Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-17-2013, 12:43 PM

Heather frowned, "But you're not like that now, Alex. You might have been a little bit before, but now... now you're not like him."
-
Sharp rolled his eyes, "Yes, I had to shoot him. He was pointing a gun at you and if I even hesitated to ask him to put it down, he may have shot at you. My job is to keep you safe, not to be a nice guy. I'm not afraid to do whatever needs to be done. Unnecessary would have been shooting him in the head."
-
The Ellingsons were just about to start their Christmas.
-
Meanwhile, David had just arrived back at his mansion. Mary had already gone back to the mansion the previous weekend. David would have, in most cases, dropped his suitcase and bags at the door and demanded for somebody else to bring them upstairs for him, but this day was different. He took them up to the master bedroom himself. When he arrived in the luxurious master suite, he dropped his suitcase and looked for Mary. "Mary, are you in here?"

"David? I don't want to speak to you." She called out from the bathroom.

David followed the voice and walked into the master bathroom. At the far end was a large jetted bathtub on a platform. He saw Mary having a bubble bath, relaxing as one of the female housekeepers massaged shampoo into her hair. David barked at the middle aged black woman, "Get out. NOW."

"Sorry, Mary, I need to leave." She whispered to her before quickly washing her hands of the shampoo.

"No, Shayla, please stay..." Mary pleaded, not wanting to be alone in a room with her husband.

"I will be back, Mrs. Rice." Shayla regrettably said. She could hear how scared Mary was, but she didn't want to get on David's bad side either. She left the room, leaving only the married couple inside the bathroom.

David locked the door. "Were you begging her to stay? Do I frighten you that much." He said as he turned around and walked over to the tub.

"Stay away, David." Mary said, splashing some water at him and jumping out of the tub as fast she could without slipping. She tried to run past him to the door, but he grabbed her arm and pulled ridiculously hard to stop her, dislocating her shoulder. Mary screamed in pain, "Let go of my arm. David, David, it hurts, please..."

David let go of her arm, but leaned back against the entrance so she had nowhere to go. "Mary, this is going to be a messy divorce..."

"Not if we act like civil human beings." She held her arm still, as any movement felt like a thousand needles were being stabbed into her shoulder. "I'll move out tomorrow."

"You see, Mary... It is not that easy. We have a prenup, but it's invalid if I leave you for another woman and it only protects some of my assets from you."

"I won't tell them you left me for another woman then, David. If that's what's bothering you. Please, just.... don't hurt me." Mary's eyes were full of terror.

David's eyes, by contrast, were full of a cold nothingness. What he was doing didn't at all phase him. "Mary, even if I did believe you... A divorced wife is worth a lot less than a dead wife."

Mary started slowly backing up, "David... Don't... What about Alex?"

"Alex? He's nearly an adult."

"You are a monster, Dave. You made me help murder my own father for his money and now you're going to murder me because it'll save you money in the divorce? You have enough money, David. Even if I took half, you'd have a lot of money."

"You can never have too much money though, Mary. And think of the press I will get if I make it look like a suicide? The Program creator's own wife killed herself, and now he's determined to help everyone. Hell, Mary, I could use it as leverage to start a new Adult Program. So, Mary... get back in the tub." He demanded, pulling out his gun and pointing it at her.

"No."

David blinked, "You do realize I'm pointing a gun at you. I will kill you if you don't listen."

"Why would I listen? So you can kill me and make it look like a suicide for your own sick plan to expand The Program? Either way you say I'm going to die, so why help you with your plans? If you shoot me in cold blood, it won't look accidental. It won't look like a suicide. They'll know it was a murder, and finding out it was you... it'll be easy for them. It'd be an open/shut case. So go ahead and shoot me, David. I know you. You won't risk it. Not now." Mary's tone had changed from scared, to confident.

David put the gun down and started walking toward her aggressively. She backed up further until the tripped back over the platform the bathtub was on, which caused her to fall back into the bathtub and hit her head on the bottom of the bathtub. Her body slowly floated to the top of the water, which was starting to turn red from all the blood. David couldn't help but gasp himself. "M-Mary?" He gently shook her, "Mary, are you..."

When David heard no response, he grabbed the gun off the floor and put it back in a pocket on the inside of his jacket. He called the emergency number and sat by the bathtub, holding her, knowing he had to play the part of a devastated husband. In the back of his mind, however shocking it was to him that there actually had been an accident of sorts, he was happy. A twisted, dark happy. If Mary was dead, he would be a widower. He wouldn't have to worry at all about divorce, and, technically, he didn't kill her with his own hands (although a case could likely be made for manslaughter if they could prove he caused her to back up and trip).

By the time the paramedics got there, Mary had still shown no sign of response. The housekeepers had all gathered outside the master suite and were in tears, hoping Mary was still alive. Unfortunately, the paramedics took her out on a stretcher and was told there was nothing they could do and that Mary was dead the second her head hit the bathtub.

They had told David to stay put, and that investigators were on their way to speak to all the witnesses. David nodded and took the opportunity to call Alex and deliver the bad news.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 12-17-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-17-2013, 05:23 PM

Alex sighed. "I just don't know, Heather." He mumbled, grabbing his phone off the table. "Hello?"
-
"Look, I don't know what you did for my father but I am not like him. I do not find hurting people fun. I am trying to promote a non violent resistance. You being violent is not helping that."

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-17-2013, 05:27 PM

"Hello Alexander. It's your father. I have some bad news. There was... an accident." David said, his tone of voice emotionless. "Your mother... I am sorry, Alex."
-
"I was barely violent. His hand will heal. It's not a fatal wound." Sharp replied. "I know you aren't like your father, and I know you would prefer things to be nonviolent, but I'm doing my job and you are not my boss."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-17-2013, 05:30 PM

Alex turned pale. "No...no she's not." He whispered, starting to cry. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!" He yelled, his voice broken and full of pain.
-
"While yes I am not your boss but you do have to deal with me on a daily basis. I would suggest making this a pleasant experience and not a terrible one. Now, I need to go join the family downstairs so Kevin doesn't start worrying." She replied, walking past him and downstairs, not bothering to wait for him.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-17-2013, 05:41 PM

Heather rubbed Alex's back, unsure of what to say.

David sighed, "Yes, she is, and I didn't do anything. I was going to talk to her about getting a divorce, she went to get out of the bathtub since she didn't want to talk in the bathroom, and she slipped." Still, his voice didn't seem to have much emotion at all.
-
Sharp followed her.

Joseph and Nina had already unwrapped their gifts. They had told the kids not to buy them anything overly fancy. However, they did buy more expensive gifts for each other, Nina getting an all expense trip to the Bahamas for a week at the nicest hotel in the Caribbean, and Nina had bought Joseph a designer watch.

"Torie, Sharp, just in time." Natalie grinned, "It's Mr. Sharp's turn."

Sharp raised a brow, "A gift? For me? No, I don't need anything."

Nina shrugged, "It's from Natalie only. We, unfortunately, didn't have time to buy you anything and we... well, we don't really know you."

Kevin motioned for Torie to sit on his lap, as he was sitting on the armchair.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-17-2013, 05:46 PM

"Bullsh't. You did something to cause this." Alex snapped. "You killed my mother and I will never forgive you for this." He added, before hanging up and throwing his phone at the wall.
-
Torie crawled onto his lap, trying to focus on what was happening in front of her and not on what just happened. Instead she just looked completely out of touch with everything.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-17-2013, 05:52 PM

Heather looked at Alex and frowned, "I'm sorry about your mom, Alex... Was that your dad on the phone? D you think he'd really kill her...?"
-
David rolled his eyes and hung up his phone. Investigators were starting to arrive on the scene. Shayla was outside the bathroom, and a few investigators questioned her. "What's your name, and what was your relation to Mrs. Rice?"

"Shayla Jones. I work here on the weekends, doing housework and whatever else Mrs. or Mr. Rice ask. Today I was in the bathroom with Mrs. Rice. She likes... liked to be pampered when she's having a bath, like she's at a spa, so I was washing her hair for her while she read a magazine."

"You left the room before the accident?"

"Yes, I did. Mr. Rice came in and demanded I leave so he could speak with his wife." She lowered her voice, "Mary didn't want me to leave. She begged me to stay. I... I should've stayed."

"What did Mr. Rice want to talk to his wife about, Ms. Jones?"

"I am assuming it was about him wanting to get a divorce. Although he didn't say, that's all Mary has been talking about all week - that he was leaving her for another woman, the mother of his daughter Victoria, Rachel Freemon."

"Mr. and Mrs. Rice didn't have a good relationship, I take it?"

"You would be correct. Mr. Rice has a history of violence toward Mary, so even before there were talks of divorce, they were never close. She was frightened of him."

"History of violence?"

"He was physically and emotionally abusive toward her."

"In your opinion, do you think Mr. Rice was capable murdering his wife?"

"Mary believed he was."

This painted David as suspect #1 in the eyes of the investigators. "Thank you for your time, Ms. Jones. We'll be in touch."
-
Natalie handed Sharp a rectangular gift, like a video game or a DVD. Sharp looked at Natalie and asked, "Is this appropriate to open on front of everyone or should I open it later...?"

"Open it now, it'll be fun." Natalie giggled.

Sharp opened the gift and turned bright red when he saw what it was and put the gift behind his back. "Thanks, Natalie..."

"A signed copy of my holiday movie. It's coming out next weekend. Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and coming is spelled cu-"

"YES. I see that..."

"I play Mrs. Claus and I have a scene with the elves and-"

"Great, uh, thanks..." Sharp interrupted. He had never felt so embarrassed in his life. XD Natalie really had no shame.

"Okay then..., I guess it's Cathy's turn." Nina said, trying to ignore what her daughter had just given Sharp while Joseph looked almost as red as Sharp did. Joey laughed, and Kevin, Cathy, and Kent all had faces of disbelief.

Cathy opened her gifts, a new laptop, some clothing, and keys to a new motorized scooter she told her parents she wanted.

Kevin whispered to Torie, "Is everything alright...? You seem distant."

Nina interrupted his whispers to Torie, interjecting "Kevin, it's your turn."

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 12-17-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-17-2013, 09:42 PM

"Yes, I do. Whether intentionally or accidentally as he claims, he killed my mother." Alex said, wrapping his arms around Heather and hugged her tightly. "I should call Torie. My mother and her were always close."
-
Torie snapped her attention back to the family and smiled at Kevin. "Of course Im ok." She whispered back, handing him her gift. She hadn't wrapped the gift her and Natalie had gotten him s she didn't see it as appropriate for is type of function. Instead, she had wrapped a couple books about the history of politics both from the us standpoint and foreign standpoint.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-17-2013, 11:16 PM

Heather nodded, "Yeah. You should. Did you want me to leave you alone for a moment? Let you speak in private, and give you some space?"
-
Kevin opened her gift and hugged her, "Thanks, Torie. This will be great to read on break at work. Can never have enough books about politics." He laughed.

"Lame." Joey mumbled. XD

Natalie gave Kevin her gift, which shape gave it away immediately. She had gotten him a guitar. A beautiful light spruce wood acoustic Fender guitar in a 100% leather case. Kevin picked it up and grinned ear to ear. "This is just like my old one. Where'd you get it?"

"A pawn shop. I knew I had to get you it. You have to promise to play it before you leave, okay?"

"Sure. Thanks, Nat. I love it." Kevin said, reluctantly putting it to the side to continue opening gifts.

Joey had gotten him a PSVita, and Cathy had bought him a Nespresso coffee maker. Kevin opened the gift from his parents. They had given him a $25,000 gift card to a very expensive furniture store in Chicago that made one of a kind items. "It's for your condo. I'm sure Torie would agree it needs a little more charm." Nina explained.

"Thanks. Torie and I will have fun with that, I'm sure."
-
After the investigators finished questioning Shayla, they moved on to their most important witness and prime suspect, David Rice. The male investigator started, "You must be David Rice. I've seen you on the telly."

"Indeed I am."

"Can you briefly explain what happened from the time you got home to the time of the accident?"

"I came home from a business trip and wanted to speak in private with my wife. I found her up in the bathroom and told the help to leave so Mary and I could discuss the possibility of divorce. We spoke for a short while she was in the tub, and then she decided she would be more comfortable speaking to me in the bedroom. She stepped out of the bathtub, slipped, and fell backwards back into the bathtub. I tried to break her fall by grabbing her arm, but the momentum of the fall was too great and I couldn't stop it. I shook her around a little, hoping she would come to, but she didn't. I paced the room until you got here, and since water had splashed all over me while I was trying to resuscitate Mary, I ended up getting water all over the place. I already wiped some of it up. I wouldn't want another slip." Of course the water all over the floor had really been from when Mary ran out of the tub and to the door.

((You can play the female investigator. :P ))

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 12-17-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-18-2013, 01:14 AM

Alex shook his head. "You can stay, that's fine." He replied, not wanting her too far from him. He grabbed his phone and called Torie.
~
Torie blushed and nodded. "I wasn't going to say anything, but yes, it could use a little more charm." She agreed with Nina. xD

She paused when she felt her phone vibrate. She quickly checked the caller ID. Alex? Why would he be calling me right now? She thought, pursing her lips together. "Be right back." She said to Kevin. Turning to Sharp, she added, "You can stay. This is private." in a very commanding voice. She walked into the hallway and down towards her and Kevin's bedroom. "Hey Alex."
~
"I noticed that part of the water had been wiped up but the direction that the water seemed to go was towards the door. One would expect that if someone was getting out of the tub most of the water would be by the tub but strangely it wasn't." Officer Lato replied.

<3