all off. Plus some innocent person who sits down at the table you just stuck your gum on will not be very happy about the fact that their jeans or tights are now ruined cuz they have gum stuck there that can't be removed.

(#118 (permalink))
Old
XxXbriannaXxX (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 09-09-2010, 11:32 PM

Wow... annd I thought we had it bad...
Ours is basically anything has to be fingertip length, no shorter...
No tank tops/ tube tops... blah blah blah.
That's it for our dress code, there's nothing like cetain colors, we can have our hair any color, piercings, shoes, shirts, shoes, ect...
For shirts it's just nothing gang related.
We can have our phones during lunch, no other time, but I do anyways. I text in like every class.(:
No cussing...
We can have our bags/pack packs[:
So I feel reall bad ferr all yuhh guys who have rules like that.
I'm alot more grateful now lol I see it's not soo bad!
-brianna.
(#119 (permalink))
Old
EmmaLuv_x3 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default Dumb School Rules -.- - 09-10-2010, 05:28 PM

Wow, some of those rules really suck.
In my school we have to wear uniforms. It's a
navy blue, white, black or "Texas orange"(lol) polo shirt with the logo of the school on it.
Then for pants it has to be those dumb looking ones that are either navy blue or khaki. No jeans what so ever.
Also, only the girls would get away with using skinny pants.
They don't allow us to wear more than two bracelets per arm and guys are only allowed to wear a clear earring thing.
The girls can only wear two earrings per ear and hoops no bigger than a nickel. No other facial piercings.
We must wear sneakers.
Oh, and the guys' hair can't be too long and they can't have Mohawks.
Of course there's no gum.

We can't wear sweaters that aren't navy blue, have big words on them or have hoods.
Our shoelaces have to be
Black.
The guys must tuck in their shirt and wear a belt.
We don't have lockers so we all have bookbags.
We can't take out our ipods or cellphones.
Most of the teachers curse occasionally so you don't really get into trouble.
Oh, and no skirts.
We also have mandatory P.E. for which we must change into the P.E. uniform
There's lots more...
Keep in mind, my school is not a private school...
(#120 (permalink))
Old
midnight_shadow (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 09-10-2010, 09:32 PM

Ohh...I should have thought about why gum was banned. I've just always thought about how much I miss gum at school. Everyone still chews it anyway. I don't cause I don't wanna get in truoble.