Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Unhappy Subsitutes.. - 11-21-2007, 02:33 PM

One time, we had a sub for science and she was real hardcore. Detention x3 for passing a note (thats neccecary) and if you get a question wrong. What do I do if she comes back? I don't know. What are your stories?

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-21-2007, 05:57 PM

Boo hoo. Substitutes are different from class to class.

You're not supposed to be passing notes anyway.

And it's the teacher's fault for not being in school.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NeoNova

Default 11-21-2007, 06:44 PM

I hate most subs. Except for my friend's mom, she's the best sub ever. There are good subs but most of them seem to be eeeeeevil... . I once got a lunch detention for doing other work after completing my assignments... I hate substitute bus drivers even more than substitute teachers, the drivers seem to be complete idiots. Okay, nobody's expecting you to know where every stop is. But can't you even at least have a map of the route? jeez...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 11-21-2007, 08:56 PM

I had a substitute once well this was actually three weeks ago and I finished my work early because she would seriously would not stop talking she talked the whole class and then when I was finished she yelled at me and told me all my work was wrong :l

(#5 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 11-28-2007, 04:35 PM

I think sub's are mis-judged. Most of them are really nice if you get past the peer presure to 'hate' subs. Wich I don't get, Its no diffrent from your regular teacher. Just that this persons' new and may not know you as much. Maybe from thier past expirences of being a sub they think they have to crack down all laws (rules).Just Try and listen, be respetful and do as your told and you won't have a problem.
And If being 'cool' means being really mean to a humane being whos just tring to do her job. Then I think they are not kool, the person who stands up to that and defends the teacher is.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-28-2007, 04:41 PM

Actually, beware, some subs ARE mean as hell for no reason. I had a substitute back in middle school, first period for a week, and I excused myself a dozen times to get OUT. She was the nastiest sub I'd ever had - she put us on a chapter we weren't supposed to be on for months, and everyone failed the test because we simply didn't understand it. She wrote everything on the board before we came in, then wouldn't explain it when someone asked nicely.

Some subs just expect kids to be geniuses. It ain't happening.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-28-2007, 04:50 PM

I LOVE subs! My latest English sub was so stupid. She was nice, but so easy to prank. This one guy said he was five different people when she called out attendance and she didn't notice. XD

Of course, she went to the principal and said we were loud, arrogant and ignorant child-like teens with the maturity of a kindergarten class... Lol.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 12-10-2007 at 03:12 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 01-16-2008, 07:01 AM

My year 12 literature teacher had cancer and during her chemo we had this awful sub. The play we were studdying at the time was an exam test, we had to know it back to front, inside out, we had to know everything and anything about it and remember wuotes word for word without aid. She hadnt even read it. She didnt get it. She listened to her ipod during class and the first lesson she came in, she opened the book that the play was in to the wrong play and started teaching it. I was so lucky that it was an exam test for my classical societies class aswell, otherwise I would ahve been *****ed.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 01-16-2008, 11:16 PM

lol I never had a problem with the teacher cause I am always in a class with a bunch of jerks that make them cry before they can get mad at the class

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-17-2008, 07:18 AM

Ha. The class I was in when I was at school used to chew subs up and spit them out. We once had a sub run out of the class in tears after we'd turned all the desks around so they were facing the wrong way; the headmaster took the class after that and we got a right telling off. We used to hide the lesson plan or clean it off the blackboard too and hide all the white chalk.

The good subs would try and work with us, rather than against us; like one we had a lot that used to play games with us, like French Hangman or quiz games when half the class would play against the others. She was great.