Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 04-09-2007, 05:47 PM

Dress codes have to be put into place or girls would come looking like terrible, and guys would probably come in their boxers.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-22-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
miluiel_she_elf (Offline)
Professional

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 3.29 Average
Default 04-11-2007, 09:15 PM

I think of it as more of an equalizer. If everyone wears the same thing, at least clothes won't be an issue anymore. We don't have uniforms at my school.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-12-2007, 04:04 PM

But, school uniforms are VERY costly to buy. Some schools require you to buy them directly from the school instead of from the nearest uniform supplier, which means you end up spending a bajillion dollars more than you would normally.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 04-12-2007, 04:17 PM

I personally like uniforms, though mine always makes me feel like a whale.
A good uniform can last for years too, I've had the same school jumper, skirt and jacket for three years now.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-12-2007, 04:19 PM

Over here in America, the uniforms they make don't last long at all. When I was little and I had to wear one once, the jacket tore into pieces after six GENTLE washings. O_o

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-12-2007, 04:33 PM

You have a point, but no one considers thinking about the people who don't have enough money to buy brand new clothes. I just buy whatever's cheap enough; I found some cute clothes at a thrift store that you would normally have to spend fifty for at a normal store.

Halestorm
(#7 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-31-2007, 07:06 AM

Dress codes can be good, but also bad. They take away our creativity and our indiviuality. But they also help in bullying. There is just one problem. No matter what school officals do, there will always be bullying.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 07-21-2007, 02:19 PM

We don't have a school uniform at my school and I guess it works pretty well.Not many people dress inappropriatly and it has cut down on the time teachers have to spend on telling students to wear their uniform correctly.
Also it allows people to express their personality more and I think it maybe makes students feel more respected therefore they respect the school more which is good.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#9 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-10-2007, 03:13 AM

My school doesn't care. Thank gosh. They don't care about anything, really.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
LadyVampire (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default Newbie - 09-11-2007, 08:38 PM

i hate all dress codes because i don't want to dress like everybody else and some of the school colors look stupid together.