Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default TDP Forums in a school setting - 03-17-2008, 07:09 PM

I have weird thoughts sometimes, so just bear with me, m'kay? XD

Imagine that these forums were a school, to which you all belong. Jessica (support) is the Principal/Headmistress, I'm the Deputy Principal/Headmistress and the mods are your teachers. The people who have been posting here ever since the old days are the prefects, and the rest of you are the regular students.

Think of a situation where you talked back to a teacher who'd just informed you of the rules. How would you react? Or maybe you've just been summoned for an interview in the Deputy Head's office. I'm telling you that you just broke one of the school rules. What is your reaction? How are you acting? Would you act differently to me in comparison to the Deputy Head or Deputy Principal of your school?

The teachers of course would be Silver Wolf Kitty, Sarah_K_O_M, dudettel, Elanorea and bunnypixie. How would you feel having them as your teachers? What subjects could you imagine each of them teaching? Post replies pertaining to the topic, please. ^^ I'd be interested to see what everyone thinks of my strange thought. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 03-17-2008, 07:33 PM

*glomps you* I'd be your fav student! Kidding, kidding.
Sarah? English?? Creative writing?

Dudettel and Kitty are fighting for position of Art Teacher in my mind. XD

Elanorea... hmm... got nothing for her; she seems too rounded to me to have any one subjest to teach.

Last edited by spirit_queen : 03-17-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Rose36 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-17-2008, 07:35 PM

Mwahahahahaha, am I allowed to be a prefect in that case? ^^; I've been coming here since 2004, after all... >.>

Intriguing thought, though I have to admit I wouldn't be quite as intimidated by you as a real vice principal. First off, the punishments aren't as severe as they might be in a school setting. Second, you are probably around my age or more likely younger than me, so that would be another factor to consider. Still, I'd respect any decision you made, especially because I trust you to be fair and mature about your responsibilities. I would feel the same way for a vice principal- though thankfully you're much easier to approach than a real one XDDD

Mods as teachers? I can see Elanorea in charge of handdrawn dolls and ensuring that people post base credits and constructive criticism. I picture her as being stern but fair, allowing for plenty of creativity in the class. Sarah_K_O_M would be a fun teacher to have because we're already friends XD She'd make a good counselor I think... this is weird to think about XD Good topic Miranda

(#4 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 03-18-2008, 01:04 AM

lol eveb though I have been on here for a while iI wouldn't be perfect I would be the class clown as always:P

I would see Silver Wolf Kitty being a Geography/ PE teacher
I would see dudettel as an art teacher
Sarah_K_O_M i would see as a math teacher
Elanorea I would see as a art teacher or a tech ed teacher
bunnypixie I am not to sure I dont see her on here much at all.

it would be weird to have them as teachers can really imagine that. some i would think to be more laid back than others

(#5 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-18-2008, 06:09 AM

Sarah + math?
XD
Wow! she's only, like, 15, I do believe, and she seemed more a language arts/creative writing teacher, if anything.
Huggles & wuggles for Sarah! <3

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-18-2008, 08:24 AM

I'd teach a class too; it would be Sociology or Psychology. XD

(#7 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-18-2008, 08:43 AM

Why not both? there aren't a lot of mods on this site, so the more subjects, the better. XD Besides, there are many teachers at my school who teach more than one subject. Actually, most of them do.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Cutebabygirl1

Default 03-20-2008, 11:34 AM

Omg where to start oh well. I would see
Miranda_ as my gym teacher
Silver Wolf Kitty as Geography teacher
Sarah_K_O_M as math
dudettel as History or English teacher
Elanorea as my art teacher
bunnypixie dont know her very well

and i would probley kitty sarah and miranda nightmara student.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 03-20-2008, 06:22 PM

No, Miranda's nice and she doesn't work in the army or have a moustache! My PE teacher definitely worked for the army at some point, and looking closely you can see she's in need of an upper-lip wax. I can imagine Silver_Wolf_Kitty as an English teacher, as long as she doesn't make us read boring things! Can we cover Frankenstein, the proper one, not some rubbish version made for eight year olds, like we are at the moment in school?

I can see Miranda as a general helper kinda thing. I can't imagine any of the mods being PE teachers and I wouldn't be taking PE anyway, since I have no co-ordination. -_- Unless we have those funny ropes and ladders we never get to use! ^_^ Then I'll just mess around on those all day, hoping I won't break my neck. xD We only just learn. History. As a subject. O.O All kinds, mainly European but sometimes world, we never seem to cover American history...
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-20-2008, 08:47 PM

Of course we'd cover the original. Whatever would make you think that I encourage the editting of classics like that? In fact, I own a copy of Frankenstein that is decades old and the original text. I'm very dedicated about purchasing unabridged copies as when it is cut down you can't really get the full depth of the story, the only exception being the Princess Bride since the author went on for pages on end about trees(though I would like a copy without the changes).

Back on topic though, I find the idea of Miranda being a gym teacher funny. In fact, it made me giggle.

Av & Sig Credit: Me