Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-25-2013, 01:23 PM

CHARACTER FORM:

Name: Dr. Catherine "Cathy" Weiss

Appearance: Average build, but very tall. She pulls her wavy brown hait taut and gathers the ends of it into a loose bun at the nape of her neck. She wears square wire-rim glasses and very little makeup...just natural lipstick. She has grey eyes, thin lips, and a hooked nose. She can appear very harsh, but age have softened her up a bit with laugh lines. She dresses very conservatively, often in a navy blue skirt suit with a white ruffled blouse and a simple brooch that was given as a graduation gift upon receiving her doctorate in psychiatry.

Personality (and/or) Bio: Dr. Weiss (as the students call her)/ Dr. Cathy (as she requests her patients to call her) is one of the overseers of the Program. Before it was implemented, she worked as one of the school psychiatrists at Lincoln Park High School. Because of her harsh appearance, many of the students who don't know her are rather afraid of her, although this stems more from her association with the Program and less from her looks. Even before the Program came to America, she had studied it extensively in college, and she truly believes it's a miracle cure that works. In fact, she was one of the people who pushed the local government into implementing it here. This is a widely known fact among the adults in the community, but due to a lack of communication, may not be as well known among the students. However, some of them surely know who she is and what she stands for.

Dr. Weiss really means no harm, and she treats her patients with the gentleness and sickly-sweetness of a brand new mother, which works for some but absolutely grates on the nerves of others. She is semi-religious in that she was raised in a Christian household, but years of study and the rise of this suicide epidemic have shaken her faith. Still, she holds on to a tiny bit of optimism, which is where her over-the-top sweetness comes from. She is very smart (she does have a doctorate) but she struggles in non-professional relationships: Cathy is very clueless when it comes to picking up social cues in action, even though she could point them out in a book and tell you what they mean. Because of this, she sees romantic relationships as a waste of time, but she still wishes to be a mother, and she is starting to feel her biological clock tick.
----------------------------
*location: 20 mins away from LPHS, in the Program's building. This takes place almost immediately following the English class (roughly the same time as lunch)*
Dr. Weiss sat at her computer, finalizing some details for the day (how many of each pill were available, how long each therapy session would last) when she heard a buzz over her intercom.

"Yes?" she asked in a calm voice.
The receptionist answered, "There is a new patient her to see you. Shall I send her in?"
"Please do." Dr. Weiss responded

She put on the softest possible expression she could manage and waited for the new arrival. When her door opened, a blonde man came towing a red-headed girl with a notebook clutched tightly to her chest. As soon as the man left to return to the school, Dr. Weiss introduced herself.

"Welcome! My name is Dr. Catherine Weiss, but please call me Dr. Cathy," she chirped.

((I hope this is okay and I'm not overstepping boundaries...just wanted to make sure I got my character in here. Let me know if I need to change anything))

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-25-2013, 01:23 PM

Mike smirked even more. "Shall we play a little matchmaker tonight, Ella?" He said, in a goofy high pitched voice.

Torie looked at him. "Hey, don't worry. I will help you out and teach you. It won't be that hard and I won't distract you."

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM

((Nope, go ahead! Did you want to play the red-headed girl or would you rather I do for interaction's sake?))

"She can do better, but she seems to like him so I suppose I'll help."
-
"You probably will distract me." Ryan smirked.

Class started, and by the time the Supervisor left, two classmates had been taken away. A slender, nerdy looking boy, and a gothic-looking Asian girl.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2013, 01:34 PM

((I'm not sure what you mean by back and forth, but you can take the lead on this one.))

Dr. Cathy smiled warmly as she waited for the girl to loosen up enough to share her name. She was well aware this process might take awhile. Luckily, she had already planned for such delays, and there were plenty of other psychologists available for all the new arrivals she just knew they'd be receiving.

(#65 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2013, 01:35 PM

Mike nodded. "ok, so we need a plan and I think the best one would be just to leave early and let them have alone time."

Torie giggled and blushed. She couldn't wait for school to be over.

((hey I am going to the beach. Probably won't be back on til late tonight ))

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#66 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-25-2013, 01:41 PM

((Just interaction so you aren't just RPing with yourself. xD And have fun, SingerLady. =p))

"Hi. I'm Jamie... Jamie Parsons." The young freckle-faced girl mumbled into her notebook, still unwilling to put it down. She was incredibly nervous. She hadn't seen the news broadcast earlier and had no clue what was going on. Jamie hated this place already. The walls were stark white throughout the entire building, and the therapy room was no different. The furniture was minimal and and had absolutely no warmth. She sat on the couch across from Dr. Cathy and stared down at the floor.

-

"I expect I'll want to leave early anyway, so that sounds like an easy enough plan." Ella rolled her eyes. She just wanted to focus on her studies now.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2013, 01:45 PM

Mike nodded and then class started.

Torie took several notes and tried to take extra ones for Ryan.

((see ya!))

<3
(#68 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2013, 01:58 PM

"Well, Jamie," Dr. Cathy said in the same sickly sweet voice "just remember that I am your friend, and I'm going to help make all the pain go away."

(#69 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-25-2013, 02:01 PM

"You can't make the pain go away. No one can. I just want to disappear..." Jamie frowned, lowering the notebook ever so slightly. "I don't know why you would want to help me anyway."
(#70 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2013, 02:18 PM

The notebook lowered just enough for Dr. Cathy to see the dark black circles covering it. She made a mental note of it.

"Jamie, I know this is difficult, but you have to trust that it's what is best for you. Here," she said, reaching into her desk, "take one of these. It will help you." She held a tiny blue pill the palm of one hand, and gestured with the other to a small drinking fountain flanked with paper cups.