Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#91 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-15-2014, 02:33 AM

WOOO CHI-CITY! Loyola is a pretty great school (when we did a campus tour last year, I was pretty sure my mom wanted to apply herself I liked it, but Carthage offered me money xD). And I bleed purple as half of my dad's side of the family went to Northwestern (I was wait-listed and didn't apply second time around; a bit too expensive anyway).

I'mma be an RA this year! I'm so nervacited!

Also neuroscience is actually way more boring than I thought it would be since it boils down to impulses regulated at the cellular level by sodium-potassium pumps and second-messenger cascades and research is the boringest thing ever.

But I get to take a class on cognition this semester, and I have a feeling that that will really hold my interest since it's sort of an application of what physically goes on in your neurons and how that becomes your consciousness. Fascinating!

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 08-15-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Smile Changing my future - 08-15-2014, 04:13 PM

I'm 28 years old and I am going back to school this fall for Accounting. Currently, I am a licensed Cosmetologist and have worked at prestigious salons. However, I find that it consumed my entire life. Working 12+ hours a day left me physically and emotionally exhausted. I could barely muster the energy to give my amazing boyfriend the affection he deserves. One day I want children.. and I couldn't see myself being able to balance that sort of life within that sort of work culture. So, here I am.. Starting all over.. but I couldn't be more excited. I will always enjoy cosmetology, it will not be the source of my livelihood.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 08-29-2014, 02:17 AM

^ But I'm sure it was fun getting to create all those looks on different people, right?

I'm not sure yet, actually. I decided no college for me; no more stress. But people keep bugging me about it and I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life so I'm thinking about it. I really want to go to school for dance. Problem is, I'm not what most colleges want so dance programs are very limited to me. I found like, three schools that cater to my dance skills. (I'm not a ballet dancer like schools want.)

Because of that, I'm thinking of either music, fashion design or cosmetology, but I just can't give up on dance at the same time. But then again, I'm awful with stress and I don't want to waste time on math and other classes so no high school repeats for me.

All I know for now is that I want to move to California and work at Disneyland to be honest, even if people say it's 'not a real job.'

“Morning, sunshine."
Vlad blinked at her. "Morning, sulfuric acid."
"Pardon me?"
"Well, isn't it just kinda wrong to call a vampire 'sunshine'?”
(#94 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 08-29-2014, 09:45 AM

^Of course!!! The one thing that I love about Cosmetology is that you get to creativity. However, the thing that I love the most is that you have the opportunity to change someone's feelings about themselves. I would never think of myself as a "Cosmetologist" but more as an "Image Therapist". This goes beyond hair and makeup and transcends into wardrobe as well. I used to manage a plus size clothing store(Torrid) and found it very emotionally rewarding. I love to make people SEE the best of themselves.

If you are considering cosmetology, it's not the actual cosmetology that's stressful (that part is great). It's the environment and the people in the field. It's soo cut throat and the people can be vicious. Now, I am a champ at dealing with that crap. However, it takes it's toll. I got to a point that where I would shut myself off after I left the salon. I was grumpy... fatigued... and I felt empty. It took everything out of me.

I want to marry my wonderful boyfriend and have children.. I couldn't see that future for myself in cosmetology.

College isn't for everyone, but I wouldn't say no to it completely. Give yourself some time to think about what you really want to do. In my experience, you can get a job anywhere. And you can climb the ladder. However, at some point, you will hit a wall. When it comes to climbing the ladder, the higher you are...the higher their expectations become. Including a college degree.

Oh, and you should TOTALLY go work at Disney Land. Have that experience. It's quite the franchise and I am sure you could learn a lot from it.

(#95 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-31-2014, 09:53 PM

I'm a senior I'm high school so the most common questions I'm asked are 'Where are you going to college?' and 'What are you going to be?' Honestly I have no clue. Which probably isn't good. For the longest time I wanted to be a graphic designer, but there's just so much competition. I also love children so I thought about elementary education or an art teacher. But then again, I've always been good with science and chemistry so why not a doctor or pharmacist. There's too many paths to go down. In the end I don't really care about money. I just don't wanna be 30 years into a job and realize I hate it.

(#96 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-06-2014, 12:31 AM

Both of you, both of you! Go to community college first; it'll help you hone in on where your true passions lie without an enormous price-tag. And Christie, you should look into the "Disney College Program"; they higher college-age students to "intern" for them at one of the parks, and there are a wide variety of different capacities a "cast member" can work in. I know at least 4 or 5 people who have done the program.

(#97 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 09-06-2014, 12:18 PM

I'm in community college hell :/

(#98 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-07-2014, 09:50 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like it's more incompetence on the administration end of things than anything else, though.

(#99 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 09-07-2014, 03:15 PM

Ayup!!! I fear that my classes will be cancelled cause they have yet to accept my student loan. Its ridiculous!