Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-28-2010, 07:01 PM

I just got back from visiting U of M. It's bumped NU out of the top spot. I absolutely love Ann Arbor! Everything just felt right about my visit. I mean, I started to get choked up during the 10 minute informational propaganda video, and I had no idea what that was, but I think it might have been and "Aha!" moment. The student tour guide was very nice and answered most of our questions, the campus itself is absolutely beautiful, I have family that live ten minutes away from the university that said I could come stay with them at any time, I just need to call and they'll pick me up, even if it's at 2 in the morning.

Also, we got a more in-depth tour of some parts of the campus. I'm on the drumline at my school, and I'd like to continue in college. Well, while we were walking around Revelli Hall, who should we run into but the drumline instructor himself? He answered a couple questions, but he had somewhere to be, but he stopped to give me the exercise packet and handbook for this year's drumline. He said my audition started "now" and continues until sometime in August 2011. It's evidently a very long process...

We went up to North Campus and peeked inside the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance, and we heard a group practicing! Turns out they were a summer camp made up of high school students, but they sounded really good.

Ann Arbor itself is an awesome city. So many things to do, places to eat, people to meet. There are plenty of jobs available for students, too

We also looked at MSU in East lansing, and that was fine. Nothing like what happened at U of M, though. I suppose it could be my "safety school" if i don't get into U of M. Oh, and the give need and merit based scholarships, which NU doesn't do. So I might actually be able to afford it...fingers crossed. It costs something like $45,000 a year for out of state students, which is still cheaper than NU, but I could really use that scholarship money.

Also, the Law Quad IS Hogwarts. No questions about it. I'll post a few links to some pictures so you can see what I mean: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2081/...318ee34620.jpg
http://museum.msu.edu/museum/msgc/ot..._exterior2.jpg
http://www.visitannarbor.org/images/...ity-medium.jpg
The inside, just to prove my point: http://www.law.umich.edu/newsandinfo.../images/m2.jpg

So, yeah. Go Blue!

(ps, I've determined that Wolverines, the animals, looks like were-badgers.
Stop Pop Culture BADGER VS WOLVERINE)

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-30-2010, 01:11 PM

Right now, I am planning to get into UC Berkeley, my sisters current school. Go Bears whoop whoop!!

viva espana
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
karatekid12365 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-30-2010, 01:49 PM

I'd REALLY like to go to SCAD (Savanna College for Art and Design) but I'd be happy to to the Art Institutes as well. c: I plan to major in 2D animation, but it'll probably change to 3D since that's become more popular.

Alfred F. Jones

Supplying the world with awesomeness since 1774.
Sig by me, yo!
(#54 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM

Ooo! I'm going nowhere fascinating...at all...period. xD

A community college for my Associates, and Nevada State College for my RN to BSN accelerated program. For me, it's all about how quickly, and how cheap.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#55 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 02-07-2011, 07:47 PM

Vancouver Art Institute.
Or the Los Angeles Instute of Art.
I'm going to pastry school~

baby, you got me. ♥
(#56 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimaie View Post
Vancouver Art Institute.
Or the Los Angeles Instute of Art.
I'm going to pastry school~
Looking for fun in the sun? Mine is going to be fun in the desert, lol. Though, you're already in CA right?

Ooo, a pastry school. That's one of the many thins I wanted to do when I was older. I was very ambitious, and wanted it all. I wanted to be a cook/baker, a photographer, a lawyer, a therapist, a nurse, etc, etc.

Now I'm thinking I want to be a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. 1 step under a doctor, and I'll work with infants. Hopefully I'll stick with this route, because it'll be rewarding to save an infant's life and care for those that were healthy to begin with. ^^

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#57 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-08-2011, 07:11 PM

Still wanna go to Ball State (it's a half an hour away from my dad's house) or some college in Canada.

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
(#58 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 02-08-2011, 09:27 PM

I so want to go to Juilliard! What, aiming to high? If not, Westwood.

Henshin
MomoUraKinRyu
Climax Form
(#59 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 02-08-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess View Post
Looking for fun in the sun? Mine is going to be fun in the desert, lol. Though, you're already in CA right?

Ooo, a pastry school. That's one of the many thins I wanted to do when I was older. I was very ambitious, and wanted it all. I wanted to be a cook/baker, a photographer, a lawyer, a therapist, a nurse, etc, etc.

Now I'm thinking I want to be a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. 1 step under a doctor, and I'll work with infants. Hopefully I'll stick with this route, because it'll be rewarding to save an infant's life and care for those that were healthy to begin with. ^^

Hahaha, yeah I've already had 11 years of fun in the sun here in Cali.

baby, you got me. ♥
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 02-09-2011, 06:21 PM

Texas A&M University.

http://www.ynotpray.com/family/photo...veille-VII.jpg