Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Lightbulb 11-14-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva_Banana_Mad View Post
My french teacher is really strange the other day she made us say random verbs in french which we didn't even know and there was a word like pouvere or something and we weren't really concentrating so we just mumbled it. Anyway we said it wrong and this is what she said. "You're not concentrating today girls it's POO-VERE!" and suddenly everybody bursted out laughing!
That's not a french verb o.O.. I think she might have meant pauvre - poor, or ouvert - to open.
Anyways, I have had my share of weird/mean teachers. But there is this one, my english teacher, (she is fairly old like, 60's) who some days is all nice one minute, and mad the next. She often forgets what she was saying and twirls her hair while looking out the window for 10 minutes. She was also my 4th grade teacher. One time, she wasted our entire 1 hour library period sitting on the computer while everyone waited quietly and patiently. Then we asked her why we didn't get to go and she said because we were loud and not paying attention, when no one said a word and read quietly..

Last edited by Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX : 11-14-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-16-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_Pixie_Dust_Dispenser_xX View Post
That's not a french verb o.O.. I think she might have meant pauvre - poor, or ouvert - to open.
Anyways, I have had my share of weird/mean teachers. But there is this one, my english teacher, (she is fairly old like, 60's) who some days is all nice one minute, and mad the next. She often forgets what she was saying and twirls her hair while looking out the window for 10 minutes. She was also my 4th grade teacher. One time, she wasted our entire 1 hour library period sitting on the computer while everyone waited quietly and patiently. Then we asked her why we didn't get to go and she said because we were loud and not paying attention, when no one said a word and read quietly..
It was something like that it was probably just random french words
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Miss L-Z and Mrs Herd - 11-17-2008, 09:51 AM

When I was in third grade, Miss Barrera (Now Mrs. Carrera) had to go to a conference somewhere in Wisconsin, so she was out for two full days. She somehow managed to hire two of the most annoying subs existing, and those include Miss Lin-Zaga and Mrs. Herd. Lets start w/ Miss Lin-Zaga. She was very fond of saying 'shut up' to kids. My friend got up to get some water, and Umbridge (you Harry Potter fans know what I'm talking about) suddenly yells "SHUT UP! WHAT ARE YOU? PRINCESS OF THE CLASSROOM?" My friend was just drinking freaking water! Later, my friend and I were on the computer. When I tried to help him, she screamed "SHUT UP! KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER!" My sister, who was in second grade at the time, had an even worse experience playing basketball with her! Then there was Mrs. Herd. She made, no she forced, us to all go to the bathroom together. She wore a red wig that she had to keep adjusting, and when she taught math, you couldn't help taking a snooze. During recess, we had to stay inside because it was cold, and she took out a book. Our recess was only 15 minutes, but when we looked at the clock, it had been 30 minutes. We tried to tell her, but she told us to go away 'cuz she was reading. After an hour, the bell rang and the room was a mess. She said it the cleanest room she had seen in a long time.
I was terribly frightened that subs like this exist.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM

My history teacher is definitely weird, but he's hilarious. He's one of the best teachers my school has ever had (no joke, just ask anyone who's had him. I don't think anybody hates him. O_o) and almost everybody who's been in his class has passed with a pretty high A. Plus, he doesn't take bull from anybody; you cause trouble in his class (speaking out, being annoying) you're out. And I mean, OUT. You're not allowed back in until the next school year.

Anyway! Yesterday the first thing we did was have a quiz on the 50 states. Mind you, I have not had a single class on specifically the states since I was seven. I remember literally nothing. The states I remembered were:

Colorado
Wyoming
Alaska
Hawai'i
West Virginia
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
North Dakota
South Dakota
Florida
Georgia
California
Texas
Nevada
Utah
Oregon
Washington
Maryland

And I got Vermont mixed up with Montana. In fact, I was so sure Vermont was Montana that I yelled 'Vermont'. The class practically busted a gut laughing. I'm not gonna lie, I was embarrassed beyond belief, but it was just so funny! Mr. S just shook his head and said, "She really must've thought that's what it was, the way she yelled that! 'Vermooont!' " What a smart-butt. XD

Then you've got my Adv. Chemistry teacher, he was born and raised in the Ukraine. ^^ He's won a lot of awards for his teaching methods (and he's been ridiculed by parents for the explosion experiments, believe me), and after just one day I know the class is going to be a fun challenge.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#45 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-24-2009, 06:37 PM

XD My most whacky-fun teachers have been my science teachers for Freshman year and Sohpomore year, and my math teacher for Sophomore year.

Freshaman year I had Mr. Salzwimmer. He is a nerd, but not in the normal sense. Yes, he loves Star wars and stuff, but he also has a diabolical mind. XD Sometimes these Seniors would come inot the classroom and challenge him to a mock sword fight or wrestling, and these guyes looked like football or baseball players. Salz ALWAYS won. XD It was so fun to watch!

My Sohpomore year biology teacher was so funny. XD She has the goofyneess of a three-year old, and would dance aorund on her heels and act like a ditz.

My math teacher Mr. Kern was the best. XD he would quote random things in the middle of class, talk about video games, and made math fun. Believe you me, it's not easy to make math fun for me; I hate math!

(#46 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-28-2009, 10:14 AM

My english teacher is such a weirdo. XD As I said in Utter Randomness, she made a point to say she would stay after school and write the next day's objectives on the board because we WOULD BE IN SCHOOL. Emphasis on the cap words. She's so hyper too, how can anyone be hyper at eight in the morning? O.o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#47 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-28-2009, 02:41 PM

oh, god. my tech teacher. but i only have him once for 6 weeks each year. everyone says he's a perv. idk. i still wear sweatshirts in that class...

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#48 (permalink))
Old
x_Minney_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Default 02-15-2009, 10:48 AM

My English teacher [male] giggles like a three year old, not being mean, but it is really freaky. I mean, when he writes something on the board wrong he'll giggle, stamp his foot kidishly and then sort it out.
Theres nothing wrong with him in the health way but, yeah.

Oh and when i was in like year 2 [english] my teacher was kind of weird. She always found something wrong with my work, like colour in the white bits and even though i was like six she told me to start something again. Girls and boys in my class were joking and thinking she was an alien and she kept like an alien body in the teacher's cupboard [there was a cupboard in each classroom].

Last edited by x_Minney_x : 02-15-2009 at 10:51 AM.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-16-2009, 07:21 PM

A teacher I had in secondary school was a total weirdo. He taught Geography, and I swear, the "History Of Magic" teacher Professor Binns out of the Harry Potter books was based on him. O_o This guy could have put sleeping pills out of business, he was so boring. He'd stand up next to a blackboard covered with writing and just drone on and on all lesson. By the time the bell rang, most of the class would be asleep; and he'd never notice. XD

(#50 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Default 03-01-2009, 09:09 PM

We have this sub named Mr. Feiyie, and he is literally insane. He always wears a suit with a pen behind his left ear, and whenever you talk to him you have to shake his hand and state your name. He reads this one book "HOW TO BE AN EFFECTIVE TEACHER" over and over again, and whenever he's done explaining something he says "Questions or Comments?" in such a weird way you just wanna knock a tooth out o' him.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.