Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-18-2013, 12:22 AM

Heather nodded and wrapped her arms around Alex to comfort him.
-
Sharp didn't mind. It was only a phone call. He did, however, keep glancing down the hallway.

Natalie and Joey unwrapped their presents while Torie was busy with the phone call.
-
"I assure you she got out of the tub and she slipped." David replied, honestly. After all, she had gotten out of the tub and slipped, just not one right after the other.

"Why were you and your wife planning a divorce?"

"Because I found out that Victoria Freemon is my daughter, after 18 years, and Mary was having trouble dealing with it. Also, we were simply..' growing apart."

"Shayla Jones tells us that you were thinking of leaving Mary for this woman, the mother of your daughter. Is this correct?" Officer Broderick questioned.

"I will admit, that was part of my consideration, yes. Like I said, Mary and I were growing apart and with finding out her daughter was mine, brought myself and Rachel Freemon closer."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-18-2013, 12:34 AM

"Torie...I have some bad news." Alex said, sounding sad and hurt.

Torie's blood froze as she walked into her and Kevin's bedroom, locking the door behind her. "Alex, what happened? Is everyone ok?" Torie replied, trying to sound calm but came out more as a forced panicked calm.

"...My mom is dead Torie. He killed her. I don't know how but he did. My dad killed my mom." Alex said, breaking down into sobs again.

Torie started crying as well. "Alex...oh, Alex. I'm so sorry. Hey, I am coming home tonight ok and I am already planning on coming over. I will see you then, ok. I promise."

Alex spoke through the sobs. "Ok.....just...be...careful..."

"I will. Love you."

"Love...you...too." He replied, hanging up.

Torie closed her phone and fell into a chair, sobbing. Losing Mary was like losing her mother. Mary had always been to her recitals and plays, anything that Torie had starred in or even just been in. Her own mother on the other hand had only been to the ones Torie had a lead role in, if she was lucky. When both Torie's parents had been out of country, she spent many nights sitting with Mary, having tea parties and playing dress up.
~
"Had you been considering divorcing your wife before you found out Victoria was your daughter?" Lato asked.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-18-2013, 12:41 AM

"Alex..." Heather held him tighter, "It will be alright. I don't know what else I can say. I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now..."
-
David folded his arms, "It had crossed my mind a time or two, but never any serious thought to it. No. Divorce is not something people of our pedigree do often. Money and assets often complicate things, so we try to stay together."

"Did you two have a prenuptial agreement?"

"Yes."

"Were there clauses that may cause the prenup to be invalid if you were leaving Mrs. Rice for another woman?"

"There were, I believe so. But she wanted to divorce me just as much as I did her, for other reasons."

"Was she becoming fed up with the abuse, Mr. Rice?"

"Excuse me?" David shot Broderick a glare. "That's rather accusatory."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-18-2013, 12:49 AM

Alex leaned into her, sobbing too much to speak. Eventually, he ran out of tears and just laid on the bed, holding her.
~
Torie pulled herself together, knowing that if she spent too long in here Sharp and Kevin would come after her. She walked into the bathroom and splashed some water on her face, redid her make-up and hiding the redness from her face. She knew Sharp would know something's up and probably Kevin but to most she would look normal.

She grabbed a jacket from her suitcase and walked back out to the group. "Sorry to keep you waiting." She said, sitting back on Kevin's lap and trying to keep her voice normal.
~
Lato co'cked her head. "Since when does the truth become accusatory? Especially when the ME saw old bruises and a possible broken arm that probably didn't come from falling back into the tub. Broderick, I wonder how many other old fractures we will find once she goes through the x-ray?"

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3

Last edited by LadyBast0911 : 12-18-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-18-2013, 01:00 AM

Heather just held him.
-
Sharp quickly asked, "Who called and what about?"

Kevin handed Torie a present. A little box, obviously some sort of jewelry. "It's your turn." He said. He knew Torie wouldn't want to respond to Sharp, so he ignored him for her."
-
"I'm sure we'll find more." Broderick responded.

David stiffened. He ignored the question. "You don't need to be here, you know. You're wasting your own time over an accident. People slip into the tub all the time."

"You hardly sound concerned. Perhaps something came up about the divorce, words got heated, and you got a little too rough with your wife, as evidence seems to point to being part of a regular routine. Perhaps, when things got rough..."

"I demand you stop accusing me. It is highly unprofessional. I will admit that, yes, I do have some problems with my aggression, but you don't have near enough evidence to be throwing those kinds of accusations at me." David replied coldly.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-18-2013, 01:05 AM

Torie smiled and opened the box, also ignoring Sharp. She didn't want to answer the question for two reasons. 1) she wasn't sure she could answer it without completely breaking down, which she really didn't want to do in front of his family and 2) she wanted to see his reaction when they were alone.
~
"And yet, with your tone and body language you are telling us that we are on the right path, Mr. Rice." Lato replied, smiling. "We understand that accidents happen, so, why don't you just tell us what really happened."

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-18-2013, 01:13 AM

Kevin had bought her an exquisite white gold and diamond three tiered raindrop earrings. "Pretty, yeah? I had the girl at the jewelers help me pick."

"They look stunning, Kevin." Natalie replied as she looked over at them.

Nina put their gift in front of Torie to open next. It was a medium sized rectangular box.
-
"This is my regular tone and body language. If you think I did anything, you are not on the right path, you're wasting time. I told you what happened. She slipped and fell." David repeated. "Her broken arm was likely a result of me trying to stop her from falling."

"What exactly were you talking about?"

"The divorce."

"What about the divorce? You mentioned money made things challenging."

"They do, and yes, we were discussing our prenup and who would end up with what. She also talked about our son, but he's almost 18 so I didn't see custody as an issue anyway. But look, I've told you all I can. We were talking about the divorce, she stepped out of the tub, slipped and fell, and I ran around the room in a panic getting water all over the place."

(( Earings http://www.parisjewellerscanada.com/...r-dia-1335.jpg ))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-18-2013, 01:19 AM

Torie's jaw dropped as she looked at the earrings. "Oh my god...Kevin." She whispered, shocked. She hugged him and kissing him softly, blushing soon afterwards as she remember his family was in the room. "I love them." She added before moving on to Nina's present.
~
"What was in the prenup?" Lato asked.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-18-2013, 01:28 AM

Kevin blushed too. "I'm glad."

Nina and Joseph had gotten Torie a Windows Surface Pro tablet with a purple keyboard. It worked like a mini-computer, with office installed and the ability to run any full PC applications. "I'm sure this will work great for school. I hope you don't already have one."
-
"It's long and detailed, but mainly all our assets prior to the marriage are safe, but everything else is split 75/25 or if Mary worked and made more than 25% of the income it would have been pretty well 'you get what you made'. Since she didn't work though, it was 75/25 unless the reason for leaving was for the sole purpose of being with someone else. If Mary did, she would get nothing except her personal assets prior to marriage. If it was myself, everything would be split 50/50."

"And it was, in this case, yourself?"

"No. Rachel was not my sole reason for wanting the divorce."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-18-2013, 01:33 AM

"This will be perfect." Torie replied, smiling. "Thank you so much."
~
"Oh? And what was your sole reason because if it was that you and Mary were growing apart, this should have happened years ago."

<3