Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default The Witches Of Eastwood {RP} - 05-22-2014, 06:57 PM

Rules.

1. Witches can be male or female. All characters must be aged fifteen or sixteen, so that they attend the same class. Witch characters must have a corner and an element, and their backstory must refer to one or the other. The elements/corners are as follows: Air/Invention, Fire/Feeling, Water/Intuition and Mother/Earth.

2. The way that witchcraft is shown in this RP and the basic premis is based loosely on "The Craft". Read more about it here.

3. No Mary Sues or Gary Stus. Keep to the forum rules!

Character Form.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:

~~~

The story starts in the small American town of Eastwood, a few miles away from Salem where the witchcraft trials occurred many years ago. Little does everyone know, but witches still exist, and they still practice. At the high school in Eastwood, everything goes on as usual. Teachers teach their classes, cliques form and break up, students go to classes and the school year goes its steady way. Until one year, when things start to happen and the peace is broken. Four new students join Eastwood High; all high school rejects, who are full blooded witches. Unknown to each other at first, these four form a coven which makes things happen. Once they draw together, the coven find that their magic is increased tenfold and they can use it to get revenge on classmates who shun them. But not everything is destined to go their way forever.

~~~

Something is unleashed. A dangerous spirit is called upon, but somehow manages to escape the ties which bind it to the other world. This is one of the tormented witches from centuries ago, who was hanged for witchcraft in Salem, and her escape is a direct result of the misuse of magic that the coven have been practicing. Everything you do is destined to come back times three, and the punishment visited on the coven results in a witch spirit being let loose on the world. She wants revenge for her imprisonment, torture and death, and doesn't care who she hurts. But how can the coven find her, and fix things? How can they find a spirit who could be anywhere? Perhaps there is another coven, a more experienced one around... it's the finding that will be difficult. But it's the price that has to be paid for abusing your magic powers...

~~~

Name: Diego Blake.
Element/Corner: Fire/Feeling.
Appearance: Longish dirty blonde hair, grey eyes, average height and weight.
Personality: Diego loves to play pranks on people, and can be very rude at times. He's impulsive and doesn't think before he acts. He likes his own way and goes into a sulk if he doesn't get it.
Bio: Diego was expelled from his last high school for setting the place on fire, using his magic. He hadn't meant to burn the place down, but his control over his powers was minimal and the place was destroyed. No-one was hurt, but the Principal expelled Diego. He said nothing about how he had started the fire, and it was assumed he used matches. Diego's parents decided to move the whole family to another town for a fresh start; his father is a freelance journalist so the move was easy enough. His witchcraft is passed down from his maternal grandmother, and neither his parents or his brothers have the gift.

Name: Sanura Grey.
Element/Corner: Earth/Mother.
Appearance: Bobbed black hair, blue eyes, tall and a tendency to plumpness.
Personality: Sanura is quiet and withdrawn. She finds it very difficult to make friends, and is very shy. She gets paranoid that others are talking about her, and is prone to bursting into tears if people are mean to her. She has a sly and spiteful side, but cuz she keeps her feelings bottled up, rarely lets it out.
Bio: Sanura's parents divorced recently, and she and her mother moved to Eastwood soon afterwards. Her mother got a job in a department store in the next town and Sanura was enrolled at Eastwood High. She hates it as several girls in the popular clique bully her and wishes she could go back to her old school. She started at the school last month but still hasn't made any friends and feels like the new girl. Sanura's mother is a white witch, and Sanura has inherited the gift from her, but hasn't been trained yet as her mother is unaware and Sanura doesn't want to tell her.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-23-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-23-2014, 03:25 PM

The alarm clock rang with a shrill, keening sound, and Diego groaned and slammed his hand down on it to turn it off. He grunted and settled down again, not wanting to get up. A few minutes later, there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Diego, get up!" his mother yelled. "You don't want to be late for your first day! You have to make a good impression!"

Diego groaned and got out of bed. He went thru the motions of washing, dressing and sorting out his bag, then slouched downstairs. His father had already left for work, having started a job researching news stories for the local paper. His mother was making breakfast and fluttering around Diego's little brother Darrel, the favourite of the family. Diego gave his brother a sour look before getting himself some toast and coffee.

Dean, the eldest, hadn't moved with the rest of the family as he was now in college. Diego had gotten on better with Dean; it was Darrel who he couldn't stand. His mother swore that she had no favourites and loved all her sons the same, but Diego knew better. Eventually, he left the house to walk to Eastwood High, the school he was to attend from now on, after the incident that had happened at his old school. He wasn't about to make the same mistake again, and allow his emotions to control his powers again. Diego wished he had his grandmother to speak to, but she had been left behind after the family moved. She would have understood... she, like her grandson, was also a witch...
~~~

Sanura Grey was up early. She sat in front of her makeshift alter in the summerhouse at the bottom of the garden, murmuring an incantation. Sanura had inherited the talent of witchcraft from her mother, who at this moment didn't know this and Sanura wasn't about to tell her any time soon. She was safe in the summerhouse, as her mother never went to the small building at the bottom of the long garden attached to the house where Sanura lived with her recently divorced mother. Sanura had her reasons... her mother practiced white witchcraft, and the spells that Sanura wanted to do were more grey than white, and some nearly black.

Ever since she had started at Eastwood High, Sanura had hated it. The popular clique had fastened on her as their focus for torment and constantly bullied her. Sanura tried to cope by keeping her head down and trying to fade into the background, but it wasn't working. She finished her incantation and sighed. The spell for being ignored would work for the morning, but would need renewing for the afternoon and she had nowhere to work her magic at school. Any stronger spells would require a coven to work with, and Sanura had no friends, let alone other witches to be with. A coven of four would be especially powerful, as it meant that spells could be performed by calling the Corners.

Sanura had found a book in a nearby shop, which sold witchcraft supplies and spoke of such things. One such spell, an invocation of power, began by calling to the watchtowers of East for the Element of Air, South for Fire, West for Water and finally North for Earth. Sanura had worked out by now that her Element was Earth and her Corner was Mother, but the spell wouldn't work with just herself. She sighed heavily and began to pack up in preparation for leaving for school. If only there were other witches at the school, but so far, she had not encountered a single one.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-23-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 05-24-2014, 10:20 AM

Name: Nora Valentine
Element/Corner: Water/Intuition
Appearance: Petite and thin, very long straight brown hair sometimes worn in a ponytail, almond blue eyes and thick brows.
Personality: Nora is a smart and sweet girl who prefers to avoid confrontation. Unfortunately, her kindness is often taken advantage of as she desperately tries to fit in. She is terrified of being alone, and rather cowardly in general.
Bio: Shortly after Nora turned 3, her mother had ran away and left Nora and her husband. She had been battling depression since Nora's birth and while Nora was at preschool and her husband was working, she decided she had to pack up and leave. Since then, Nora's had abandonment issues. When she was young, she would beg her father not to make her go to school and to let her come to work with him, but despite the resistance, her father would eventually convince Nora it would be okay, and that he would never disappear on her. Nora's powers come from her mother's side, and although her father knows about them, he doesn't know what to think of it and he knows he can't be of much help to her there. Nora's favourite thing to do is swim, and she loves the water. She was a natural born swimmer since her first time.

Nora's father stopped his car in a parking lot near Eastwood High School. The tall and nerdy looking man turned to his daughter, "You have a good day at school, Nora. I'll be here to pick you you. Same time as usual."

The young girl looked outside at the old brick exterior of Eastwood and sighed. She opened the door and put her backpack over her shoulder. "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you too, baby girl." He leaned over and gave her a hug before he pulled the passenger door shut and drove off.

Nora slowly walked into the school and then to her locker. It was still a little early, but her father had a deadline to make for his recent project. He worked from their home, which wasn't too far from the school - it was certainly within walking distance for Nora. However, Nora didn't like walking alone, despite the relatively shot distance. Her father had tried and tried to convince Nora that it would be okay, and that nothing would happen to her in broad daylight, but he had since given up as the girl was adamant that her father drop her off and pick her up.

She went to meet up with the popular clique at one of their lockers. Nora could sense that they weren't the nicest people, and she knew they said stuff about her behind her back, but she desperately wanted to fit in with them anyway. She wanted to be part of a group so that she wouldn't be a loner. She put her mouse-y brown hair, which laying flat was past her waist in length, up into a high ponytail and walked over with a smile.

------------------------------

Name: Xander Collins
Element/Corner: Air/Invention
Appearance: Tall, average weight. Half-Chinese (mothers-side), short messy jet black hair, brown eyes, and thick-rimmed glasses.
Personality: Intelligent, eccentric, hyper-thinking, impatient, nervous.. Xander always needs to be doing something & hates sitting still.
Bio: Xander is the oldest of 6 children, and was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 10. His parents are very well off, his father being a plastic surgeon and his mother a University professor. Xander spends the majority of his time away from his large family and in the basement, which he converted into a large bedroom and laboratory for all of his inventions and projects. He rarely finishes any of his inventions though, often switching halfway through to a new and more ambitious idea. Although very intelligent, Xander struggles to focus at school and refuses to take his pills because he believes they stifle his creativity. Because of this, he has mid-to-low grades in all of his classes except for math and science. Only recently has Xander discovered his magic powers, which he has since kept entirely to himself, experimenting with them in his lab to discover the science behind it.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 05-26-2014 at 11:13 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-26-2014, 10:40 AM

Ooc: Gonna start the RP now; can you introduce your other character in your next post, maybe?

Sanura arrived at school and went straight to her locker. She had to pass the locker of Marsha Stevens, the leader of the popular clique to get to hers and even tho she knew she had done her spell correctly, she still flinched at the thought. As Sanura passed her, Marsha didn't react in the slightest; Sanura sighed with relief. And then stopped as tho she'd walked into a wall.

A girl with mousy brown hair in a ponytail was standing next to Marsha. Sanura had never seen her before but she knew one thing; this girl was a witch. The tingle of recognition that shot thru her confirmed it; this was what happened to every witch who met another witch for the first time.

~~~

Marsha had been chatting with her best friend Janice when Nora had walked up, mainly trashing the girls that they and their friends thought weren't pretty.

"Haven't seen that whiny little Insane Aura around, yet," Marsha remarked, spitefully. "Never seem to notice her in the mornings." This was the nasty name they called Sanura.

"She probably goes and hides in the bathrooms or something," Janice replied, laughing. "And where's Nora Hanger-on? She normally shows up about now. Too bad for her, she'll never be popular."

"Shh, here she comes," Marsha replied, nudging her friend. She plastered on a bright, fake smile as Nora came up. "Hi there!"

(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-26-2014, 12:34 PM

"Hi." Nora said softly. "How was your weekend? Mine was pretty uneventful. I wanted to go swimming at the beach, but it was kind of chilly and my daddy had a lot of work to do so he didn't really think it was a good weekend to go swimming. I sat inside and read a book instead. I tried calling you both and asking if we could all go to the mall, but I didn't get any response. You must've had a busy weekend."

--

Xander was running late, yet again. He had forgotten that he had used the batteries from his alarm clock yesterday while building an automatic corking device - an idea that he had thought of yesterday while watching his mother using a corks'crew to uncork a bottle of red wine. As a result, his alarm never went off and he only woke us because his youngest sibling, 2-year old Hannah, had screamed incredibly loudly after 5-year old Parker had stolen her cupcake.

The only one of his siblings in high school, his parents didn't have time to drive him, so he had to take public transit. Often he wouldn't make it to the bus stop in time and he'd have to either wait half an hour for the next one, or run to school. Today was one of those days, and he was feeling energetic, so he decided to run.

It was a good day for running. It was warm, not a cloud in the sky, and with just enough of a breeze to keep Xander from sweating through his white cotton shirt. As he ran, he listened to the light cooing of the birds and watched trees gently swaying. He looked over at the slow-moving cars on the busy road and wondered why so many people had elected to drive on such a beautiful day.

Not watching where he was going, Xander ran right into Diego, his glasses falling off on impact. "Oh, dear, I am incredibly sorry." He leaned over onto the sidewalk, looking desperately for his glasses. He was practically blind without them. "I don't mean to ask you for your help, considering I may have just caused you injury, but can you grab my glasses off the ground for me? I can't seem to find them. If I estimate my run speed... height... velocity... angle of trajectory... they should be right around... here." He said, patting the ground. He hadn't taken into account the fact that they had bounced, and landed in a grassy patch to the left of the sidewalk.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-26-2014, 02:59 PM

"Oh, Marsha and I went to the mall in the next town," Janice replied, with a similar fake grin. "When we got there, we found that we'd forgotten our phones! But it was too late to go back, so we just did without them for the day."

This of course was a lie; when Marsha saw on the display who was calling, she'd set her phone to silent and let it ring.

"Pity, but there it is," Marsha said. "I just couldn't believe I could be so forgetful! I hope that you're still gonna lend us your homework today."

~~~

Sanura stood and watched, feeling slightly ill. This girl Nora, for some reason, thought that if she was friends with the popular girls, that they'd be friends with her. That wasn't going to be the case, but maybe, they could be friends. Sanura walked to her locker, deciding to go and look Nora up at lunchtime.

~~~

Diego had been annoyed when Xander had bumped into him, but his annoyance left him when he got that tingle telling him that the other boy was a witch, too. He bent down and picked up the glasses, which had fallen into a patch of grass.

"Here you go," he said to Xander. "I'm new to this school. Any others of our kind there, or are we the only witches there?"

(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-26-2014, 03:17 PM

"That's fine. We're all forgetful sometimes. I actually did you one better. Since I had extra time on my hands, I copied them out for you and forged your handwriting on them." She handed some papers to Marsha, and then to Janice. "The teachers won't even be able to tell."

-

Xander put on his glasses and stood back up. He looked at the boy, puzzled. "Witches? You mean..." Xander blinked. He never really considered himself a witch. He knew he was special and had some sort of natural affinity, and he had done basic research on the subject, but using a word to classify it was strange for him. "Interesting. I've never met someone with similar abilities. Someone like me. Hm. I'm assuming you must have felt a tingling sensation much like I had a second ago. That must be a trigger."

Xander stuck out his hand to shake, "Well, hello then, friend. My name is Xander, and to answer you question, I am not sure if there are others like us. When did you start using that word? Witch. Are there others like you and I? You see, I recently discovered I was different and my parents... I haven't spoken to them about it yet. I haven't spoken to anybody about it yet except for you, actually."
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-26-2014, 04:10 PM

Marsha smiled widely. "Thank you, Nora," she replied. "We know we can always count on you." She took the papers and put them in her books. "You can sit with Janice and me in Homeroom, if you like," she added, as tho conferring a huge favour on Nora.

~~~

"Oh, witches have been around since forever," Diego replied, shaking Xander's hand. "My name's Diego, and my grandma's a witch, too. It runs in families so maybe you have an ancestor who passed it down to you. Apparently, lone witches can do magic, but magic is most powerful if a group of witches come together."

(#9 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-26-2014, 06:17 PM

"That'd be great!" Nora said, a little too eagerly. She corrected herself, trying to sound a little more 'cool' about it, "I mean, yeah, sure. That'd be fun. Thanks. Speaking of homeroom, we should be going. Don't want to be late, right?"

-----

"Hm, that's intriguing. So, if we find others like us, we'll be able to do stronger magic... We're going to have to keep an eye out for other witches." Xander nodded. "Why are you at Eastwood now? Did your family move? Sometimes I wish my family would move. The kids at Eastwood aren't exactly the nicest of people. Though, I suppose I shouldn't make vast generalizations like that. Most of them are mean."
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-26-2014, 06:49 PM

"Sure, let's go," Marsha said with a smile. She and Janice walked off to homeroom with Nora. Sanura also went, walking behind them cuz she knew that they wouldn't notice her due to her spell. She wished she could make it last longer than morning.

~~~

"Yeah, my family moved here," Diego said. "I kinda got into trouble back at my old school with my powers and it got out of hand. So we all came here for a fresh start, cept for Dean my older brother cuz he's at college. Wish I could have stayed. And yeah, we need to find more witches. The most powerful group, or so my grandma says, is a group of four. That's so they can call the corners and summon up powerful magic."