Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

School Talk about school topics: Homework, colleges, books, careers, lessons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Mathiea26

Default 09-28-2007, 10:24 PM

I'd tell! Either the princible, vice princible, or my faveourite teacher.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
daisydog789 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 3 Votes / 2.33 Average
Default 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM

The only smart thing to do is tell the office. It is the only way to keep everyone safe. But don't hesitate, or it will be to late.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ILoveDreams

Default 11-23-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarika2004 View Post
Let's set up the scene, your walking to class across campus. Accidently you run into this kid, looks like the classic i-dont-want-to-be-here type, he turns to you and gives you the nastiest glare and keeps walking. As you keep walking you take one last glance when something catches your eye. You freeze, your not sure what you just saw but your pretty sure it wasn't something for a school project. Your friend, who's walking beside you whispers, "yo, that kid is like the biggest drug dealer in the school. and dude, he's got a knife on him he's even pulled it on me". Now, your freaking out, he's got a knife which is against school policy, no forget that, it's against the law. The bell rings and you sprint to class not wanting to be late, on the way to class you pass the office, but don't go in. After class and after you've been thinking of this matter and nothing else....what would you do?

Would you chicken out and say, hey I didn't get a clear look at it, and not report it?
Would you go to the office and stutter the words "I...I..I think someone has a knife on campus"?

What would you do?
Last year when I was in 6th grade, there was this kid (won't say name of course, but this kid was a boy) and he was always the slacker in class, everyday in our math class the teacher would have to tell him to take his hood off or tell him to calm down...anything along those lines. And for about a week he wasn't at school, everyone said it was because he brought a gun to school "Yeah right, he probably has the flu or something!" I thought. Then I ask my mom who is a campus supervisor...she said he did. I was in shock.

When I was hmmmm... maybe in 5th or 4th grade, I actually went to the office and told the office that a kid had a knife, I saw the kid had the knife and cut open a tennis ball...and when I saw him, he looked at me with this "I'm tough, ya you saw...but don't tell, anyone, scared" look. Then I went to the office and went through a "pre-yearbook" and pointed to his picture...I felt kinda bad because he was on my little bro's soccer team, but I know it was the right thing to do.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 01-14-2008 at 08:28 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Emma_Ribbit

Default 01-12-2008, 11:22 AM

I would report it. Probably to the school's Dean of Students. He's very 'tough and verryyyyyyy strict', and that has happened when I waws in Middle School, I think. I remember a very loooooooooooong lockdown.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
jelibon (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to jelibon
Default 08-26-2008, 03:32 AM

oh it's a major problem in Georgian schools too, the law doesn't allow to have weapons like knoves until you're 18, and guns until 21, but the schoolkids still find ways to buy them at the so-called black markets
so many teens have died in those kind of accidents, it's really sad :[

last year some schools started setting watch cameras in every hallway and class, but it's very expensive
they get checked every single day at the school entrance, but hey, what happens when they're out of school? still no solution to this problem

got bass ?

:]
(#26 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-26-2008, 05:01 PM

I've posted on this before, but I think I would do it differently.

If it was a friend of mine or somebody that I kinda knew, I would probably talk to them. I would tell them that that didn't need to do this, that it doesn't make them look all tough and that they need help. I'd tell them that that didn't really need to do this. And if they were absolutely determined to do it, then I would leave them and tell an authority figure. And honestly, I don't know if I would hesitiate, or just do it.

If it wasn't somebody I knew, then I wouldn't even try to talk them. It would probably only make it worse. I would just go and tell somebody. Simple.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 08-26-2008, 05:41 PM

At my sisters school a boy who was around 10 and he had anger problems, and he took it out on a kid, all up his arm. The victim had to go to the hospital
and the boy was expelled. It would suck to expelled in elementary school, so young.

alot of boys carry pocketknives, for god only knows what. There was a Mexican exchange student in my school who would always take out a switchblade and point it at people, he stabbed my binder >.>

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-27-2008, 06:32 AM

I don't think I ever posted on this. O_o

My freshman year, back in 2006, I was waiting for my math class to start and I was sitting outside the door - that's practically where I lived. XD - and I was listening to the year's seniors talking about a guy and a friend of mine, Louie. Jaqy (girl) was talking about how the guy had threatened Louie and dared him to bring a gun, all because Louie's dad is a recreational hunter. It scared me pretty bad, so I told my math teacher and she got this downright SCARED look on her face.

The guy was arrested and isn't allowed to come back to school; Louie got sent to another school "for his own safety" for most of the semester because a lot of kids wanted to jump Louie for "putting us in danger".

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm