Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-18-2011, 08:28 PM

Hogwarts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-18-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover642 View Post
Is it bad that I already know the top 3 places I want to go at 13 years old? No particular order.

1. Texas A&M University
2. Rice University
3. University of Pensylvania

I really want to work somewhere in the field of forensic science or crime scene investigation. I am considering working in the field of toxicology because I find it very interesting.
Pst, John Jay College in NYC. Legit the best school for that.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-19-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Pst, John Jay College in NYC. Legit the best school for that.
I'd love to attend college in New York, but I'm afraid my parents want me to stay in Texas because in state tuition is cheaper apparently. They're also saying if I go to school far away I'm going to get "home sick", which I personally don't believe I will. Another issue is I might get too cold since I'm accustomed to very hot temperatures and not very cold ones. But, its my dream to go to college in New York.

(#74 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-24-2011, 12:27 AM

Its not as bad as all that, especially the weather although it only really has two seasons: summer where you sweat to death and winter where you have constant slush in your shoes and ice on the sidewalks. My father was pretty hesitant about NYC too, but you have a few years to wear them down Good grades can do wonders for the costs (the college covers my tuition so I only pay for my housing and bills), you never know, it actually might be cheaper.

(#75 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2011, 09:54 PM

It seems like a very nice school. The one aspect I like about it is that it seems like a smaller school, so that means the classers are smaller. I can't really pay attention with a class full of a lot of people, so it would be a nice learning enviroment.

(#76 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-26-2011, 10:52 PM

Yeah, that's why I like it. Very few of the classes are those huge lecture types and even those are like 60-80 people (much better than hundred plus, yuck). The one thing though that makes it really different from other colleges is because its a commuter college (meaning all of the students travel there and there really isn't a set campus in the sense of a traditional college with lawns and dorms), there isn't a "community" at the college. No one really knows anyone (except for some honors programs), there aren't really any frats or sororities(plus for me), or campus parties or anything like that. You find your own group.

There are some dorm style places that fill that void, but you still have to search people out and go for it. It was tough my first year, but now I'm settled into a small group of my drug using, science nerd roommate (and her stream of indian lovers), our constantly single, g.ay neighbor, and the awkward russian guy I've been corrupting on the first floor with my evil party ways *and Lady Gaga*. This year me and my roommate are totally going to attempt to track down Rupaul in the bar scene, which I'm really excited about. And there are always parties, concerts, parks, bakeries, all sorts of things to see and do. Once you have some peeps, you can make it easily in NYC.

(#77 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM

I am changing my mind! I would love to do the Disney collage progarm and make dancing my future! If not, I would to go to Westwood, I'd still like to work at Disneyland of course~

Kivat!
Kivatte Ikuze!
Henshin
Gabu
(#78 (permalink))
Old
FlowersFall (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-16-2012, 05:09 PM

I want to go to college to be a veterinarian. I decided to take a year break after high school tho, but I'm going to Cincinnati State next year which is a 2 year college. Then I'm going to the University of Cincinnati. (:
It helps when you have family memeber who work there, so thier helping me get in. ^^
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-04-2012, 01:47 PM

I currently I have my sights set on Northwestern University. It has a beautiful campus and is within 30 mins of Chicago, depending which way you take to get there. Plus, it is a great school.

(#80 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-05-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover642 View Post
I currently I have my sights set on Northwestern University. It has a beautiful campus and is within 30 mins of Chicago, depending which way you take to get there. Plus, it is a great school.
He.ll yeah it is! Now that my cousin has graduated we have 20 degrees on my dad's side of the family from NU.

So you're not stuck in Texas anymore? My parents want me to look at other in-state schools to transfer to (NU doesn't count cause it's a private school) because of money issues...but Northwestern and maybe Loyola are the only schools in Illinois I'd ever really want to go to.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 08-05-2012 at 06:52 PM.