Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Beware, This House Is Haunted! - 06-29-2014, 03:54 PM

Rules.

1. Anyone can join! If you have any questions about the RP or about your character, PM me. Don't be afraid if you haven't RPed for a time... just jump right in. XD

2. No Mary Sues or Gary Stus. Read the stickies and abide by the rules.

3. Please try to have at least two characters, and also try to keep the groups even. More humans than ghosts would be prefered.

4. Have fun!

~~~

A group of young adults are moving into a new house. They are excited, as this will be their first home together after the family homes they have left. They are looking forward to the future, and plan to enjoy themselves as young, independant people. But little do they know that their house is haunted. The house is old, at least five hundred years old, and has a troubled and frightening history. It was first built as a private residence for the lord of the manor, but has also done time as a hostel and also as a mental asylum. Over the centuries, people have died there. And some of those people have never left.

The group know nothing about this. As far as they're concerned, this house is the perfect place to live. It's large and spacious, and was sold to them for a knock down price. They don't mind about the age of the house, or about the decrepit old rooms. These can be dealt with, by use of fresh paint and wallpaper. The group are moving in today, and they plan to live here a long time. But perhaps the spirits living here might have other ideas. Some of these ghosts have been living here for centuries. And they have no intention of sharing their home with the living.

~~~

Character form.

Please fill out every part of this form. The bits in brackets are information so you can just delete them when you post your character.

Name: {Your character's name. If a ghost, try to pick a realistic name for the time period they lived in.}
Living/Ghost: {Is your character one of the group of young adults, or a ghost?}
Age: {For ghosts, the age they died at and the number of years they've been a ghost. For the living, try and keep them within the age span of 18 - 25 years old.}
Appearance: {What your character looks like. If a ghost, they may appear in a strange and/or frightening way if haunting. Pictures can be used, but please include a written description as well.}
Personality: {Include at least three faults, and not more than three strengths.}
Short Bio: {This is where you tell us about your character's story so far.}

~~~

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-29-2014, 03:56 PM

Name: Victoria Blake.
Living/Ghost: Ghost.
Age: Victoria died when she was nineteen. She's been a ghost for so long, she's forgotten how many years it's been.
Appearance: Long brown hair and grey eyes, very thin, boyish figure. When she appears as a ghost, she looks like this. Victoria always wears a dirty white nightdress, cuz that was the clothing she died in.
Personality: As a living girl, Victoria was shy and withdrawn. As a ghost, Victoria tends to be manic at times, miserable at others. She's deeply paranoid and hates men, tho she doesn't mind women so much. She can be spiteful at times if she takes a dislike to a resident.
Short Bio: Victoria was admitted to the asylum after she was raped by her stepfather and fell pregnant as a result. She gave birth in the asylum ward and her baby was forcibly taken away from her. Victoria is perfectly sane, but her stepfather was able to force Victoria's mother to sign the slip to get Victoria committed, in order to get rid of her so that he'd get away with his crime. Victoria was only fifteen when she was committed, and nineteen when she died. The asylum medical staff neglected the patients, and some even were deliberately cruel. Eventually, Victoria committed suicide by hanging herself with her bedsheets. Her body was buried in the asylum graveyard, which now has been paved over.

Name: Emily Browne.
Living/Ghost: Living.
Appearance: Emily has jaw length blonde hair, with pink streaks in it, blue eyes and is average height. She's curvy with a tendency to plumpness, which she hates.
Personality: Emily is always trying fad diets to try and slim down, which fail as she cheats her diets and gives up very easily. She loves to organise and is very bossy. Emily can also be lazy, especially when doing things she finds boring, and has a hot temper.
Short Bio: Emily finally decided to move out of her parents' home after she got into university to do a degree in English. She took two years out before starting; firstly to travel in India and second to work to build up her bank balance before beginning her studies. She doesn't like the house at all, cuz to her it feels wrong. Emily only agreed to move in cuz the house was so cheap.

~~~

Every night I lie on my hard bed and stare at the tiles on the floor of the dorm room. There are about five hundred tiles that make up that floor, and I know, cuz I've counted them. Sometimes I get interrupted by a scream from the floor below, or from a noise next door, and I have to start again. I have to count all the tiles on the floor, or something terrible will happen to me... Why does the dorm room have tiles on the floor anyway? Why not carpet? Even as I think this, I know the answer. When blood spills on the floor, it's easier to wipe it off tiles than to clean carpet.

The dead lie in the graveyard at the very bottom of the garden. They are the lucky ones, the ones who escaped. The people who run this place don't care if we die... and neither do we. I'm not crazy, but if I have to survive here for much longer, I will be...

Victoria awoke with a start. For a few, terrified moments, she believed that she was back in the asylum, sleeping in her dorm bed along with all the other female patients who had been branded as crazy and forced to live there. But she wasn't, or at least, she was still in the building but it wasn't an asylum any more. It hadn't been for years, and anyway, it had been a youth hostel after that. Now tho, it was back to being a private residence, tho few people ever stayed long. Victoria prefered that. The last owner, a man that Victoria had taken an instant dislike to, had left in rather a hurry. Now, the place was standing empty again. But for how long?

~~~

Emily looked at her watch and sighed. It was always the same; she'd arrange with her housemates to be to meet someplace, and she'd always be the first one there. The meeting place was at a cafe, and Emily had decided that it would be far easier if they all travelled up to the house together, rather than arriving in dribs and drabs and then having to wait for everyone to arrive. This way, they could all go to the estate agents as a group and collect the keys, then go inside to wait for the van to arrive with their stuff. Emily resolutely didn't check her watch, and instead ordered another coffee as she waited for everyone to show up.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 06-30-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-30-2014, 12:39 AM

Name: Olivia Freshenwoods
Living/Ghost: Living
Appearance: Shoulder length blonde hair with a straw-like consistency from years of being fried with a straightener. Average weight and build, but on the taller side, let's say about 5'8". Green eyes, pale complexion with a lot of freckles. Olivia doesn't tan; she burns. Wears contacts when out and about, but when at home, she has glasses with a thick, black, rounded frame. Prefers to dress conservatively, usually in button-downs with sensible pumps and a neat skirt. Has a favorite plaid headband that she almost always wears.
Personality: Olivia is a highly organized individual with little patience for slackers. This stems from her years spent putting herself through University while working a couple of side-jobs to supplement the expense. She can be a bit abrasive, but she means well. Olivia struggles to relate to people and often comes off as rude because she calls things as she see them. This has lead to some failed relationships. She's hoping that forcing herself to live with other people will help her "sand-off" her personality a bit by making her learn to be more sensitive to others' needs. She is highly skeptical of any so-called "supernatural" activity. She is a bit of an elitist and looks down on anyone who lacks ambition, who has never held a job, or who has failed to succeed in the rigorous coursework she deals with every day.
Short Bio: Olivia Freshenwoods is a fourth-year University student studying computer science. She wishes to make a career solving tech problems for major corporations. Her parents divorce when she was about ten years old, and she spent most of her time as a minor living with her mother and visiting her father every other weekend. Both of her parents work in corporate positions, her father as an HR representative and her mother as an accountant. Since accounting is not the most lucrative job, Olivia helped her mother pay bills by working various retail jobs until she was old enough to head to school (at that point, all of her retail money went towards her education). She saw that there was inexpensive housing available closer to where her school was, so she decided it was time to move out of her mother's apartment and try living with other people, though she knew it wouldn't be easy. She's already lost one boyfriend because of her inability to filter her very judgmental thoughts. Olivia is hopeful that she'll be able to keep a lid on it long enough to perhaps become friends with her new room-mates...
~~~
Olivia scanned the paper with the name of the cafe scribbled on it. Then she looked up at the building she was standing in front of, looking to see if anyone there resembled the pictures she'd seen in an e-mail thread. She noticed a plumper girl with wild hair (wild by her standards anyway) and tried to recall the name that came attached to the image. Emma? Ember? EMILY!, she remembered. Olivia took a deep breath, mentally reminding herself not to comment on the girl's appearance or weight, and entered the cafe.

"Hi, I'm Olivia Freshenwoods," she began, "And I believe I recognize from all of those e-mails. Emily, is it? I'll be one of your new housemates." She hoped she was able to keep the judgmental edge out of her tone, but she was terrible at gauging what she sounded like to other people. She awkwardly extended her hand, waiting to see if the other girl would shake it.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 06-30-2014 at 03:37 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-30-2014, 03:28 PM

Name: Gloria Sullivan
Living/Ghost: Ghost
Age: Died when she was 17, but has been a ghost for about eighty years
Appearance: Long dark brown hair, and equally dark brown eyes. Tan skin and a petite figure -- she is only 5''3. Gloria appears like this when she is a ghost. Died in a paper medical gown and has been wearing that ever since.
Personality: Gloria can be outgoing, but very hostile to people she suspects are judging her. Living poor in Mexico, she can be very creative and resourceful to find solutions to problems. However, she projects her anger due to her hard time adapting in her new country on residents. She does not like to share and can be very territorial.
Short Bio: Gloria is originally from Mexico, but after her mother remarried after the divorce her new father moved them to America/England for his job. Though only eight years old at the time, she found it difficult to adapt to her new home, culture, and language. This put her into a deep depression and she first attempted suicide when she was 14 -- and her parents decided to send her to the asylum. The handcuffs she was locked in were rusty due to decades of bad hygiene and negligence by the staff. Eventually they cut her hands and gave her a bad infection, and she died.

(Ooc: I didn't know if this was in England or America..XD)

Name: Jamie Alford
Appearance: Jamie wears grey, round glasses and hazel eyes. He has black hair with green streaks in it. Pale, and of about average height and build. Most notably, he has a ring in his nose. Usually seen in a band tee and jeans.
Personality: Jamie can be a bit of a narcissist at time as he tends to believe always in his perception and judgement and has a hard time listening to others. Jamie tends to stay disorganized and can be a bit of a procrastinator. He usually works well under pressure and in hard situations.
Short Bio: Jamie is working on getting a degree in journalism at university and wants to be a music news writer critic for a popular magazine one day. Pop music is something he detests, and he seems to believe alternative music is the only music worth listening to. He usually always has a cluttered backpack with his laptop at all times. He is somewhat leery of people he believes are do-good types. Though he had rumors about the residence, he thought they were just that. Rumors. For him, the house was a plan to save money.

~~~

Gloria was in the library, attempting to find a book about Mexico's Day of the Dead holiday. There wasn't one in sight -- the asylum must have banned any books related to death in the library. The only books left were missing covers and were about dealing with anger. She wondered if anyone had visited her grave that year and what they would leave. Even though she died at the local public hospital, the asylum didn't send patients to private hospitals if they needed medical attention, she was buried back home in Mexico. Yet, somehow her soul remained trapped here. She was lucky tho -- she had her that some people were buried in the asylum's graveyard which didn't even exist anymore.

Though, it was much better now that it was a private residence. It was almost peaceful and you could almost block out the memories of girls screaming and banging on the walls, straitjackets being forcibly put on you, handcuffs grating skin...

~~

Jamie walked up to the door, feeling out of place with his backpack which he had left to the car that was going to drop off their stuff. Before opening the door, he looked through the window to make sure anyone was in there. He spotted Emily and another girl and went inside. He got in line to order a coffee -- black -- and went to Emily's table. He had seen pictures of Emily before, thought she was cute, probably on account for the hair. He didn't recognize the other girl but assumed she was one of the other housemates.

"Hey, is this the group that's going to live in that former mad house? Pardon me, asylum."

Last edited by Catlover642 : 06-30-2014 at 07:45 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-03-2014, 03:36 AM

Name: Marissa White
Appearance: Long dark brown curly hair that hit about mid-back, skinny and petite (about 5'6) figure, with a half sleeve of different tattoos. She also had more almond shaped eyes.
Personality: Marissa is a people pleaser. She will make herself miserable if it makes sure everyone else is happy. She tries to go with the flow as much as possible but doesn't adapt to change well. She loves to laugh and make people smile, even if it means making a fool out of herself.
Short Bio: Marissa grew up in the system. Her mother dropped her off at a church when she was 10 after becoming pregnant with her new husband. She never stayed with one couple for very long as she usually didn't adapt well to the change of a new house. She is confident when she has to be but always worries about what other people are thinking of her.

Marissa slipped her headphones out from her ears as she walked into the cafe. She quickly grabbed a water and paid for it as she walked over to the table full of people. "Hey, are you guys the ones moving into the old abandoned house?" She asked. "I'm Marissa White."

Marissa slipped a jacket on as she sat down at the table. She knew that she was slightly sweaty as she had just finished a nice run. Marissa was always very active and enjoyed going to the gym. She found it relaxing, as it was the same motion one after the next.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Ooc: Basing in England, btw; just to make things easier. XD

Victoria wandered into the library, which to her held no bad memories. The upper floors of the house were where the old dorms had been, and Victoria had died in the one at the very top. The asylum had been called Rosewood Lunatic Asylum when Victoria had been there, but the name had later been changed to Rosewood Home For Wayward Girls. The name didn't matter, the place was still the same and the other ghost in the house, Gloria, had suffered just the same as Victoria had, despite the name change.

Emily shook Olivia's hand when it was held out to her. "Yeah, that's me," she replied. "Just waiting on two more... oh, here they are."

As the other two, a young man and a young woman came in, Emily heaved a sigh of relief. She had hoped that she wouldn't be waiting too long. "I'm Emily Browne," she replied to Jamie. "And yes. Tho it was a youth hostel for a while after, but that's much the same thing to my mind."

She turned to Marissa. "Hiya, thanks for coming," she said. "Now we're all here, we'll chill for a bit then go get the keys to our new home. The van with all the stuff is coming a bit later."

(#7 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-03-2014, 05:23 PM

[[Ooc: I had a feeling that would happen which is why I choose the term "University" instead of just "college" haha]]

Olivia surveyed the other new arrivals. She could tell she was in for a bit of a culture shock, and not just because she'd be living without her mother. Between the tattoos, piercings, and wild hair, Olivia felt a sense of unease wash over her. This was not her usual crowd...not that I have a usual crowd, she smirked to herself. She then came to the realization that maybe she should introduce herself to them.

"Hi, I'm Olivia Freshenwoods. And you must be Jamie," she said turning to face him. Since Marissa had just stated who she was, Olivia didn't really feel the need to address her. "You might remember me from all the e-mails?"

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-03-2014, 09:33 PM

When Victoria arrived, Gloria was reading a book titled about fascinations with death. It wasn't exactly Day of the Dead, but it was the closest she could find. "Hi," she said, putting the book back on the shelf. She wasn't this warm normally but after sharing the same place with Victoria for so long she trusted her. "This really isn't much a library."

"Yeah, that's me. I think I remember you. I get so many emails and I'm also writing things, sometimes its hard to keep everything straight." Jamie took a sip of his coffee. He normally didn't hang out with girls like her -- practically everyone he knew had a body modification of some sort. "I write. Well, I'm studying journalism. I'm going to write for The Rolling Stone someday."

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-04-2014, 11:51 AM

"Well, the books they had back then weren't very interesting, and the new ones even less so," Victoria replied.

After the last resident had left in a hurry, Victoria hoped that there wouldn't be any more people living in the house.

~~~

Emily drank her coffee and consulted her notes. "We ought to be making a move soon," she said. "We need to pick the keys up from the estate agents."

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-05-2014, 09:50 PM

"Well, it wasn't like this place was known for it's literary variety. Or customer service for that matter."

Gloria didn't want anyone else moving in either. When the last residents lived there, she would play the downstairs piano at night to freak them out. To her, it was unfair for them to simply come into her home without facing any of the obstacles she had faced when coming to England.

---

Jamie wondered how he was going to survive in a house of all women. As far as he could tell no other guy could show up. Well, at least it would be interesting..