Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
AnnieAnonymous (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-29-2007, 03:28 PM

I don't really think uniforms take away your ability to be creative. I think uniforms force you to find another way to show your style. You can't just throw on a tee to let the world you know who you are, you have to be creative by changing up your hair, jewlery, and other things.

That's just my opinion, though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Panic_Overload (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 3 Votes / 3.67 Average
Default 04-29-2007, 07:45 PM

Except some schools with uniforms don't let you accesorize too much. A simple necklace and hair change, but nothing else. I have a friend who had to dye her hair. (She dyed it green before she had to get uniforms.)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-31-2007, 08:06 AM

Dress codes can be good, but also bad. They take away our creativity and our indiviuality. But they also help in bullying. There is just one problem. No matter what school officals do, there will always be bullying.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#24 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-31-2007, 11:01 AM

They don't really take away your creativity. Because if you were creative you would find another way to express your creativity.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-04-2007, 08:04 AM

I'd like to point out that once you leave formal education and get a job, in most jobs you'll have to wear some kind of uniform anyway, so you might as well get used to it now. True, not in all jobs; I work in a bar and don't have to wear a uniform, but if you work in a shop; become a nurse; become a teacher (teachers mostly have dress codes) or join one of the armed forces, you will have to abide by a dress code or wear a uniform.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
mylovedove (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-02-2007, 11:05 PM

for me dress codes at my school no one cares about the dress code because they don't send you home only in grade eight they do so i've heard
but with uniforms i think there cool as long as there are cute skirts long or short.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 07-21-2007, 03:19 PM

We don't have a school uniform at my school and I guess it works pretty well.Not many people dress inappropriatly and it has cut down on the time teachers have to spend on telling students to wear their uniform correctly.
Also it allows people to express their personality more and I think it maybe makes students feel more respected therefore they respect the school more which is good.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#28 (permalink))
Old
AmigasCheetas (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 5 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-21-2007, 08:48 PM

Well I love fashion its one thing I want to do when I get older but now my school has uniforms soo that sucks

Someday it will be my turn until then I can dream cant I?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Danica_Shardae (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.67 Average
Talking 07-22-2007, 06:13 PM

My school doesn't enforce dress code barely at all. (No pun intended.) It's only until they say something to you that you have to dress more appropriately. Unless, of course, you go to school in a bikini. Then they'd say something to you the moment you walked through the door..lol.
But I really don't like how the administrators at my school are so passive when it comes to dress code. I mean seriously. I've seen girls dressed in such skimpy clothing, it's distracting. And then the admins don't even do anything about it. That's not right.
But I digress. At least I don't dress like that. It ain't right...

I'm still here, I just don't post AS OFTEN.

Check me out:
DeviantART
Tumblr
(#30 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-10-2007, 04:13 AM

My school doesn't care. Thank gosh. They don't care about anything, really.