Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
TechnoMayhem (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via AIM to TechnoMayhem
Default 11-09-2008, 08:19 AM

We can have phones as long as they are quiet and not in view of the teachers eyes.
My friends always assign this dog whistle like ring tone for their phones.
It was ****ing off our friend.
But write out a detailed paragraph as to why cell phones should be allowed, and make it mature, give it to your principal and some things might changee~

You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Chicken_pie15 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-11-2008, 04:17 PM

My school allowed cellphones as long as they were used before or after school, and they had to be left in the lockers. The main opposition to cell phones in school is that students use them to cheat on tests. Students still had them in class regardless. However, if there was an emergency, some teachers would let the students use the phones, as long as the student asked.
My school had no payphones, unless you crossed the incredibly busy main street to the convenience store, in which the clerk was shot and killed a couple of years ago. So I don't think payphones are the best idea for every situation. Also students, especially if we're talking about middle school students, always need to be cautious. If it was my child, I would not tell him or her to find a payphone in case of an emergency.
I do agree however, that seeking out an office phone ON school premises is ALWAYS the best idea. And if the secretaries give you a hard time, then don't be mean back, try to seek out another phone on school premises, in a classroom for example.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default 01-01-2009, 10:46 PM

yay people are still using the thread i posted a while ago! *clap clap*
my friend recently got caught with one...he only got yelled at to turn it off though, he was lucky.

my mom went to this meeting on why kids should be allowed cellphones. some of the things that i thought were good points were:
-being kept after school and not being able to use the office phone.
-the bus being late to pick kids up from bus stops
-forgetting books/assingments and not being able to use the office phones

i live in new england so my favorite one was the one about closing early. in the winter we get sooo much snow. sometimes we get let out of school a few hours early if theres a storm coming. we can use the office phone to call our parents about it, but the line gets wicked long for using it. we have over 1000 kids in my middle school and we're not able to use cell phones to tell our parents about it being closed! so, i just go to the bathroom and text my mom to let her know, but some kids arents so lucky!

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!

(#34 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-02-2009, 06:51 PM

My school allows cell phones as long as they're off and in our backpacks. We can only use them to call our parents after school, and if we're ever caught with them, we're in DEEEEEPPPPP trouble O-o. Once a kid's cell phone rang from his desk, and my teacher yelled at him. Scariness.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#35 (permalink))
Old
QUELASTiMAx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to QUELASTiMAx
Default 01-17-2009, 12:47 PM

We are allowed to have phones, also. But they have to be off & be where the teachers can't see them. If your caught with it the 1st time, sometimes they will give it back to you the next day or They will tell your parents to pick it up. One basic reason why phones aren't allowed because of, If there is a big test like the test we have here in Florida called FCAT and people use their phone's calculator to cheat or another reason to text your friends the answer to a question. The most wierdest reason is because, you might take pictures of the test? I seriously don't get that reason. Oh, well.

You played me
Betrayed me
Your love was nothing but a game
Portrait a role
You took control,
I couldn't help but fall
So deep
But now I see things clear