Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sarika2004 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Send a message via MSN to sarika2004
Default Weapons in school, what would you do? - 12-03-2006, 11:08 AM

Let's set up the scene, your walking to class across campus. Accidently you run into this kid, looks like the classic i-dont-want-to-be-here type, he turns to you and gives you the nastiest glare and keeps walking. As you keep walking you take one last glance when something catches your eye. You freeze, your not sure what you just saw but your pretty sure it wasn't something for a school project. Your friend, who's walking beside you whispers, "yo, that kid is like the biggest drug dealer in the school. and dude, he's got a knife on him he's even pulled it on me". Now, your freaking out, he's got a knife which is against school policy, no forget that, it's against the law. The bell rings and you sprint to class not wanting to be late, on the way to class you pass the office, but don't go in. After class and after you've been thinking of this matter and nothing else....what would you do?

Would you chicken out and say, hey I didn't get a clear look at it, and not report it?
Would you go to the office and stutter the words "I...I..I think someone has a knife on campus"?

What would you do?

Your sarcastic, spazzy, and smexy lover!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-03-2006, 07:53 PM

I would definately go to the office about it. Reports are confidential and no one needs ever know you went in there. Anyways, you could always make up an excuse as to why you were there if anyone suspected. Better safe then sorry, especially since school shootings, knifings, and generally fighting are increasing significantly lately.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
sarika2004 (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Send a message via MSN to sarika2004
Default 12-04-2006, 11:33 AM

Apparently, this has become an increasing problem. Unless students feel threatened they won't report it. I think it's because so many people hear the if-you-tell-you're-a-baby type stories.

Personally, I would go to the office and ask them what the procedure was for handling a weapons situations. Of course, I might be scared to actually do it, but I would force myself to.

Your sarcastic, spazzy, and smexy lover!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-04-2006, 03:18 PM

My own current high school was the scene of a shooting that hit national news, even though only one person was injured and the shooter was quickly apprehended. I think to a certain extent, it takes being in a situation or in a school where such a situation like that occured for you to be shocked into the reality of school violence and weapons. I'll admit, before I didn't take the drills seriously, but afterwards I have tried to keep in mind what has happened in the past.

Slightly off topic, but have you ever read Give A Boy A Gun? It's an excellent book that centers around school shootings/violence. A definate must read for anyone who's interested in the topic.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 12-05-2006, 04:57 PM

Weapons at school are a big problem, 'speically here in the South. There was this law that was trying to be passed a couple of months ago that would allow teachers to bring guns to school. :/

I more then likely wouldn't go to the office though, because...for one, I doubt that the moron principal would do anything. (He's been arrested for prostitution before, and I have no idea how he got to be principal. -- )

I would probably tell my JROTC instructor, because I think that he would be better equiped to handle situations like that better then anyone else in the school.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
little_girl_lost (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to little_girl_lost
Default 12-06-2006, 12:56 AM

I would probably act as though it had never happened - it makes me sound like a chicken but at my old school they never did anything about it (nothing that worked anyway) and if any of their friends spotted you on your way in or out of the office there was always hell to pay.

How do you sleep while the rest of us cry
How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye
How do you walk with your head held high
Can you even look me in the eye
And tell me why

Dear Mr President - Pink
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-06-2006, 08:31 AM

I'd make an anonymous report. In any case, I was often at the office so my presence there wouldn't be considered unusual.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-06-2006, 01:09 PM

o.o I was drawing a dagger today.
Somebody looked over my shoulder and took a deep breath.
I don't blame him/her, but it was part of the costume my friend had designed. She wanted me to draw it out for her.
I don't understand why weapons are bad, if they're used correctly.
I mean, like, if somebody tried to do something bad to you, you'd need to know how to defend yourself, correct?
Some of us just don't have the money for karate lessons or are just not fit enough.
But some people, when they see a weapon, they take it bad immediately and report.
Then the person carrying the weapon gets in trouble, whether they were planning to use the weapon for bad reasons or not.
I'm not engaging into a fight; Just telling you my opinion.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-06-2006, 02:52 PM

A person can defend themselves without weapons just fine, if trained properly. Using the excuse of defense is just not a good one since there are so many other routes that can be taken.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM

Possession of an offensive weapon - WikiCrimeLine