Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 12-06-2007, 10:06 PM

oh my that sounds horrible!!!(the skirt/kilt part ^^) I hope our school never gets uniforms like skirts because I will freeze to death >,<

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 01-20-2008, 03:43 AM

All Australian schools are uniformed (except for a fancy shmancy expensive ones)

Our uniform was shocking.

Summer:
Navy tartan dress with white dcollar and cuffs
White knee-high socks
Black lace-up shoes
School regulation hair ties
(optional sun hat that no-one wore)
When out of school grounds, navy blazer with school emblem

Winter:
White shirt
Blue tartan skirt
Maroon umper (Navy witth schoo, emblem for the graduating year)
Navy knee-high socks or navy stockings
Black lace-up shoes
School regulation hair ties
When out of school grounds, navy blazer with school emblem, navy scarf and navy gloves
(option school raincoat)

Summer sports: (cannot be worn out of school, must be brought in maroon sports bag with school emblem and be changed into then out of before leaving)
Pale blue polo with maroon school emblem
Maroon shorts
White socks with school emblem
Runners with white soles (no street shoes)
Maroon hat with pale blue "A" (first name of the school)

Winter sports: (can be worn out of school grounds, yay)
Pale blue and maroon rugby jumper
Maroon pants with school emblem
White socks with school emblem
Runners with white soles (no street shoes)
When outside of school, white, maroon and pale blue spicer jacket

We also had regulation school bathers and regulation school backpack.

Hair may be dyed, but must be dyed a natural colour (one of blonde, ginger, black or brown) if hair is an unnatural colour the year co-ordinator has packets of dark brown hair dye and has the right to dye your hair during recess or lunch. Hair must be tied back at all times.

No make-up, tinted moisturiser or nailpolish, year co-ordinator has the right to wash your face by force.

No jewlery otherwise it is confiscated and donated to the Salvation Army op shop, if you wan tit back, you may have a chance to buy it back after school, provided someone hasnt bought it yet.

Last edited by Kiani : 01-20-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-10-2008, 02:58 PM

My high school has a dress code, they just don't really use it. I HATE uniforms because they just show conformity. No everyone's the same, and they should dress to show how they feel and what they're like. Uniforms don't give you that option.

I go by, "If some people want to dress like sl'uts and want to be more likely to be raped, go ahead. It's their life, it's their choice."
(#44 (permalink))
Old
xPapercut (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-10-2008, 03:56 PM

^ I feel like that. ._. In the last newsletter I got, it had a notice that Ugg boots weren't appropriate. FOR GOD'S SAKE, LET US BE OURSELVES! Not just clones.

And I go by: "If it's good enough for America it's good enough for us!" (I'm so jealous that you don't have to wear uniform)

sugar_snow_fairy with a new account since my old one was deleted. Please add me again if you're my friend. =]
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Agent_saf (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via MSN to Agent_saf
Default 02-28-2008, 11:43 AM

I dont care of the uniforms. At least we go to school thats the must worrying thing. But where don't need to be wearing ours every day. We don't need to not just on non-uniform day. I call that LUcky!
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 02-28-2008, 07:34 PM

Uniforms are not to force people to conform, they are there so nothing is worn that would be offensive or inappropriate.

If the only way you can show your individuality is by your clothing, then you certianly are not an individual.

Im so glad all Australian schools are uniformed, I remember our casual days, I couldnt imagine having to sit through people criticising what you wear on a daily basis.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default 03-29-2008, 10:30 AM

at our school we can wear any thing but if its low cut or you can see your underwear then its not okay.
i think uniforms wouldnt b such a bad idea though. it would probably would help with the clique problem at our school..

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!

(#48 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-29-2008, 10:51 AM

Also, I said before that when you end up in a job, you will more than likely have a uniform or at least a dress code, so GET USED TO IT.