Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default cell phone - 02-16-2008, 12:41 PM

in our school were not allowed to have cells phones AT ALL. some people have them any ways and just keep them off in there purses or pockets. some times teachers catch us with them off and take them away.
i think we should be alowed to carry them as long as ther off. some times if we have after school activities and plans change u might have 2 call your parents to inform them. also for people who take the bus, if u miss the bus your gonna need 2 call some one for a ride! and if your waiting at the bus stop and some thing happens you may want to inform some one. and if you need to stay after for what ever reson you should be able to call your parents to tell them!

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xH00D_

Default 02-16-2008, 02:04 PM

the only reason schools dont allow cell phone is because, even though the rules say to keep them off at all times, people leave them on and text during class. and if your after school activity is canceled, ask your teacher to let you use their class phone. and, students might hit someone in the head with their phone(happened when i was in fourth grade). I find it unfair too, but live with it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Agreed. Plus I remember managing perfectly well without a mobile when I was at school; if I missed the bus, I just went back to school and asked to use the phone in the office to call my parents to let them know. Then I just caught the next bus. I'm sure your school will let you do likewise for important things like missing the bus or afterschool activities times; just understand that these rules are in place cuz of stupid people abusing the freedom to have phones, like Hood said, so blame them, not the school.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
xH00D_

Default 02-16-2008, 02:32 PM

my school allows phones, but they have to be in your locker and turned off.

my friend had her phone off and in her pocket, but all of a sudden the teacher heard;; "YOU'RE PHONE IS RINGING! ANWSER IT!" and it wasn't even on. she got it confiscated and got ISI for a week.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 02-19-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Swearing is against the rules, even when quoting others.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default 02-16-2008, 04:06 PM

yeah like at my school we have 1 set of busses. when ther gone ther rnt any more like city busses.

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 02-16-2008, 10:29 PM

My school has the same rule, But they don't let us use the Office phones, we have to pay. and the pay phones are always super dirty.
I went in the office on friday and asked to call my mom, I siriously felt like fainting..And she asked, Do you have money. I was like "Huh" and she said too bad. So i went to my locker and called my mom from my cell.
I din't really care if i got in trouble because it wasent my fault, they wouldent let me use the office phone.

So, although were not aloud..We still bring them to school.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 02-19-2008, 11:24 AM

We're allowed mobile phones as long as they're off during lessons and inside. We're allowed to use them outiside, which I think is one of the good things about my school.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
kezzey

Default 03-03-2008, 10:56 AM

Yeah. I mean, most of my friends have mobiles (I don't, at the moment, anyway...) and one of my friends missed the bus. She just went to the head, and asked to use the phone to tell her parents that she would be late. She rung them, and caught the next bus home. Simple as that.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Princessmeplz, no offense, but WTF. Why are you talking to yourself?

On topic:

I don't have a cell phone and probably never will; I'd rather have a plan that DOESN'T make me pay like 300 dollars a month just for the phone. In any case, my school forbids them, but sometimes I really wish I had one for emergencies, like me missing the bus. The school secretary doesn't like me.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#10 (permalink))
Old
IcePrincess48 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 5 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to IcePrincess48 Send a message via MSN to IcePrincess48
Default 03-03-2008, 03:26 PM

^ I agree.
I don't have a phone, eathier. A lot of people bring their phones into school and then they go off during class. Then, they get it taken away.
We're not suppost to use cell phones until 2:30 (the end of the day) and most people still use them.
I hate it when people are like, "Do you have a cell phone," and then I say, "No." Then they're like, "Well...you're not cool like us."
It drives me crazy!

Happy June everyone and have a happy summer!

Credits:
Avie - Cutiekins.
Doll - Me; Animated by x_____x.