Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 04-09-2007, 05:47 PM

Dress codes have to be put into place or girls would come looking like terrible, and guys would probably come in their boxers.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-22-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
miluiel_she_elf (Offline)
Professional

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 3.29 Average
Default 04-11-2007, 09:15 PM

I think of it as more of an equalizer. If everyone wears the same thing, at least clothes won't be an issue anymore. We don't have uniforms at my school.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-12-2007, 04:04 PM

But, school uniforms are VERY costly to buy. Some schools require you to buy them directly from the school instead of from the nearest uniform supplier, which means you end up spending a bajillion dollars more than you would normally.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 04-12-2007, 04:17 PM

I personally like uniforms, though mine always makes me feel like a whale.
A good uniform can last for years too, I've had the same school jumper, skirt and jacket for three years now.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-12-2007, 04:19 PM

Over here in America, the uniforms they make don't last long at all. When I was little and I had to wear one once, the jacket tore into pieces after six GENTLE washings. O_o

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Professional

Default 04-12-2007, 04:21 PM

^^^But not that much more expensive than having to buy a whole bunch of clothes otherwise, and believe me, almost everyone does it at the beginning of the school year.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-12-2007, 04:33 PM

You have a point, but no one considers thinking about the people who don't have enough money to buy brand new clothes. I just buy whatever's cheap enough; I found some cute clothes at a thrift store that you would normally have to spend fifty for at a normal store.

Halestorm
(#8 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 04-12-2007, 07:27 PM

Uniforms, pros and cons:

Pros:

Keep everything clean and suttle.
Makes the school look more professional.
Oh gawd...we had a huge debate about this. I may have to get that sheet and make a new message. Overall, people agreed that we should have uniforms. A lot of people where belt-like skirts and spaghetti-strap tanks (well, the girls, obviously), and boys have shoes the size of elephant feet. In my opinion, uniforms keep everything straight, suttle, and professional-looking. People have too much originality, and people should NOT be known by the way we dress. Uniforms will make it easier to like people because of their personality, not their appearance. Kids have started making first impressions based on how tight a girl's shirt is and how skimpy her skirt, and for boys, they look for cute hair, eyes, and brand name shirts. If they have those, heck! They are perfect. They don't, crush them, smush them, make them feel like outcasts, because THEY ARE!

No, that last part is not my opinion, it is the opinion of some of kids at my school. I, personally, would love school uniforms if the tops weren't tight. They make me feel small and insignificant, something I was taught NOT to feel.

I will find that sheet and post it. It is really good.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Professional

Default 04-12-2007, 08:16 PM

Hmmm...I don't know. Workplaces are for proffessionals. I don't think students have to be. I think they need the attitude and determination of proffessionals to do well, but I don't think they have to be proffessionals.

Wow...I don't know what I think about uniforms anymore. There's pros and cons. I guess it's up the school. I know I'd be pretty much indifferent to them, but it's a rather complicated issue. So many other arguments (and I mean the constructive kind) can be raised when you start talking about uniforms. Individuality, self-expression, freedom...it all gets jumbled up.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2007, 06:21 AM

The way I'm looking at it, uniforms are a huge waste of money, both for students and schools. The schools have to pay to get them made, which can cost a LOT, and then they charge per item of clothing for the uniforms if they're the ones selling it. Which means the students have to pay over 400 dollars at times.

Also, it doesn't matter about what clothes make first impressions; in the end people find out how much of a jerk John Doe is, or how rude Jane Doe is.

Halestorm

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 12-10-2007 at 03:56 PM.