Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
koolus9 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-08-2007, 03:19 PM

Wow after reading everybody else's I feel weird.

Ummm Im in a delayed entry for the airforce... I'm studying criminal justice and forensics, aready have most of the criminal justice credits I need then I'm going to be a forensic investigator and continue school till I can be a forensic pathologist.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Khazi

Default 11-20-2007, 09:06 AM

I also like to become investigator. Because they are very cool
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 11-20-2007, 11:31 PM

I plan on attending this designing school up in Boston once I graduate school, then after I get my degree there I will start getting my name out there. Fashion shows, website, things like that. Probably network my clothes to a few local botiques.
But, if everyone hates my clothing ideas then I'll probably get married and settle down in a nice little Boston suburb.
I don't actually live in Boston, but I really like it there. Ha ha.

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 11-20-2007, 11:33 PM

1:Hairdresser
2 : Doctor
3:Pre-School Teacher
4:Photographer

but my mind changes like I change my nail polish colour (WHICH IS OFTEN)

(#35 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 11-21-2007, 01:46 PM

Listen to this. Four years of school is nothing compared to a veterinarian.
My mom printed this off a site, but I don't know the URL.

Preparation Advice:
"Students interested in a career in veterinary medicine should begin their preparation by doing well in general science and biology in junior high school. They need to take a strong science, math, and biology program in high school. To be considered for admission to a college of veterinary medicine, a student must complete undergraduate preveterinary medical coursework, which usually includes three to four years of college study, with specific course requirements. EAch college of veterinary medicine establishes its own preveterinary requirements. Typical requirements include basic language and communication skills, social sciences, humanities, mathematics, chemistry, and the biological and physical science."

So you start working towards this in middle school. So, probably 8th grade. you carry it through high school, so that adds four more years.

Three to four years of undergrad study at a college, and then you have to go to grad school for up to ten years to get a license to either own your own practice, or to work at one.

So...up to twenty years, starting in middle school. Ending in grad school. And it says many vets continue their education so they keep their licenses.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-10-2007, 03:06 PM

If anyone else posts in here that someone can't be what they are aspiring to be, I will shower my wrath upon them. I can not stand you guys being so rude to others just because its their dreams. If someone wants to write or model or design, its certainly not your place to tell them they can't because they don't meet your requirements. You aren't the overlords of the world, so it doesn't really matter what you guys think are requirements.

Sorry for that. Anyways, I have officially decided on pursuing forensic psychology. Not much sure where the field is going to take me, but my grandmother is currently joking about me becoming a detective, which is appealing to say the least.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Hannahmontanagurl123456 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 14 Votes / 4.36 Average
Default 12-10-2007, 03:11 PM

Yeah.
Im not sure if i posted on here or not..
its been so long since ive been back on here posting.
I want to be a vet and i know its really hard.=[
I just want to do something with animals.
I adore them.
Like i could work at a shelter, or something.
-Erica<3

Do.You.Remember.When
Getting high only meant swinging on the playground
The worst things boys could do was give you cooties
Wearing Skirts didnt mean you were bad
war was just a card game
Life was carefree
Its silly looking back on all of this and remembering
That all we ever wanted to do was grow up
(#38 (permalink))
Old
IcePrincess48 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 5 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to IcePrincess48 Send a message via MSN to IcePrincess48
Default 12-10-2007, 03:13 PM

I want to be a chef.
I love cooking and eating food!
lol
And all the time I help my mom and my dad make dinner.
I usually help my mom make cakes and my dad help dinner.
(my mom is more of a cake person and my dad is more of a dinner person)

Happy June everyone and have a happy summer!

Credits:
Avie - Cutiekins.
Doll - Me; Animated by x_____x.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-26-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
If anyone else posts in here that someone can't be what they are aspiring to be, I will shower my wrath upon them. I can not stand you guys being so rude to others just because its their dreams. If someone wants to write or model or design, its certainly not your place to tell them they can't because they don't meet your requirements. You aren't the overlords of the world, so it doesn't really matter what you guys think are requirements.
I know. Urgh. No one's posted at me yet, I don't think, but I've had THREE teachers telling me I can't be a freelance novelist unless I have a degree in English. An answer to that from me is a hell no; I am NOT wasting four full years of my life dealing with a subject I suck in.

Being a sign language interpreter is something I'd like to do as long as it doesn't require too much extensive traveling, but that would require another four years due to the fact that in 2012 they're making a bachelor's degree the required... uh. Thing. (Not sure what the proper word is, sorry! ^^; ) instead of the original associate's. I can handle that, because I have fun with sign language and it's something I'm fairly adept at doing; though I do have a problem with "stammering". Meaning: My arm jumps around during finger spelling, minor hand signs, etc.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Agent_saf (Offline)
Silent

Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via MSN to Agent_saf
Default 01-03-2008, 02:14 PM

Now thats hard ok i want to be a doctor